PDA

View Full Version : question?

aran1337
01-31-2010, 06:55 PM
so I got a question, my predator is making an odd sound when decelerate....
It might be normal, but i have never noticed it til today. when i get let off the gas and pull the clutch in and let it coast, it sounds like something is "winding" down as the bike is coasts to a stop. Is that a normal sound, or is something wrong.

I just changed the oil, and i have been messing with the chain trying to tighten it ( it was making a slapping noise).

Please help, hopefully its just something i noticed and it isnt a big deal.

birdman7389
01-31-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by aran1337
so I got a question, my predator is making an odd sound when decelerate....
It might be normal, but i have never noticed it til today. when i get let off the gas and pull the clutch in and let it coast, it sounds like something is "winding" down as the bike is coasts to a stop. Is that a normal sound, or is something wrong.

I just changed the oil, and i have been messing with the chain trying to tighten it ( it was making a slapping noise).

Please help, hopefully its just something i noticed and it isnt a big deal.

Mine has done that since new, it never went away with the chain loose or tight. I just stopped worrying about it....its been fine.

aran1337
02-02-2010, 08:22 PM
has anyone else had the same problem?
The weird thing is I only noticed it after changing the oil.....

dcc1089
02-02-2010, 08:43 PM
The only odd noise I have encountered on deceleration sounds like a rattle. I discovered the lower chain roller had bearings that were rough and made some noise. Other than that, most ATV/motorcycle engines with integrated transmissions make some noine on deceleration.