PDA

View Full Version : Only starts in Neutral??

QuadJunkies
01-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know about the wiring modification that you have to do to let you be able to start the quad while NOT in neutral ?
Not sure if we are missing something? We cannot start it in gear .We are running the ASV
We currently have the nuetral light hooked up so that he can find nuetral easier until we can fix the wiring.
Thanks!

leager-n-ky
01-31-2010, 05:01 PM
Take the wires that were on the stock clutch lever, and twist them together.

QuadJunkies
01-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by leager-n-ky
Take the wires that were on the stock clutch lever, and twist them together.
We have never had the stock ones on.. Not sure .
We bought this quad fully un essembled. lol

born2ride14
01-31-2010, 05:51 PM
What i would do, is look for a 2-wire connector that isnt being used, and put a paper clip in each terminal so the 2 wires have contact, then try and start it in gear WITH THE CLUTCH PULLED IN

QuadJunkies
01-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks ! I guess its time to look threw box of extra wiring and service manual . Lol

Adams granddad
02-01-2010, 12:55 AM
If you're not confident I would seek the advice of a pro, the last thing you want, in the middle of a race is a paper clip connection getting wet and shorting out!
We had our electrics completely stripped back to the absolute minimum, no lighting, neutral, ignition key...... nothing!
All we have is an on/off switch a push button start and a kill switch! Nice and simple!

QuadJunkies
02-01-2010, 09:19 AM
What about your stator cdi coil ? Its not lack of confidence its lack of time as we only had one day to prep before nats . I do have to say that anything to do with wiring is one of our least favorites to do . Lol

Adams granddad
02-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Yeah all the important stuff is still there, just the crap removed. I don't like messing with electrics that's why I had it done in the shop....... Good luck!

born2ride14
02-01-2010, 03:10 PM
I should have made myself more clear. I mentioned the paper clip so they test the wires, when and if they find the two wires, they can cut them strip them and connect them

yfzster
02-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Here you go.
This should be the same,but it's a clutch instead of the brake on the grizzly.
http://www.grizzhopper.com/Start-lockout-OR.html