PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or do dirt bikers.....

Lquad71
01-30-2010, 11:22 PM
hate quad riders????...i swear everyone of em just wants to kill us all.....
everytime im at the track and a fast guy on a dirt bike comes along and has to roost me on purpose.

907Rider
01-31-2010, 12:04 AM
I ride both so I don't have that problem. :devil:

There is honestly no reason for either side to hate one another, its just ignorance on that person’s part.

Lquad71
01-31-2010, 12:13 AM
im where your at....
I ride dirt bikes too...i dont hav a problem with them...
It just seems like they have a problem with me...
but idk it might just be in my head

Exrider434
01-31-2010, 12:41 AM
Quit complaining, be happy you even have a track to ride on.

jesseweaver
01-31-2010, 07:22 AM
coming from a bike rider, i dont really have a problem with quads... the only time i really get pissed at quad riders is when its some 40 year old on a scrambler in jeans and work boots whos all over the track. or if it seems like they're out there going out of their way to destroy all the good ruts.

only time i intentionally roosted someone was one time a breezewood there was some trailer trash looking guy covered in tatoos who i had seen drinking all day riding a blaster around the rhythym track with no shirt on. i know he wasnt feelin too good after that

chucked
01-31-2010, 08:27 AM
Only time I see dirt bikers get pissed at quads is for screwing up the ruts

Rcrazy
01-31-2010, 09:10 AM
^ same here. The only time I've seen them get mad is when you trash there line in a corner. I'm usually the only guy on a quad at our local track so I try to be respectfull of there lines, yeah it may slow me down a little but gotta show respect to get respect. Most all the guys there think it's pretty cool that I'm out there hitting the same jumps as them on a quad. They always tell me you gotta have a couple screws loose to be hitting the same jumps we are..lol

k4f5x0r
01-31-2010, 09:22 AM
^ what he said, whenever im with the quad at the track, just try to avoid the dirtbiker's ruts... Its EXRTEMELY frustrating when some idiot comes by on a quad(when your on a dirtbike) and he rips apart the rut and you have to spend 3 laps shaping it again.

slightlybent47
01-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Look I ride both and I can’t understand why the dirt bikers don’t like the quads. So they kill some ruts, so what make a new rut. The bikers are such pussies when it come to there precious ruts. They just can’t seem to ride with out them. If a dirt bike rider tries to rust me on purpose I will go over to them and confront them about there atitude and they always back down when you get in there face about it. If the track offers a different line I will run that one on the quad and stay out of the ruts if I can, but if not then I find a line that works. The average Joe blow that rides for fun has just as much right to be on the track just as much as you do. It’s up to you to look out for them. There are always going to be riders of all skill levels on a track at any given time. The best thing to do is just stay on your line and let the faster rider find a way around you. If a rider is rusting you on porous then there an *** and I do my best to stay in there way and block them where I can, and I laugh my *** off when they start screaming for me to get out of the way, it just makes me slow down and get in there way as much as I can. Remember when you start complaining about them then you become a winner just like they are.

chucked
01-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Look I ride both and I can’t understand why the dirt bikers don’t like the quads. So they kill some ruts, so what make a new rut. The bikers are such pussies when it come to there precious ruts. They just can’t seem to ride with out them. If a dirt bike rider tries to rust me on purpose I will go over to them and confront them about there atitude and they always back down when you get in there face about it. If the track offers a different line I will run that one on the quad and stay out of the ruts if I can, but if not then I find a line that works. The average Joe blow that rides for fun has just as much right to be on the track just as much as you do. It’s up to you to look out for them. There are always going to be riders of all skill levels on a track at any given time. The best thing to do is just stay on your line and let the faster rider find a way around you. If a rider is rusting you on porous then there an *** and I do my best to stay in there way and block them where I can, and I laugh my *** off when they start screaming for me to get out of the way, it just makes me slow down and get in there way as much as I can. Remember when you start complaining about them then you become a winner just like they are.

A-holes like you are why some tracks are starting to not allow quads.

SRH
01-31-2010, 11:39 AM
during open practices i could keep with the majority of bike riders...never had an issue because im pretty sure they knew if i forced a pass on them they were going down and i was staying up:p ive never really run into that prejudice

Nick110
01-31-2010, 12:51 PM
I say F their ruts the track is just as much mine as it is theirs. so get over it.

300ex mxracer
01-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
I say F their ruts the track is just as much mine as it is theirs. so get over it.

x2. I show respect for them as long as i get it in return.

muddy400EX
01-31-2010, 01:44 PM
i hate when i be the nice guy and let them by, then they roost the hell outta me. i just wish i had a ****in paintball gun to start blastin them with!

slightlybent47
01-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by chucked
A-holes like you are why some tracks are starting to not allow quads.

