PDA

View Full Version : anywhere to ride around central NJ?

moddedblaster20
02-01-2010, 05:25 PM
any good trails/pits in the central jersey area? looking for somewhere legal to ride, dont feel liek being chased or anything like that.i know thats alot to ask for in this state! thanks

CJM
02-02-2010, 12:52 PM
I live in central nj in freehold (1/2 hour from point pleasant and sea side), there is only the track at englishtown and i cant recall if the old in old bridge closed up. They closed the offroad park in little egg harbor. Otherwise not any other spots i know thats legal.

My friends and I only ride in 2 places, ones a sand pit off rt 70 by the parkway near brick-others in jackson and really just fire roads and sand. Those 2 places we havent been bothered and met other riders as well who tell us no one bothers anyone there

They closed paragon offroad in hazelton, they closed rausch creek MX in PA (iirc treverton) so that leaves a few odd spots in PA near us (thumper talk dot com has a map iirc), nothing legal pretty in NJ and thats it.

Im personally gearing up to ride in the coal mine section of PA this summer when my quads fixed and I repair a friends. Near centralia where a coal fires been burning for 50+ years. Said its good riding and no real issues with cops.

moddedblaster20
02-02-2010, 02:33 PM
oh ok. thanks for the info man. where do u park your truck when you go off of route 70 and brick? i just hate leaving my truck in a pit and go out riding to come bak and see its being towed or given a ticket haha

CJM
02-02-2010, 05:53 PM
We parked in the pit itself, I was borrowing a quad that day since mines laid up.

The spot is actually behind an industrial factory of some sort. I spoke to the owner like 3 weeks ago when I was just riding around and came upon it. He told me he doesnt care nor does anyone else so long as you wear a helmet.

While I was there I kept expecting the PD to show but nothing. Infact 2 different sets of guys riding bikes came, 2 guys I talked to who were sharing a blaster and a guy and his GF on blasters.

Then there was a whole bunch of dumb kids who were screwing around in trucks and even this dumbass with a blazer that sucked in water and heck there was even some idiots in an old accord flying around.

Area isnt that big, I would say overall its maybe a square mile at most. Has mostly just sand trails with tons of smaller whoops from the bikes, a huge lake, and some trails that actually lead you right out to the parkway and behind the electric company.

PM me for directions, its quite muddy and sandy so be warned you better have good tires and dont mind getting wet.

Once the weather warms up and my quads fixed I generally go like every weekend to my spots if your looking for a riding buddy.

moddedblaster20
02-02-2010, 07:26 PM
yeah me and some friends want to fidn some places to ride. heard Jackson pit is alright

CJM
02-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by moddedblaster20
yeah me and some friends want to fidn some places to ride. heard Jackson pit is alright

Never been to jackson pit so far, when the weather warms up I am game to try some places.

moddedblaster20
02-02-2010, 07:44 PM
only thing is i have heard mixed stories about there. some tell me rangers nail you others say theyve been with no problems

CJM
02-02-2010, 08:41 PM
only thing is i have heard mixed stories about there. some tell me rangers nail you others say theyve been with no problems

It depends on where your talking about, one I go to is mostly fireroads and the main road actually abuts the six flags safari

moddedblaster20
02-03-2010, 09:36 AM
yeah i guess itswhere you go. ive never been there personally

CJM
02-03-2010, 04:21 PM
yeah i guess itswhere you go. ive never been there personally

So far no one ever bothered me in the years ive been there. There are multiple ways in and out so its not such a huge deal imho.

We usually go into the trails with the trucks and park WAY in there to avoid issues anyways.

moddedblaster20
02-03-2010, 04:41 PM
true. i dont even know how to get there yet lol

CJM
02-03-2010, 07:06 PM
true. i dont even know how to get there yet lol

I have this thread subscribed, will probably post up about riding when weather warms up and quads fixed.

Sposed to snow like a foot on friday :(

Where are you in NJ anyways?

moddedblaster20
02-03-2010, 09:31 PM
few miles up route 68 from fort dix, goign towards bordentown

CJM
02-04-2010, 07:37 AM
few miles up route 68 from fort dix, goign towards bordentown

Your maybe a half hour from those trails.

moddedblaster20
02-04-2010, 10:07 AM
yeah its something like that

CJM
02-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Yea, your about 30 mins from me or so as well.

