PDA

View Full Version : is 800 to much?

78250r
02-01-2010, 06:06 PM
hey i found a deal on basically a roller with a motor for 800 motor is 88 style frame is 87 has front end and steering stem a arms and such what do you think?

slamdak8782
02-01-2010, 11:51 PM
I think its pretty good and you can add some stuff to make it better. Really anymore for 3500 you can get a really nice R so I wouldnt spend more than that unless it was exceptional. But 800 you got a lot of room there.

destey
02-02-2010, 06:28 AM
hard to say. Is the frame rusted/dinged/welded? Aftermarket a-arms and shocks?

I paid $1300 for mine, it came with

86 frame
motor with vforce reeds, decked head, fmf pipe, new piston
+2 axle
+2 a-arms
nerf bars
itp holeshot tires front/rear
aftermarket stem/hbars not sure who

It needed plastic, the plastic that was on there was badly cracked and repaired. It also needed an electrical system. Upon trying to replace my stator, i f'd up the crank bearings getting the flywheel off so I tore the engine completely apart and replaced all the bearings and seals. Then i tore the chassis all apart and replaced every seal, bearing and fastener. Powdercoated a bunch of stuff. Still putting it back together

Without knowing more I'd say its a great place to start. almost any machine is going to need to be gone through, so may as well not invest a ton in the initial purchase. The money you saved you can spend on bearings and seals!