PDA

View Full Version : PAMX Quad racing

etondaddy
01-31-2010, 12:12 PM
The quads could not survive on there own........so we're going back with the bikes.......... good deal at least we have somewere to race......thanks Jeff. This is the e-mail I just got from Jeff

Cheese,

Here's the deal, and spread the word, ONE LAST Time, I can not ask the promoters to loose anymore money for ATV's.

PAMX will race ATV's Every Sunday Spring and State Series, Plus the Friday Night Lights GCS Championship.

Also Saturday Practice.

Now Spread the word if the ATV's Do not support us the we have no other choice than to not race ATV's and trust me I do not want to do that, Remember I raced ATV's so I understand you all.

Jeff

Cannondale12
01-31-2010, 01:42 PM
I wonder if can am will still pay contingency to the pamx quad riders

etondaddy
01-31-2010, 01:47 PM
Not sure I will find out.......

Mike Kozura

Wills77
01-31-2010, 04:51 PM
is the atv schedule done yet?

etondaddy
01-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Wills77
is the atv schedule done yet?
The way I take it there is NO atv only series......... we are back with the bikes....witch gives us all the races they have with is a ton if you look at the schedule.

Mike Kozura

XXX -rider
01-31-2010, 05:11 PM
O pamx is running again ??,,why did they cancel at Happy Ramblers..the last race of there season ? ( bike race)?

etondaddy
01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
O pamx is running again ??,,why did they cancel at Happy Ramblers..the last race of there season ? ( bike race)?
I can't realy remember....but I think they blamed on the weather. You'll have to see if there's any results from that date.....

Mike Kozura

XXX -rider
01-31-2010, 05:39 PM
weather ,..well happy raced ..I know cause we were there & placed in 3 classes;) ..we dont join pamx either ..was just thinking maybe they went under or something ,..doesnt matter much to us about pamx ..
I just know they cancelled ,remember hearing that anounement at the track etc but the track ran cause it was part of there track series etc..

nynetwo9
01-31-2010, 06:02 PM
so the atv series is done in pamx? thats a bummer.

jmc
01-31-2010, 10:40 PM
Couple Items to help you all understand more, PAMX in 2009 Did everything we could to hold a ATV only series and it just did not work a few of the rounds did not get 100 riders. So 2010 the PAMX has included the ATV's with the Bikes again in the Thor Spring Series and the Pa State Championship Series.

Thor Spring Series info:
1) 450 A Class will be Paid by the PAMX A Class Payout Chart
2) 450 A will have a Series top 5 Pay Out Bonus Starting at $500. to the Champion
3) Over $30,000. in Posted Awards by Thor alone for the Spring Series plus many, many more awards for the series top 5 champions

The FLY Racing PA State Championship
1) 450 A Class will be Paid by the PAMX A Class Payout Chart
2) 450 A will have a Series top 5 Pay Out Bonus Starting at $500. to the Champion
3) Over $30,000. will be posted in Awards by Fly Racing for the PA State Championship, plus much more awards for the series top 5 champions at the season Banquet.

Then PAMX Has the GCS Championship
1) 450 A Class wil be paid 100% Payback
2) 450A Class will have a Series top 5 Pay out Bonus Starting at $300. to the Champion and will go back 5 places.
3) over $14,000 in PAMX Bucks will be paid out for Trophy Paying classes in the GCS Championship.

Friday Night Lights
PAMX will also hold 9 Friday Night Lights GCS races for 2010 also at this time there is 2 Night Tracks and we are talking to 2 other tracks that may come on board the PAMX for even more Friday Night Lights Action. Once again 450A Class will be paid 100% Payback and valuable PAMX GCS Points.

PAMX is stronger than ever and are supporting the ATV Riders the question is with over 40 ATV racing events in 2010 will the ATV's Support us ?

We hope to see you all at the PAMX Spring series 1st Round for the ATV's will be at Roaring Knob in Markleysburg March 27 Practice and Raceday is March 28

As for the Can Am Contingency I will be contacting them to see if the will support the Spring or State Championship, I have also contacted KTM and we will be working with them also on a program.

Also XXX your question on Happy Ramblers 2009 Motorcycle Race, there was a schedule problem where PAMX scheduled Happy on one date and they scheduled the PAMX race on another date, when we found out about the mix up we could not switch the dates for District 6 had another race scheduled on the date PAMX needed and we did not want to cause any problems so we moved the race to another track. Happy is back on the 2010 Schedule with a Bike only PA State Championship event, Happy chooses not to run ATV's at there State Championship event and the PAMX abides to there wish.

