PDA

View Full Version : Another VS question... 250r vs 700 raptor

ballzdeep38
02-02-2010, 07:46 AM
hey guys here it goes again. a buddy of mine at work is going to meet up with me in glamis and wants to race up oldsmobile hill. nothing riding on it just for fun. just curious how i will match up. from what i understand his 700 has a power commander, pipe, haulers, and maybe a filter. pretty basic setup i guess. not sure how good a rider he is, but he has been riding for alot of years. he also weighs about 210-220lbs. my R has the mods in the signiture and also will be running worn cheng shin "check shaped" paddles and some dune runners up front. i also weight about 150 lbs. and have been riding for alot of years as well. it seems like he is going to pull on me, but how close or far off do you think it will be?

Honda 250r 001
02-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by ballzdeep38
hey guys here it goes again. a buddy of mine at work is going to meet up with me in glamis and wants to race up oldsmobile hill. nothing riding on it just for fun. just curious how i will match up. from what i understand his 700 has a power commander, pipe, haulers, and maybe a filter. pretty basic setup i guess. not sure how good a rider he is, but he has been riding for alot of years. he also weighs about 210-220lbs. my R has the mods in the signiture and also will be running worn cheng shin "check shaped" paddles and some dune runners up front. i also weight about 150 lbs. and have been riding for alot of years as well. it seems like he is going to pull on me, but how close or far off do you think it will be?

I assume you are running stock cylinder no porting? Ya, i hate to tell ya, but he will pull ya.

86 Quad R
02-02-2010, 08:20 AM
yup! unless you have some goed porting and a generous carb/intake to feed it, he will pull ya.

ballzdeep38
02-02-2010, 09:53 AM
yup stock porting, reeds and carb. I figured i would be on the losing end. i was just curious if it would be somewhat close or a blowout.

atvmxr
02-02-2010, 10:06 AM
unless he has a longer swinger, you should be able to get a good jump on him at the start. and the 70 lbs less rider weight plus 50 or so pounds difference in the quads weight. it could be a pretty good race... till 4th gear or so :)

02-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Sounds like he's got better paddles than you. I bet he walks ya pretty good. I doubt it'll even be a race. Let us know how it goes.

mcboomport
02-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Do a search for this on the thread, I had a bit of an explanation about a year ago. Sorry man, you'll be blown away. and as far as out of the hole, he will toast you, and you won't be able to catch him. Your weight is a big advantage, but its not gonna be enough.

1promodfan
02-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by mcboomport
Do a search for this on the thread, I had a bit of an explanation about a year ago. Sorry man, you'll be blown away. and as far as out of the hole, he will toast you, and you won't be able to catch him. Your weight is a big advantage, but its not gonna be enough.

Well said^^^^^^^^^I raced a 700 Craptor and he really pulled me. He was lighter than me and also the track was really slick so he had an advantage. But, I hate to say it, but only thing your gonna see is his grab bar. I've got a 310 cylinder on mine, and even though I didn't have the upgrades I have now, he still got me pretty good.

mohler
02-04-2010, 05:29 PM
^^^^^how is 700raptor lighter then a 250r i got both and the raptor is like atleat 80lbs more

atv fan 28
02-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by mohler
^^^^^how is 700raptor lighter then a 250r i got both and the raptor is like atleat 80lbs more i think he meant his body weight.