PDA

View Full Version : 90 mod questions.

Dylan227
02-02-2010, 09:15 AM
I am settung up a 90 mod as we speak and I need some help. I am using an 98 blater frame with all the suspension goodies a-arms,axle shocks bumperetc.... I am stick a bored out yz 80 motor that is bored to a 90 excat.I was wondering do I have to change the sproket ratio or make the 428 front a 520? I need some help. So Do I have to Change the sproket sizes and turn It into a 428 or change them and run 520 or what?Also I know we have to have brackets for the motor to fit and weve alrteady gotten them. I also have an fmf full exhaust but I was wonderin what Kind of changes do I have to do that. Will it fit like it is?Another is Whate model air filter and pre filter can I hook right up to the 80 carb? Thank you:)

dcarter
02-03-2010, 04:02 AM
okay as far as the sprockets, i would run the 428 chain that is what we ran on our mods. never had a problem, hetrick has them and sprockets to. since the pipe was made for a birt bike you may have to mod. it a little. Try not to take any material out as these were designed to work just like they are. if you have to cut something and rotate it that will be okay. we always ran a bolt on pod filter with no air box. you can get them from michell at hetrick's as well. when i say not to take any material out if you have to make abend in the stinger to go out of the frame, make several small slices on the inside of the bend but do not cutt all the way through, them bend the pipe to the shape you need and tig weld it back together, do not mig it as you will put to much material on the inside of the pipe and that will restrict the air flow. just a few thoughts dave

Dylan227
02-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Thank you so much.. What model pod filter do you run? and we might not have to bend the pipe we might make brackets:D