PDA

View Full Version : shocks

TSI2FLY1991
02-02-2010, 05:01 PM
I was getting ready to do shocks on a apex but im not sure to get moto woz or the fox shox any info would be a great help

dcarter
02-16-2010, 01:37 AM
a lot depends on what type of riding you are doing. If you want a shock that is really tunable then go with the moto woz they are more than the fox's but they are really adjustable for different tracks. now if you are looking to save weight then the foalts are the way to go. a lot depends on what you want to do. hope this muddies the water a little. dave

marsrace2
02-16-2010, 09:36 AM
In your opinion for a TT Quad would you spend the money to have Motowoz build shocks or just get the Elka TT shocks?

raidernut
02-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by dcarter
a lot depends on what type of riding you are doing. If you want a shock that is really tunable then go with the moto woz they are more than the fox's but they are really adjustable for different tracks. now if you are looking to save weight then the foalts are the way to go. a lot depends on what you want to do. hope this muddies the water a little. dave

What other adjustments do the motowoz have besides Fox's Compression, Rebound, High Speed, and Low speed adjustments?

jandjracing
02-21-2010, 09:47 AM
I am not very familiar with the Fox's adjustments, but the Motowoz also have infinate adjustability of preload and cross over rings. All of the adjustments are done while on the bike with no dissassembly required and make HUGE differences in behavior when "clicked" once or twice. We have used Motowoz on all of our quads for over 4 years. In my opinion, you will not find another shock that is delivered to you right on the money for your style of riding.