PDA

View Full Version : So.......

hypersnyper6947
02-02-2010, 06:17 PM
So what do you do when all your riding buddies sell there quads :ermm: . I have a built quad and 20 ft trailer and no one to ride with. Im tossing around the idea of selling mine too or parting it out, I really dont want to. I love my quad and love riding just dont have much time or anyone to ride with WTF. This is a sucky feeling, what do you guys think.

CJM
02-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Post in where to ride forum and find someone to go with.

honda01400ex
02-02-2010, 06:37 PM
make a good youtube vid of your bike and post in the description that you are starting a riding group..thats what i did and i got atleast 100 guys to ride with !!

bigbad400
02-02-2010, 06:39 PM
yea that wont make me sell mine. ill find some new riding buddys. just ask around see who lives near you and ask if they want to get together for a ride. i find random people to ride with alot because new people sometimes show you new spots. im always up for an adventure.

coreyownz
02-02-2010, 06:56 PM
i feel you i had 3k in a blaster and my buddies didnt wanna ride anymore so i sold in than all asudden they were riding 24/7 weather it was pooring or a blizzard i was like wtf and bought the 400.. now they hardly ride

hypersnyper6947
02-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by honda01400ex
make a good youtube vid of your bike and post in the description that you are starting a riding group..thats what i did and i got atleast 100 guys to ride with !!

I actually responded to a guy on Craigslist that said he was trying to get some people to ride with, he already has around 10 guys he rides with. Maybe i will just meet up with them and ride.

Originally posted by coreyownz
i feel you i had 3k in a blaster and my buddies didnt wanna ride anymore so i sold in than all asudden they were riding 24/7 weather it was pooring or a blizzard i was like wtf and bought the 400.. now they hardly ride

dam that sucks,

My good all around friends that i hand out with on a regular basis are also my riding buddies. Also i feel like there is now way i will get out of my quad what i have into it.

slightlybent47
02-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Riding buddies come and go and you just have to find new ones. It’s cheaper to keep your bike and ride when you can for a few years before you sell your stuff. You may find you still want to ride and you won’t have to buy everything all over again. If you store the bike and sell it later you really won’t lose any more money then you already have.

brokenmike
02-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Iam in the same perdicament. I got 5 bikes now and still got nobody to ride with. I guess it don't help that I live in new jersey where you can buy a bike and can't ride it anywhere in the state.

Rkangel7
02-02-2010, 11:56 PM
None of my friends own quads. So, I joined a local atv club. I enjoy riding and decided to meet others who enjoy riding, too.

dman66
02-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Find new friends that are cool and like to ride quads!!!!!!!!!

Muzzgit
02-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Pay a visit to your local bike shop and ask. They should be able to introduce you to some new riding buddies.

I guess the hardest thing is finding like minded people. It would suck to go riding with a bunch of Metalica head bangers if your into Beyonce and Whitney. :D

KISSmyACE
02-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
So what do you do when all your riding buddies sell there quads :ermm: . I have a built quad and 20 ft trailer and no one to ride with. Im tossing around the idea of selling mine too or parting it out, I really dont want to. I love my quad and love riding just dont have much time or anyone to ride with WTF. This is a sucky feeling, what do you guys think.

I'm not far from you at all and I ride 2-3 times a week. I should be at the MX track tomorrow and Croom in Brooksville on Sunday.

We have a group of over a hundred guys on a forum that are all local, they set up ride meets and post them online for you to see where they'll be at. You should join, tell them Sara sent you

www.tampabayridindirty.com

KISSmyACE
02-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Muzzgit
Pay a visit to your local bike shop and ask. They should be able to introduce you to some new riding buddies.

I guess the hardest thing is finding like minded people. It would suck to go riding with a bunch of Metalica head bangers if your into Beyonce and Whitney. :D

most people that ride are like minded. once you have something that big in common, that you're both passionate about, who cares what music ya listen to!! it's ride out time... braaaap!!!

Muzzgit
02-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Yeah I hear ya, but sometimes you end up spending a whole weekend with people, that's when you really find out what they're all about.

