PDA

View Full Version : tired of jetting....gott a question

snacob14
01-31-2010, 09:00 PM
ok, so my bike is now a kicker, was an estart...converted it. had a 42 pilot jet in it stock. its an 06. well, I had a 45 in it, it was having some starting issues. so I went up to a 48. now, anytime I stab the throttle, it will die. it will rev up and then on its way back down it will just quit. feels like maybe its loading up flooding and dying. Anyone have any ideas, I'm tired of trying to figure this crap out.

tflatt
02-01-2010, 02:08 PM
had the same problem and the bolts that hold the slide were lose
hope this helps

Smoker
02-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Read and learn

http://www.thumperfaq.com/jetting.htm

In my experience the changing the leak jet and needle (or position) worked out most of the bugs. Good luck!

blacknblue#2
02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
I dunno what internal mods your running. Im running an 07 and on my jetting I stuck with the stock 42 pilot. adjustable needle on the 3rd clip down, 165 main, #35 leak jet and a boysen quickshot. The quickshot aint a must but start at that jetting and you should be close. Also before you change anything do as suggested and make sure everything is tight. Even make sure all the hose clamps are tight before you change anything. An air leak in the intake can cause a headache

Smoker
02-01-2010, 08:49 PM
You can check for air leaks by spraying starting fluid around the carb and engine (make sure none gets in the air box or you'll get a false reading) while it's running, if it revs up there's a leak.