PDA

View Full Version : car help!

fasterblaster09
02-02-2010, 06:45 AM
Well I bought this P.O.S. car a couple days ago. Its a 92 integra, and when I first got it home I left the key on, so battery died. Then when I jump started it started fine. I didn't leave it run I just moved it 10 feet and killed it, then I started it again and it started, I guess that drained the battery. So I try to jump it last night and I couldnt see so I accidentally put the negative on positive and vice versa (on the integra, the one im jumping), and it obviously did nothing. Now, NOTHING happens when I turn my key at all. not lights, nothing. Not even when I try to jump it the right way :confused: :confused:

fast426
02-02-2010, 07:27 AM
It probably fried the battery, and could have fried the computer as well. The only way to know is to replace the battery first and see if that works.

fasterblaster09
02-02-2010, 09:02 AM
If the battery was fried? wouldnt the lights at least come on when I try to jump start it now?

fast426
02-02-2010, 10:16 AM
If you google "crossed wires jumpstarting car" you will get a ton of people who have done it. It sounds like it could be as simple as frying the battery. It also could have fried the whole ecu, and possibly messed up the alternator if you hook the jumper up to the actual cables and not the battery posts the lights should come on in theory.

fastredrider44
02-02-2010, 10:25 AM
I jumpstarted my s10 the right way one time, but as soon as I jerked the cables off the truck died. What happened was it put such a load on the alternator that it jumped voltage and fried the computer. Costly little mistake, so when you jump a modern vehicle, leave the cables on for 2-3 mins before pulling them off after it starts.:chinese:

fasterblaster09
02-03-2010, 12:33 PM
It was a big fuse lol. Got rid of car last night, when we were on way to notary, the shifting rod (whatever its called) bolt came off and it wouldnt shift, but he still wanted it. so all is well, thanks