No you miss under stood.I only get in there way if there an *** and don’t give me any respect. Where I ride they have 7 tracks in one facility and the bikes can ride on all 7 tracks if they want but the quads only get one track. And the bike guys will come down and ride on the quad track just to get in our way. They have 7 tracks to choose from and they insist on riding the quad track. Then they will complain about us on our own track. If they have so many choices where to ride then why do they insist on riding on our track, because there dick’s that’s why? Don’t get me wrong it’s only a few that do not respect the quads but they still do it.

I say were all involved in the same sport and we all love to ride in the dirt, so lets get along.

Most of them will back down if you show them they can’t intimidate you, stand your ground. I only get in there face if they are the ones to start it, as long as there respectful then we have no problem.

slightlybent47
01-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Let me correct myself, they love us when there track is too wet and they come down and ask us to ride there track and help dry it out for them, then they love us.

01-31-2010, 03:14 PM
most bike riders hate us on quads around here. even Playing a game online 9/10 people get pissed and curse out quads. It seems 90% of bike riders hate quads. but 10% of quad riders hate bikes.

If you ever been to a bike race compared to a quad race its night and day. It seems all the bikes are out to get each other unless your friends, Us quad guys all stick together and there never really problems at the tracks. i just dont get it. Where all riding for the love of the sport. 2 wheels. 4 wheels or 20 wheels we all love the same thing. I dont see the big problem.

Bikes ruin the tracks for quads with there ruts, wile bikes say we ruin there track. But where the bad guys?

slightlybent47
01-31-2010, 03:59 PM
One thing you have to remember that when someone goes around you it’s hard not to through dirt on the one you pass. Regardless what you are riding. Dirt bikes have larger tires and they throw there dirt at a more upward angle then the quads do. And a quad rider is sitting a bit lower then a bike rider. Remember you were throwing dirt on the one behind you and it's only common since that they will do the same when they go around you. Getting dirt in your face is part of the sport and comes with the territory.

Canadian144
01-31-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't really have any local friends with quads, only with dirtbikes (WR250F, KX250F, and SX250F). None of them have a problem with me, though I guess they are my friends so if they did then I guess they would no longer be my friends haha.

Most dirtbikers I see up at the trails near my cottage always wave (like other quads) or nod or whatever, up there anyone on the trails pretty much gets a wave/thumbs up/nod. No problems with each other.

My cottage is actually off of a road that is supposed to be one of the top sportbike roads in Canada, and there are always plenty of guys with bikes up there. Even they usually wave at me... I remember seeing a whole pack of gixxers and I was on the trail looking and EVERY one of them waved to me!

BlaineKaiser450
01-31-2010, 05:41 PM
Around here, a lot of the bike guys get uneasy around quads because there are a lot of goons on quads, and i was like that when i first started riding, so and I can remember accidentally getting in the way a lot. But now that I'm a lot faster than most of the bikes and hit all the same jumps as them they tend to be much more respectful and don't give me problems, because I don't give them any.

jesseweaver
01-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Ridetrpdotcom

If you ever been to a bike race compared to a quad race its night and day. It seems all the bikes are out to get each other unless your friends, Us quad guys all stick together and there never really problems at the tracks. i just dont get it. Where all riding for the love of the sport. 2 wheels. 4 wheels or 20 wheels we all love the same thing. I dont see the big problem.

big misconception right there... a lot of people aren't riding for the love of the sport. theres a lot more at stake for bikes usually and thats why they might be a little more aggressive. go to a loretta lynns qualifier at a local track and you'll see a lot of the kids are put under an incredible amount of pressure by their parents. they'll do anything to win and it doesn't even look like they're really having fun. thats the side of motocross i hate

ZeroLogic
01-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by chucked
Only time I see dirt bikers get pissed at quads is for screwing up the ruts

Thats the only time I hate you guys.:p

250x_kyle
01-31-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Thats the only time I hate you guys.:p

lmao best thing i heard all day. way to add some humor to the thread . :p

slightlybent47
01-31-2010, 09:17 PM
I ride both so that must mean I hate myself. lol!!!! :D

ZeroLogic
01-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
lmao best thing i heard all day. way to add some humor to the thread . :p

Why was that funny?:huh

slightlybent47
01-31-2010, 10:07 PM

Dirt biker reading an atv thread.