If you dont mind freezing and have someone to ride with, ill pm you the directions there. Be forewarned, when its wet its quite muddy in parts tho.

moddedblaster20
02-04-2010, 04:21 PM
yeah that would be sweet. thanks

sully55
02-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Nice to see some local activity again. I hope to see some of you guys once the weather breaks. Ride safe men

moddedblaster20
02-06-2010, 04:38 PM
yea man let me know when/where u ride

dan harris
02-14-2010, 06:51 AM
Hope to see you guys at the Breezewood Proving GRounds sometime this spring. We are a great motocross park and campground with heated/airconditioned 2 story cabins that we rent out. check out the website at www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com It will be a couple hours drive from Jersey, but well worth the trip. We get alot of Jersey riders here in the summer.

dan harris
02-14-2010, 06:54 AM
We also have a great pond for swimming with a beach area for the women and kids.

dan harris
02-14-2010, 06:59 AM
had to post a pic of our awesome 80 foot water slide into the pond. We have great Holiday Weekend events planned for the entire Summer !! Come spend your Memorial Day, July 4th or Labor Day at the Greatest Ride Party on the East Coast !!!

dan harris
02-14-2010, 07:05 AM
July fourth weekend we have our Annual Couch Racing Event !

hocman123
04-03-2010, 09:20 PM
ok man u can stop pushing ur busisness we don't ride parks we like trails and forest

CJM
04-11-2010, 05:51 PM
WARNING!!!

Do NOT go anywhere near the spot by the jackson outlets! Was riding with my buddy today and got nailed.It the first time I have ever seen a conservation officer back there!

We had been riding, I pulled a turn to fast and lost it and flipped. Regained my composure and we went along. I slowed down to check on my handlebars and this black dodge ram almost runs me and my buddy over.

Guy jumps out and screams at us to shutdown the quads, get off them-then demands the keys.

Had brought everything on a trailer so pretty much gave up getting out alive (he was on the only road out, rest of the roads were blocked by water).

After running everything he handed us two tickets each for $75 and told us to never ever ride back there again..

I been dozens of times over the years, never had an issue so be warned that they are probably cracking down!

HowellTRX
04-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Probably because of this.

http://www.app.com/article/20100410/NEWS/100410032/Man-involved-in-ATV-accident-in-Jackson-hospitalized

First off, I hope he is ok but we all know it only takes one person to start a crackdown like this again. Let's ride safe guys.

...and I wanted to ride over there today.

CJM
04-11-2010, 06:30 PM
I hope the guys ok too..

However vath road is at least 10 miles from where I was. Perhaps they sent out everyone enforce just to do clean up?

I dont think I will be going back there in a quad anytime soon, truck ill just check it out for weeks and maybe see whats up.

I did find out the opening/closing times there, 5am to 9pm.. or thats what he said.

Such as the way it goes, they dont want us to ride anywhere yet they refuse to make a offroad park..I hate this state, PA is a bit far but at least no issues and they have tons of approved areas.

HowellTRX
04-11-2010, 06:42 PM
I feel your pain :( If I remember correctly, NY and NJ are the only states who do not have designated legal riding areas. It's a shame too because the revenue possibility will far surpass the money they take in for tickets issued. I guess it's all political (and let's not forget the tree huggers)

CJM
04-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Pretty much it HowellTRX, they had chatsworth and closed it down due to lack of funding (funny where did all the funds for it go?).

I dont like tracks and thats all they have local to me besides trails which are illegal.

450rtt
11-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Probably because of this.

http://www.app.com/article/20100410/NEWS/100410032/Man-involved-in-ATV-accident-in-Jackson-hospitalized

First off, I hope he is ok but we all know it only takes one person to start a crackdown like this again. Let's ride safe guys.

...and I wanted to ride over there today.

this is exactly why you don't ride in an area that you are not allowed too. this is what hurts our sport, people going to riding spots without permission and riding illegally. CJM is a perfect example. if it's not leagal to ride there and you don't own the land or have permission, STAY OUT! it's riders like this that give a bad name for our community.

OldGuyonaQuad
11-22-2014, 09:00 PM
this is exactly why you don't ride in an area that you are not allowed too. this is what hurts our sport, people going to riding spots without permission and riding illegally. CJM is a perfect example. if it's not leagal to ride there and you don't own the land or have permission, STAY OUT! it's riders like this that give a bad name for our community.

OK so In a state that has more designated state forests then NY or PA why is there no places to ride? The state takes sales tax and registration fees to turn you quad into a lawn ornament. That's if of course you can manage to get your machine registered. They are even cracking down on riding on your own private property. Just ban the sale of them period (like they did 3 wheelers) It's not the bulk of illegal riders giving your sport a bad name it's the one or two idiots and all of the bureaucrats and tree huggers. All the while Jeep clubs and Enduros get to tear up the trails.

450rtt
11-23-2014, 06:44 AM
very true oldguy. I just always tell people if you don't have permisson on the land and you know it's not legal to ride....don't ride it. I only ride in areas that I or my friends own, if it's not there it's at an offroad park, track, or registered trail.