PDA

View Full Version : guess someone don't like me

Nausty
01-22-2003, 09:54 PM
Someone tryed to send me a "Exploit-MIME.gen.b" virus which I don't really care because I never download anything through email and I have a couple virus scanners but while trying to trace it I came up with this. Do these names mean anything to you guys?

exprod5mx42.postini.com
MSN messenger-motoxracer24 <MSN-motoxracer24@hotmail.com

thanks! I guess it don't really matter but i'd kinda like to find out so more about em' and try to get their ip so I can let their internet service provider know about it.

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-22-2003, 09:57 PM
I get numerious e-mails every day with viruses from people I know...weird thing is, they actually didn't send it....I guess theres a way for certain people to send e-mails that appear as though its from someone you know.

Nausty
01-22-2003, 10:01 PM
yah your probably right. I never really get any virus's sent to me but it kinda makes me mad when they try doing something like that.

02 Red Rider
01-22-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
Someone tryed to send me a "Exploit-MIME.gen.b" virus which I don't really care because I never download anything through email and I have a couple virus scanners but while trying to trace it I came up with this. Do these names mean anything to you guys?

exprod5mx42.postini.com
MSN messenger-motoxracer24 <MSN-motoxracer24@hotmail.com

thanks! I guess it don't really matter but i'd kinda like to find out so more about em' and try to get their ip so I can let their internet service provider know about it.

Report that info to MSN. Bye-Bye motoxracer24.:macho

Nausty
01-22-2003, 10:03 PM
yah I think I will, thanks.

02 Red Rider
01-22-2003, 10:20 PM
Nausty you have PM

300EXer
01-22-2003, 10:24 PM
i always get those virus's from people i know like 10 times a day. He said that when he first d/l'd the so called screen saver that it said something about fighting a war against something. i figure bin laden started it!:blah

Nausty
01-22-2003, 10:44 PM
alright heres what I found out, I think i got his ip but i'm not sure if the one i'm looking at is his. I also got the ip's of some of his sources. ALso his email really isn't from msn.

honda250xrider
01-23-2003, 07:11 AM
he proboly was using linux. Its pretty popular among hackers what they do on it is get on linux(very complicated program i think) and they hack into another persons computer from there they have the other victims computer and there ip address which now they can send emails and it would show up the victim sent it and the hacker would probobly not yet caught. just think of it like this someone hacks into your computer and then from your computer send virus all over the internet. If that makes since

lil400exman
01-23-2003, 07:21 AM
well linux is immune to over 90% percent of virusus so they make em on there so there computers are safe...........they also have a windows they try it on to see if it worksand linux is the only operrating system that can handle the program they use to make a virus................................i know this after i got a imac everyone asks if i am a hacker:rolleyes: sorry nausty also did you sell your bike? the reason i didnt go through is i bought a 250r...................

JLanphear
01-23-2003, 08:09 AM
Come on Nausty...use your resources....

Username Motoxracer24
Posts 1 (0.92% of total posts.)
E-Mail: motoxracer24@hotmail.com
Site: http://groups.msn.com/tylersmx
Aim: RasRac9
MSN: motoxracer24@hotmail.com

JLanphear
01-23-2003, 08:13 AM
Sorry...I forgot the most important part...

That would mean that it is forum member QuAdRaCeR244 on here.

tants
01-23-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
Sorry...I forgot the most important part...

That would mean that it is forum member QuAdRaCeR244 on here.

:eek:

Jay300ex
01-23-2003, 01:30 PM
Well just so you guys know there is a new virus thats going around that if you get infected it searches up every adress book on you computer and sends the virus to everyone on it. My uncle told me this after I got it from my mom opening an email. Good luck guys!

Jay

86atc250r
01-23-2003, 01:44 PM
Chill out boys.

Many virui scan the infected person's address book, and automatically mail themselves out with a *different* person's "From" address as to mask the real sender (so it's more difficult for you to notify the infected party & so as to produce confusion).

Just delete the virus and go on with life.... Don't persecute someone that's probably not involved in any way other than being in the true infected party's e-mail system.

Also, on a side note, Linux or whatever xNIX flavor you like is not "immune" to viruses - those OS's are simply not nearly as popular as WINxx OS's & are typically used by only more technical users that are likely to have the sense to not blindly execute an unknown e-mail attachment and as such, aren't targeted nearly as often by virus writers.

JLanphear
01-23-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Chill out boys.

Many virui scan the infected person's address book, and automatically mail themselves out with a *different* person's "From" address as to mask the real sender (so it's more difficult for you to notify the infected party & so as to produce confusion).

Just delete the virus and go on with life.... Don't persecute someone that's probably not involved in any way other than being in the true infected party's e-mail system.

I don't recall reading anything about anybody being persecuted...He posted an email addy that it came from and I told him who it was. I'm sure that even if he didn't send out the virus on purpose, he would appreciate knowing it got sent.

-Josh

MSL
01-23-2003, 02:20 PM

This is true it happens all the time.

Just delete the virus and go on with life....

Linux or whatever xNIX flavor you like is not "immune" to viruses - those OS's are simply not nearly as popular as WINxx OS's & are typically used by only more technical users that are likely to have the sense to not blindly execute an unknown e-mail attachment and as such, aren't targeted nearly as often by virus writers.

hackers can use any OS they have to create a virus.
macro viruses are some of the more popular one right now.

muff
01-23-2003, 02:35 PM
yeah i'm not that familliar (sp) with virsus and all of that, but i've gotten the same e-mail from people i kinda know, its always got 3 files, ones a music file, ones message.txt and the other i can't remember, i tried to open the files themselves but it wouldnt work, i'm kinda glad actually, I got it from eastcoastatv and others seems kind of weird

Nausty
01-24-2003, 06:56 PM
thanks guys, i'm just gonna forget about and I doubt it was really quadracer seeing hes pry 12 years old and its not like I can do anything about it anyways seeing I don't know where he lives and if it was really him. Just kinda ticks me that someone would want mess up somone elses computer when they don't know the person.