KXRida
01-31-2010, 10:52 PM

And why are quads limited to only one day of practice and not allowed at some tracks again? :rolleyes: I usually try not to "rust anyone on porpus" either.

Coming from a back ground of both, I see both sides. As I've said before 9 times out of 10 I'm at a track for me and me only unless I'm just having a ride day. Roost is part of mx. Whether it be quad or bike, it happens. I am aware of the other riders around me though, especially the younger ones and the less experienced. To be honest, when I'm practicing my laps and what not, I couldn't care less of what's coming off of my back tire. I'm worried about setting up for the next corner, spotting my landings, etc.... you know the important things while riding

My biggest beef with quads is a lot of the riders are 100% wreckless. Why would I want to be on a track with some goon that just picked up a new LTR and is bouncing across the track and can't hold their line? Sadly enough, this seems like most of the quad population I have recently been encountering. I have no issue with riding with experienced quad riders. There's no hiding the fact the bikes make up the majority of mx and naturally bring in the most money so in most cases tracks are tailored to us. It is rather annoying when there's awesome ruts formeing all around the track that have nice sweeping lines and all it takes is one quad to flatten them out. This is why I usually ride the local tracks around here on sunday.... Bikes only. No hard feelings.

Let me correct myself, they love us when there track is too wet and they come down and ask us to ride there track and help dry it out for them, then they love us.

lol I remember one day open practice was pretty nasty and quad riders got half off practice fee to go run the track for a while. :p

The roost part does suck, but sounds like some of you guys just need to get over yourselves. If you don't want to get dirty, stay out of the dirt. What are you going to do in a race when you get a bad holeshot? Go confront every racer that got a better start than you? :eek:

dirtbike&quad
01-31-2010, 10:58 PM
since i do/have done both...

im sick of quaders saying...make new ruts, this and that, blah blah blah, but let me tell you, a rut already set up is perfect because bikes cant slide into turns like quads can.

both sports are different. its like skiing vs snowboarding. same mountain (same track) different riding...everyone on the mountain is having a good time and when it comes down to a competition everyone is all smiles no matter what.

John Noftsinger
01-31-2010, 11:21 PM
I use to ride in AZ at ET motorpark And got same BS happen to me they get in front on straight(in your line)and hose you its bs,Im not messing there ruts up cause there is no rut/whoops on track so dont know what there deal is had some kid cut across face of jump on me(he went left to right on face it was on purpose) I could have been an *** and hit him finally the second time he cut me off on face of jump the second time(next lap) I had anuff and gassed it and tapped him off flying then pointed at him and yelled ill run you over next time that punk didn,t do nothing after,he was getting beat around the track by me and took his frustration out on me ,he in beginng was waiting after i pass him to hose me next lap and cut me off,the pro track thats there has no whoops either but no quads can ride it,I was riding it and could clear all jumps and stepups with no problem but they kicked me off and there was nobody riding it at the time .It reminds me of snowboarding back in 1995-2000 skiers hated us at the resorts .

muddy400EX
02-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by KXRida

The roost part does suck, but sounds like some of you guys just need to get over yourselves. If you don't want to get dirty, stay out of the dirt. What are you going to do in a race when you get a bad holeshot? Go confront every racer that got a better start than you? :eek:

u guys keep saying getting roosted is part of it. but theres a difference in accidental roost, and personal roost. when you get over to the right to let him by, and he comes past your left side, then swerves over to the right and hammers it, ITS ON PURPOSE! i dont mind gettin dirty, but its not the dirt that makes me mad. its the fact that he did it

Stiles86
02-01-2010, 03:23 AM
i think with the way the economy is going that both bikes and quads need to shut up and start getting along because with the amount of tracks closing we need the numbers from both sides, riding is riding quad/bikes/street

TRXman86
02-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Must be the area your in. Most all tracks or other places I ride at, everyone pretty well respects one another and their abiltiy OR lack there of. You can tell who gives respect to get it, and thsoe who try to bluntly take it. I do not stand for taking it. ANYONE ever tries it with me, I take my time and show em how 2x's the roost hurts :D BUT... those who actually give you the room, and it's a mutual respect when both involved slow or move over, it's alwyas nice to see the hand come out for a quick wave. When ya get back to the pits, it's even better to have them come talk to you about racing. Yes, I do feel quad guys loose tons of respect, but when some just clearly block and be buttholes for no reason... YOU are the problem...

Paybacks are a biatch, but it's not payback unless you deserve it!

