PDA

View Full Version : fuse

kylejansson
01-31-2010, 02:30 PM
I had 2 wires touch and trip a fuse... I was told it was a 20 amp breaker switch located before the starter cylinoid I still cant find this can someone explain to me what i'm looking for or post a picture of this please

kylejansson
02-02-2010, 10:09 PM
alright so I'm pretty sure I found the breaker switch. A bottle shaped thing (for lack of better description) that hangs with an in wire and a seperate out wire.... So I ran a hard wire thru the plug which it attaches to try and jump are skip the relay.. and I still have nothing.
A couple of days ago the two wires that are attached to my brake lever broke then touched my stem and I lost all power no on light neutral light ect... Now I cant seem to find an answer to give it power again I really am at a loss right now of what else to do

PolarisRider06
02-21-2010, 11:19 PM
dont know if you ever figured it out but off of the battery there are a few wires that are actually "fusable link" wires, if you take a test light and poke it in the fusable links you should have power in them when the key is on, whatever one doesnt have power is the "fuse" that blew. i had that happen on my 05 predator a couple years ago because i lost my key and hotwired it so i could move use it for a couple of days while i waited for my new ignition switch and accidentally grounded out my jumper to the frame and fried one of the fusable links that come off the battery. one other thing you could look at is the little black bags that have wires running through them, i cant remember whats in them but i heard if they go out then you loose power, on my 05 they are on the front of the frame under the headlights, i dont remember if there is 1 or 2 of them and you can just test them with a testlight too.

kylejansson
02-22-2010, 04:06 PM
yea I have no idea where you are saying the test light I have went thru the 2 black bags and they're good and the only thing i can think of that your talking about near the battery is the little box starter cylinoid that runs to the starter