PDA

View Full Version : No spark need help!

camarodean1969
02-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Put a set of flexx bars on the sons quad, and cannot fit the "control" assembly on the bars. The thing with the starter button, light switch & red kill switch. I unpluged it and pulled it up thru the front of the bars, then reconnected it & tie-raped up under the front of the wheeler. Now all of a sudden the thing won't start! I kicked my brains out, pulled the plug, dripping with gas. Dried it out with compressed air, held it against the frame & had him kick it over (the electric start quit working a while ago) & i don't see no spark from the plug. Does that thing have to be mounted to the bike somewhere for it to be grounded or something? Or can i just unplug it and kill the bike with the tether cord from now on? I don't need it because the ele. start don't work, the light don't work & i can kill it buy the key or tether. Please help. He's excited to try out his new bars and the %&$#$#@ thing won't run!!!! Thanks for any info Dean!

number12
02-01-2010, 05:10 PM
I would just bypass the wiring harness. See the gforce website for instructions.

camarodean1969
02-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the info, in tracing out the wiring to do this bypass i found one of the wires to the tether switch had come apart. Put back together, first kick, fired right up!