PDA

View Full Version : Clutch basket?

K-Dub
02-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I need a new basket, I know asking whats kind is the best will get me 100 different opinions. So I wont ask that question. My question is does anyone make a basket besides Honda that comes with the gear on it, and the foam fingers in it? Ive read on here that nobody makes the foam fingers that take the shock out of the clutch. I read somewhere awile ago that Moose baskets come with the foam, cannot find where I read that now. Also When you buy a basket and you need to use the stock gear where do you get the new rivets to hold the gear on. Thanks for the help in advance.

d3ktrix
02-01-2010, 05:54 PM
My Hinson basket came with bolts to replace the old large rivets.

I had to reuse the gear and cushions.

No idea if any brands come with new cushions or not.

desratt
02-02-2010, 02:59 PM
I have searched high and low and hinson is the only one saying maybe in the future we will have cusions you may want to call them and see....

K-Dub
02-02-2010, 08:29 PM
OK thanks. Ive done some looking and the moose one was for a CRF not TRX. Barnett has them for the CRF also. Anyone know if they will interchange? Ive seen were people run the CRF clutch pack. What is everybody doing puting thier old cushions in the new basket?

d3ktrix
02-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by K-Dub
What is everybody doing puting thier old cushions in the new basket?

Yup, pretty much only option right now I think.
Mine looked fine after 3 years.

desratt
02-03-2010, 08:09 AM
i've had to replace my cushions on my 06 twice.... have to buy a whole stock basket assembly to get them..