PDA

View Full Version : okayy boys... i need your help

FoXgIrL
02-02-2010, 05:50 PM
so i am looking for "good shocks" for my phoenix that arent $900 and i really want a canister but cant find one that will adapt to my wheeler.... i figured that one of you would be able to help me:) any ideas???

SRH
02-02-2010, 05:58 PM
some used yfz shocks could probably be made to work...works performance had at steelers with resvoirs for like $350-400 but if you can get yfz shocks to work your much better off...yfz shocks are liek 16" so ud have to measure to match up

Smoker
02-02-2010, 06:24 PM
The front end looks suspiciously similiar to a Yamaha Blaster, and they both have around 7 inches of travel. Lift the front end of your quad up and measure the shock from the center of the bolt on one end to the center of the bolt on the other end (eye to eye). I'm guessing it will be around 14 1/4 inches long, if so the Blaster shocks will be the ticket. There are a few different aftermarket sets for the Blaster on E-bay right now, include some piggyback Elka's. Your smart for spending the money on shocks, in my opinion it's one of the best investments to make you a faster, safer rider, not to mention you won't get beat up so much. The next mods would be a pipe and steering stabilizer and your Phoenix will be a whole new machine to you. Good luck sweetie!

beastlywarrior
02-02-2010, 06:56 PM
actually look into banshee shocks they will work if blaster ones do and their way better

BLU82
02-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Am I right thinking that by canister you mean a slip on exhaust system? Or do you mean your looking for piggyback shocks:confused:

Tommy Warren
02-02-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm quessing cannister.....like a pipe:ermm:

416exfreak
02-03-2010, 08:40 AM
I dont think anyone makes a "Phoenix" specific exhaust, but I am almost positive you could get a measurement on the mid pipe (the one that goes between the engine and the "canister" and then do a little research, find a pipe with the right ID that will slip over your mid-pipe and then all you would need to do is make a bracket so it could mount up and be sturdy.

The phoenix was never a very popular quad, and the aftermarket for them is non-existant, but parts from other quads can be adapted to work for it, it will just take some time and patience.

hondariderdylan
02-03-2010, 10:42 AM
fmf makes a universal powercore 4, that might fit, not sure