View Full Version : a arm questions

CODY_M11
02-02-2010, 06:01 PM
ok so its income tax time and i need new arms. i was looking a t burgard arms cause they look the cheapest. the questin i have is
1- what is the difference between long travel arms and extended arms?
2- what does the 1 mean in the arm length. . . . ex. +3 +1
3- what is a good length arm for all around riding?
4- how long of shocks do i need for these arms? ex. +1 +1 = shock length? all 3 of them pls +1 +1, +2 +1, +3 +1?

sorry bout all the newb questions ive never messed with after market arms. also what other affordable arm companys are out there? i have already decided to get a ESR 310 kit with there pipe and air box eliminator kit. just trying to decide on a offordable suspension upgrade.

CODY_M11
02-02-2010, 06:10 PM
also what plastic companys and nerf bar companys are there?

smokinwrench
02-02-2010, 07:45 PM
I have the esr 310 its a good topend.

I bought asr a arms and they seem really good lifetime warranty and the guy is really good to work with answers all your questions very well. Mine are +2 +1 long travel.

+2 is the width added per side
+1 is the length it moves the a arms forward adding wheel base

I think now I would buy +2 +1 standard travel. Just because you can buy stock lenght aftermarket shocks way cheaper then long travel shocks. I'm pushing 40 and my racing days are limited as far as mx so I don't need as plush of suspension these days. If you can afford it buy the best of everything.

f4istunna
02-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Difference between long travel and standard travel is the length of shock used. standard travel uses stock length shock usually around 16" or so. Long travel shocks are 18-19" ballpark.

Extended means wider. for example +2 +1 a arms would be + 2" in width and +1" forward.

Check out the classifieds here or ebay im sure you can find a nice used set and save yourself some money. You can use 400ex a arms also just need to put washers in between mounting bolts.