Happy Ramblers does a great Job for the PAMX and we are very proud to have them as a PAMX track and will do business with them as long as they want to do business with us.

Any questions please email info@gopamx.com and for more information on PAMX Racing go to www.gopamx.com

KXRida
01-31-2010, 10:43 PM
sadly enough though the Quad turn out looks like it took the biggest hit of amateur racing. Get out there and do some races guys. Either that or I have less of a break in between my moto's and go home earlier.

etondaddy
02-01-2010, 03:30 AM
First of all welcome to the site Jeff...... thanks for clearing that up.

Mike Kozura

Wills77
02-01-2010, 03:56 PM
so whats the schedule for each of the different series/ championships for atv"s

jesseweaver
02-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
sadly enough though the Quad turn out looks like it took the biggest hit of amateur racing. Get out there and do some races guys. Either that or I have less of a break in between my moto's and go home earlier.

haha and we got no one to clear the mud off the tracks for us!

etondaddy
02-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Wills77
so whats the schedule for each of the different series/ championships for atv"s
Same as the bikes....there is no more atv series. Check out the schedule at www.gopamx.com atv's will race unless it says bikes only....

Mike Kozura

KXRida
02-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
haha and we got no one to clear the mud off the tracks for us!

loooooolll don't say that too loud...

Yon doing any PAMX this year? I think i might just do an occasional race here or there, but I'm feeling a harescramble up at a rocket. Haven't done one of those in years and think I might do some woods racing this year.

jesseweaver
02-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
loooooolll don't say that too loud...

Yon doing any PAMX this year? I think i might just do an occasional race here or there, but I'm feeling a harescramble up at a rocket. Haven't done one of those in years and think I might do some woods racing this year.

yea im thinkin i might, ill finally be 18 in march so i don't have to have my parents along. and my one friends is doing the whole series on a quad so if they're gonna be run together ill probably head to a few with him. im likin the harescramble idea lol but i really suck at trails. they run part of the mx track right? i might be decent at the rocket cause we usually ride around the trails there for fun a little at the end of the day.

KingpinsEx
02-02-2010, 05:07 PM
I ride quads in the GCS series and after looking at the schedule it looks like there are GCS races on the same days at different tracks and race one day and a race at another track the next day. Just wondering what the deal is with that?

etondaddy
02-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
I ride quads in the GCS series and after looking at the schedule it looks like there are GCS races on the same days at different tracks and race one day and a race at another track the next day. Just wondering what the deal is with that?
Yea it reminds me of the good old days of D5 seven years ago....were you had three or five choices almost every week..... and you'd have to figure out were to go to get the best points...... I was a 50 parent then and we would all lied to each other and then all show up at the same track...lol. The old D5 days the tracks had to be 100 miles apart to run on the same day...

Mike Kozura

KXRida
02-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
yea im thinkin i might, ill finally be 18 in march so i don't have to have my parents along. and my one friends is doing the whole series on a quad so if they're gonna be run together ill probably head to a few with him. im likin the harescramble idea lol but i really suck at trails. they run part of the mx track right? i might be decent at the rocket cause we usually ride around the trails there for fun a little at the end of the day.

to be honest with you I'm not sure. I'll have to stop up and talk to mark. I'm pretty sure they run all in all 4 laps with combined woods and track.

KingpinsEx
02-03-2010, 01:17 PM
If PAMX is worried about numbers why would they have races in the same series at different tracks on the same day? If anything will kill rider turnout numbers that will. I want to ride where the competition is, not with a divided class...:confused:

XXX -rider
02-04-2010, 05:31 AM
... ^ heard that !
just made our schedule,

we can run 4 different series ..& they never overlap ..can make 100% attendance in all ...would never happen with the PAMX series

KingpinsEx
02-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Sounds to me like the quads arent to blame, its the race organizers. I don't know about anyone else but in this economy I cannot afford to go to two different races in the same weekend.

Cannondale12
02-05-2010, 05:03 PM
wow just realized 2 of the spring series races are scheduled the same weekends of the atv nationals in pa....not going to be any quads there for those 2 races they need to work on the schedule alil more come on guys wake up!!!!!

Wills77
02-06-2010, 10:11 PM
is there going to be a Pro-am class? or just A

walker054
02-10-2010, 05:30 PM
there is now a 2010 atv schedule posted at www.gopamx.com