But yeah, any riding is better than no riding, which is what I'm doing now cause my 2nd and 3rd gear plus shift drum etc; are all stuffed :(
Now just trying to figure out if it is worth spending tha money or upgrade to a rappy 700 or something. I wish honda made a decent big bike.

Anyhoo, get out there and get riding while you can.

moddedblaster20
02-05-2010, 07:33 PM
yeah it sucks. especially in NJ, theres no body to ride with let alone anywhere to ride, everything is illegal anymore

xxx700xxx
02-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Muzzgit
Yeah I hear ya, but sometimes you end up spending a whole weekend with people, that's when you really find out what they're all about.

But yeah, any riding is better than no riding, which is what I'm doing now cause my 2nd and 3rd gear plus shift drum etc; are all stuffed :(
Now just trying to figure out if it is worth spending tha money or upgrade to a rappy 700 or something. I wish honda made a decent big bike.

Anyhoo, get out there and get riding while you can.

i got a 400ex and a 700xx honda does make a ''decent big bike'' u should give it a shot i try to ride em 50/50 but end up on the 700 bout 75% of the time ull also find it enjoyable to switch from the sra to the irs

honda400ex2003
02-25-2010, 04:07 PM
I think it is better to ride by yourself sometimes. you can control how you ride and where you ride when by yourself. it is a lot of work to ride with a group. especially if you are doing all of the planning and such. I really enjoy both but I would never sell a machine just because i have no one to ride with. steve

liex21
02-25-2010, 04:38 PM
sell the trailer and get a smaller one put some money in your pocket and find some new buddys to go with every time i go to a track i always end up meeting new people

MidnightBlade
02-25-2010, 04:59 PM
its nice to have someoe to ride with that has some knowledge of motors as well as you that way if you get stuck or break down you have a mechanically minded person there all my riding buds are mechanically inclined but two are just plain retards when it comes to common sense

Muzzgit
02-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
I think it is better to ride by yourself sometimes.

What happens if you have an accident while you're out by yourself? It's easy to be 20 miles in any direction and no one knows where you are!

honda400ex2003
02-26-2010, 08:58 AM
well i hope that doesnt happen since i am not going to ride as fast and will ride much more cautious when i am by myself. I am not at all worried about me, it is the loonytoon coming at me that i am worried about going too fast for the trail conditions and not in control. there is always the worry though, I carry a pack with me in the winter with a first aid kit and such in it also. blanket, hatchet, leatherman, knife, striker, and the kit. I guess you can only be so ready, it is happened to me before. some half loaded idiot going to fast at night plowed into me once. came up over a hill with a corner, locked up his track and slid the back of his sled right into mine. What the manufactures need to do is keep putting those big motors in for more power.:macho that way people can hit stuff going faster. :eek2: bingo, population control baby.

sorry, i have some problems with people who ride like they are on a nascar track on trials that are narrow and curvy. no need for it.

steve

Ruby Soho
02-26-2010, 09:32 AM
if you decided to part it you would make your money back.. i made all mine back and then some. ontop of what i paid for it

hypersnyper6947
02-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
if you decided to part it you would make your money back.. i made all mine back and then some. ontop of what i paid for it

I dunno i would assume, i have A LOT of aftermarket parts lol

PS: Since my buddies have not been able to sell there's yet we will be riding and camping for my B-Day at croom on march 6 , hellz yea im excited :D

KISSmyACE
02-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
I dunno i would assume, i have A LOT of aftermarket parts lol

PS: Since my buddies have not been able to sell there's yet we will be riding and camping for my B-Day at croom on march 6 , hellz yea im excited :D

Happy Birthday! mine's on the 5th. Wont be at croom though.
Check out TampaBayRidinDirty.com those guys have some people out there every weekend.

hypersnyper6947
03-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by KISSmyACE
Happy Birthday! mine's on the 5th. Wont be at croom though.
Check out TampaBayRidinDirty.com those guys have some people out there every weekend.

Nice, mine is on the 5th too we were just going riding on the 6th. My dads is march 5th too and my cousin lol