PDA

View Full Version : play bike upgrade questions

EricB
01-22-2003, 09:28 PM
hey alright so now i know for MX you wanna do suspension, same with XC too right? well i don't race my bike at all, all i do is play heh. my only complaint about the bike is that it doesn't have enough power. but also sometimes the shocks piss me off about bottoming out and fading. i ride pretty hard most of the time and i'm a big guy so the suspension really doesn't like me. i'm on a pretty limited budget so it's hard to buy stuff sometimes. but what do you guys think i should get first? i'm thinking exhaust and a K&N or a UNI or some other filter. but after that should i start in on my motor work or shocks? i think i'm going to keep the bike stock width, i might go with like +1 a-arms eventually and a wider axel but i'm not sure.

what kind of shocks are a pretty good upgrade from stock that aren't 800 dollars? i don't really need like elka tripple rates or anything although i would like em hehe.

for the motor i'm thinking a 416 kit with a pretty 'hot cam' depending on what cam i decide on getting hardfaced rockers and springs. should i worry about larger valves? i'll get the head ported and stuff. i don't know what carb though my friend has 2 39mm FCRs i think on his banshee that he's going to change out eventually, could i snag one of those? i don't know if 2stroke and 4stroke carbs are differnt. but what would be a good carb to match with this? i was thinking about the 39mm FCR anyhow.

sorry i posted this in the open forum because i asked about everything hehe.

MILF_HUNTER
01-22-2003, 09:47 PM
id recomend doin some suspension work. This might come as a suprise but check out www.ebay.com and type in 400ex or 250r. go to the highest price first option on the second page and then scroll down. tones off good deals to be had for suspension. i once seen a leagers pro-trax front end go for 600 bucks minus the spindles!!