View Full Version : pipe question

novacain44
02-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Do they make a performance pipe that is as quiet or quieter than a stock pipe of so how much does it really help performance and is it worth switching out
We can ride around the neaghberhood so i dont want to get a loud pipe and piss the nraghbers off then i would have the fuzz getting a little close to my shaft

slightlybent47
02-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Adding a pipe will be the most expensive mod that yields a low increase in hp. Most people think louder is faster but that’s not true at all. They do make a quiet core pipe that supposed to be very quiet. But again without other mods to go with it, such as rejetting, taking the air lid off, cam, sparks key, and so on. A pipe really only helps a build motor and does not help a stock motor much.

novacain44
02-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Ok not gonna do a pipe then thanks

bkelley
02-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Well, what have you done to your EX so far? Maybe a pipe will yield you some results. The HMF and Lexx pipes with the quiet cores installed aren't too loud at all. Relatively, of course.

HY400EX
02-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by novacain44
Do they make a performance pipe that is as quiet or quieter than a stock pipe of so how much does it really help performance and is it worth switching out
We can ride around the neaghberhood so i dont want to get a loud pipe and piss the nraghbers off then i would have the fuzz getting a little close to my shaft

Just ride it the way it is and be happy. An aftermarket pipe will cost more than what it's worth.

jones711
02-03-2010, 03:38 PM
I think pro circuit makes the most quiet pipes out there.,they will give you more power in low end with out all the noise even at high rev..i run a hmf i like the noise,,but it is what ever makes you happy not everyones is built then same

slightlybent47
02-03-2010, 05:53 PM
I think he is riding on trails and around his house so a loud pipe will only get him in trouble and make the neibers start to complain. He sounded like he wanted to stay covert so he can ride without disturbing anyone. I think his a nice guy and is thinking of others as well. That’s a welcome site to see if you ask me.;) ;) ;)

jones711
02-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Your right:D

novacain44
02-04-2010, 04:12 PM
UM I DONT GET IT

slightlybent47
02-04-2010, 04:26 PM
If you just want a little more power and keep the stock pipe then a timing key might be in order and take the lid off the intake, (that is if you’re not riding in mud) but running with the cover off will mean mandatory cleaning every time you ride. If you’re just looking for some low end drop one tooth on the rear sprocket.
The ex has way more power in it but it’s hard to get it out without the noise that goes with it.

backwoods 400ex
02-05-2010, 07:14 PM
GET A LEXX I have one and LOVE it