PDA

View Full Version : well i picked up a blaster today.

backwoodsracer
02-02-2010, 10:48 AM
i picked up an early 90's blaster today, for $200 It was reacked so the fron left arm is toast and the front of the frame is bent a little . They tired fixing it so they cut some of the bottom of the frame. Im not sure if the frame is fixable or not will try to get pic's up soon,

The good: motor apparentley runs so ill try and get it running. They said it was a 250 and bored .50 over to a 300, but im assuming since it is a .200cc stock its a 250 now . Came with a super trap slip on . the backend is still good . good tires the right a-arm is goood and shocks are good

The bad: the frame as stated need new left a-arm .

any one have parts or anything for cheap? I am very very very short on money . any ideas ?

so what do yall think?

fastredrider44
02-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Blaster parts are a dime a dozen. Also it is a blaster, so don't be afraid to have someone that knows what they're doing weld up the frame. If it doesn't hold, then no big loss, find another frame.

SRH
02-02-2010, 11:23 AM
i have everything you need to fix it, $125 for a frame and $35 for a lower left a arm pm me if interested

backwoodsracer
02-02-2010, 01:48 PM
pic 1

backwoodsracer
02-02-2010, 01:49 PM
pic 2

backwoodsracer
02-02-2010, 01:52 PM
pic 3

02-02-2010, 02:29 PM
lol bored .050 over doesn't mean 50cc.. that just means it's more or less around 204cc or something.

And no one "bores them out" to a 250. The only kits available are 240's and a 3mm stroker crank is required to make a true 250.

Tommy Warren
02-02-2010, 03:42 PM
sounds like an expensive project....and don't forget once you put all this money into it...its still gonna be a blaster:confused:

backwoodsracer
02-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
lol bored .050 over doesn't mean 50cc.. that just means it's more or less around 204cc or something.

And no one "bores them out" to a 250. The only kits available are 240's and a 3mm stroker crank is required to make a true 250.

i gotcha yeah all he told me was it was bored to a 250, but hes a buddy of mine and i know he dosnt know to much about him.

backwoodsracer
02-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
sounds like an expensive project....and don't forget once you put all this money into it...its still gonna be a blaster:confused:

HEY hey hey since when a has "CUSTOM" fab been expensive? all i really have to buy and upper a-arm and a bunch of bolts

Tommy Warren
02-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by backwoodsracer
HEY hey hey since when a has "CUSTOM" fab been expensive? all i really have to buy and upper a-arm and a bunch of bolts

that you know of...what if the motor doesn't run? you said it runs good then you said you have to get it running...which is it?;)

250x_kyle
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
i really wouldnt risk it with that frame search around craigslist or something and find a frame for cheap. a major frame rail like that being replaces could break very easily without proper welding and bracing. and even when done properly could still break if you air it out enough.

SRH
02-02-2010, 05:42 PM
i def wouldnt attempt cobbing that back together, you go to sell and someone sees that there not going to give you $500 for it a frame would definetely pay for itself in the end, either way...my camera battery died befor ei could get pics of some others if your serious let me know and i can get everything gathered up i have several other frames soill make sure you get good stuff...

heres the pic i got of one of the frames

Smoker
02-02-2010, 06:11 PM
It's just going to a Blaster in the end but it will be afun project bike. I loved mine when I had one twenty years ago and the 240 kits look like they rip. Yeah, it's money spent on a Blaster but just have fun with it. I've thought about picking one up to tear around on but it probably won't move so well since I've put 60 lbs since I owned plus I already have too many projects.

chucked
02-02-2010, 07:01 PM
you find the volume of a cylinder using 3.1415 *(half the bore squared) * (stroke)
so its 3.1415 *(33.625^2)*(57) so its like a 202.4

Tommy Warren
02-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by chucked
you find the volume of a cylinder using 3.1415 *(half the bore squared) * (stroke)
so its 3.1415 *(33.625^2)*(57) so its like a 202.4

yyyeeeaaahhh............ what he said :huh

multiply that by 687.69 and divide by .9840 and you will get the price of eggs in china:D which is $1.398

KXRida
02-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i def wouldnt attempt cobbing that back together, you go to sell and someone sees that there not going to give you $500 for it a frame would definetely pay for itself in the end, either way...my camera battery died befor ei could get pics of some others if your serious let me know and i can get everything gathered up i have several other frames soill make sure you get good stuff...

that would be your best bet. With the frame in it's current condition, I would just ditch it and start with the one above. Ebay will be your friend as far as finding parts cheap as well. Lots of parts for them.

chucked
02-02-2010, 09:31 PM
yyyeeeaaahhh............ what he said :huh

multiply that by 687.69 and divide by .9840 and you will get the price of eggs in china:D which is $1.398

That's how its done!

backwoodsracer
02-03-2010, 07:48 AM
that you know of...what if the motor doesn't run? you said it runs good then you said you have to get it running...which is it?;)

it runs great at that point i hadnt got it to idle in the late hours of last night i had it running thru the gears she sounds good. but i want it on all fours not just 3 wheels :( :( :(

maybe Ill post a video of it well see

backwoodsracer
02-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by SRH

KEEP in mind guys i have no money currentley at all i just spent all i had on this sucker But she runs good from what i can see. How much for the frame?

250x_kyle
02-03-2010, 03:55 PM
frames are not something to fool around with the way that one is. its more then likely never going to be strait again, and is just a hazard to you.

SRH
02-03-2010, 04:31 PM
$125 for the frame 25 for upper arm 35 for lower arm if you need them plus shipping

backwoodsracer
02-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by SRH
$125 for the frame 25 for upper arm 35 for lower arm if you need them plus shipping

ok i gotcha $150 i have ther lower a-arm is in surprisingly good condition

and yeah my frame is FU**ED!!! i was riding it around on 3 wheeles and sat it up the frame is crooked all the way to the motor. I think were just gonna weld it up being a hazard i know! but just for the time being until i get some money

Exrider434
02-03-2010, 09:55 PM
KEEP in mind guys i have no money currentley at all i just spent all i had on this sucker But she runs good from what i can see. How much for the frame?

Just curious as to why you would spend all your money on something that will have no resale value without spending more money?

250x_kyle
02-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Exrider434
Just curious as to why you would spend all your money on something that will have no resale value without spending more money?

thats sort of a false statement. he could part it out and make more off of it then what he paid for it.

bradley300
02-04-2010, 10:30 AM
could could easily have no more than about 750 on it and have a running, fun quad. not a bad deal in my book. he could sell it whole for what he has in it, cant say that about many quads old or new

i raced a blaster for quite a while, did 2 new frame up rebuilds, pm if you have any questions

backwoodsracer
02-05-2010, 07:08 AM

well thats the great thing about it im not.... $150 isnt a lot

i just picked up a full rolling chassis last night for $180

so now all i have to do is swap some parts and a motor and paint it. :)

dosnt sound like to much to me...

Exrider434
02-05-2010, 07:16 AM

idk the way you said it made it sound like you spent every last penny you had on it, but thats goood, goood luck!

chucked
02-05-2010, 07:18 AM
idk the way you said it made it sound like you spent every last penny you had on it, but thats goood, goood luck!

He may have, but he will get more eventually. I just bought an old quad for restoring that used up all my money. But I will make more!!

SRH
02-05-2010, 10:29 AM

haha post some pics