PDA

View Full Version : lt250r

Dobber
02-01-2010, 09:03 PM
hey guys..i got offered a 1991 lt250r on trade for my banshee..i dont know anything about these things at all and i was wondering if you guys could tell me some of the pros and cons of them..and how do the handle compared to a 400ex?thanks

honda400ex2003
02-01-2010, 09:18 PM
i guess compared to my 416 i wasnt too impressed with my buddies lt that he has. i whooped him in straight line drags, through the woods, and in sand pits climbing. it didnt handle as good as my 400 either as far as i was concerned. I thought it felt really heavy in the front and handled as such. just my opinion though. steve

Dobber
02-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Alright..thanks steve..I'm guessin I woldnt be to impressed with it then compared to my 440..anythings gotta be better than this shee thought..it just doesn't fit my riding style..any other opinions guys?

honda400ex2003
02-01-2010, 09:42 PM
i suppose that if you dont like your banshee you wouldnt like this one either. his was geared down he said and it just didnt have the torque. it had the rear wheel spinning no traction crap even with the razrs he had on it. it was just not balanced enough for me to like it at all. even to wheelie it was hard. comparing it to the banshee, it was not nearly as fast but did handle better than one. other than that it is a step up from a banshee in some respects and a step down from a 400 as far as i am concerned. steve

Dobber
02-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks again Steve..it sounds like the search for another 400 or Honda 250r is gonna continue

honda400ex2003
02-01-2010, 09:53 PM
that was just my view on it. i would like to hear from some other guys too just to see what they think about them. oh no prob on the opinion i hope i helped you out some and didnt say the same things again. i was talking mainly against a banshee in the second one. but it may have sounded about the same lol. lol. lol steve

Dobber
02-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Yea..I'd like to hear some others thoughts on it too..I've kinda had my heart set on getting a Honda 250r for awhile now though..and on the banshee..I love all the power it's got..it's great for open areas and drags but I mostly ride tight woods trails and it doesn't handle as well as I would like it to in those areas..if I lived somewhere where I could ride dunes I would probably love it lol

SRH
02-01-2010, 10:43 PM
the lt 250rs arent bad quads if you like them... just keep up on the maintence with them...once one things worn it will snowball into your best friend talking you off the ledge of a tall building

haha but seriously if your just looking for a 250 2 stroke and dont have some intrest in the lt 250r sell it before you start breaking stuff parts arent as easy to come by, i think in the motor department there a bit better than the honda but there is alot of nice kits for the honda to compensate, i say sell it and put the money towards a recently built 250r

400exrider707
02-01-2010, 11:26 PM
They're fun for flat tracking and oval stuff, but they're terrible in the air. My buddy had a 92 that I put quite a bit of seat time on. It was fun, but I wouldn't spend any money on one personally. It handled better than my banshee did IMO. My buddy sold his LT250 a while back and had bought the 500 shortly after, now that was a beastly ride.

woodsracer144
02-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Dobber
hey guys..i got offered a 1991 lt250r on trade for my banshee..i dont know anything about these things at all and i was wondering if you guys could tell me some of the pros and cons of them..and how do the handle compared to a 400ex?thanks

what part of WI are you in? im by Eau CLaire...

Whats all done to your shee? its a tough call... the 91 had the newer stly linkage... that was better then the earlier yeared ones... IMO i think this site is more pro honda... cause of the name, it was ment for 400ex riders...

i think i would prolly keep the shee unless it was totally beat cause i know you can do a ***** load of work to those motors and stuff like that...

Dobber
02-03-2010, 03:03 PM
im in Richland Center..its about and hour west of madison.

The shee is bored .40 over..has fmf fattys vforce3 reeds

woodsracer144
02-03-2010, 04:09 PM
oh, i thought you were north of me... haha!