Suck it up, ride on, keep your local riding area open and get along! Ask Leroy Harris of South Fork Dirt Riders, he "segragated" us quad guys from day one this past year, last race of the year, only 3-5 quads showed up. All year he never had more then 8-10 at one time. BESIDES the EDT race which they won't even be back. Leroy is one of those bike lovers, fine! He can have it. There's plenty of tracks with WAY better people that just enjoy racing. Screw the attitudes, go else where. It's not worth the
b!tch!ng anymore. It's a loosing battle...

For the record... It's ROOST not RUST...

KXRida
02-01-2010, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
u guys keep saying getting roosted is part of it. but theres a difference in accidental roost, and personal roost. when you get over to the right to let him by, and he comes past your left side, then swerves over to the right and hammers it, ITS ON PURPOSE! i dont mind gettin dirty, but its not the dirt that makes me mad. its the fact that he did it

As I said before when I'm at a track, I'm there for me, not anyone else. I try to avoid roosting people, but that's part of it. I've had it happen plenty of times to me before. Nothing you can really do about it when an A rider comes blowing by you, let alone anyone faster than you. The roughest time is when there is someone just slightly slower than you that you can just get by. That's usually when the roost issue comes into play. Wear a roost guard?

csr250r
02-01-2010, 12:15 PM
My local track is very bike bias, they absolutly drench the track (puddles not able to hit the big jumps) and then send the quads out for practice. And they do gripe about lines, honestly I dont try to wreck lines, but quads race too you cant just back off in corners when you're racing because of some guys precious line. I have actually wrecked pretty hard because deep line before a uphill double.

Most my buds I ride with are bike guys and they give me a hard time but its in fun. I know they really dont like getting beat by me though :) .

jesseweaver
02-01-2010, 12:35 PM

have you ever riden bikes hard on a track? no. then don't go out saying they're doing it on purpose lol 9 times out of 10 a line that starts inside on a left turn will end up way outside on the right. trust me theres no bike riders out there that will hop out of their rut and scoot outside to a different one mid turn just so they can roost you.

02-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Its all about numbers, if quad mx ever gets as big as dirtbike mx, they will be given just as much respect. Dirtbikers complain about us tearing up their ruts, which does happen. But on the other hand, trying to take a corner on a quad when you have to go through a 2 foot deep rut isnt exactly fun. The difference is, there are alot more dirtbikers, so they complain.

muddy400EX
02-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
have you ever riden bikes hard on a track? no. then don't go out saying they're doing it on purpose lol 9 times out of 10 a line that starts inside on a left turn will end up way outside on the right. trust me theres no bike riders out there that will hop out of their rut and scoot outside to a different one mid turn just so they can roost you.

yes i have ridden a bike on a track. i have a kx250f. dont be so quick to say i havent

sunco
02-01-2010, 02:37 PM
coming from a bike rider, i dont really have a problem with quads... the only time i really get pissed at quad riders is when its some 40 year old on a scrambler in jeans and work boots whos all over the track. or if it seems like they're out there going out of their way to destroy all the good ruts.

only time i intentionally roosted someone was one time a breezewood there was some trailer trash looking guy covered in tatoos who i had seen drinking all day riding a blaster around the rhythym track with no shirt on. i know he wasnt feelin too good after that
I was a little nervous there for a minute. I started to qualify for "that guy" but then I realized I don't have a scrambler - nor do I drink & ride. I feel better now :muscle: :muscle: See ya @ BPG

KXRida
02-01-2010, 03:06 PM
yes i have ridden a bike on a track. i have a kx250f. dont be so quick to say i havent

Then you should completely understand about the difference between the roost of bikes vs. quads. I'll agree with jesse, I'm not going to purposely hop out of a good line mid turn just so I can roost some quad rider.

muddy400EX
02-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Then you should completely understand about the difference between the roost of bikes vs. quads. I'll agree with jesse, I'm not going to purposely hop out of a good line mid turn just so I can roost some quad rider.

ya i know a roost from a bike is alot higher and farther than a quad,making it harder to control. but you guys are obviously quad fans so you wouldnt do that (since your on a quad site). alot of bike guys would never even look at a quad site.lol theres not alot of bike riders like you guys, or it doesnt seem like it anyways,lol.

jesseweaver
02-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by sunco
I was a little nervous there for a minute. I started to qualify for "that guy" but then I realized I don't have a scrambler - nor do I drink & ride. I feel better now :muscle: :muscle: See ya @ BPG

haha nah i dont have anything against scramblers or anything, just using them example. im talking about the people who go out there with zero consideration for others and ride all over the track and then whine and complain and start fights when they get run into.

sunco
02-01-2010, 05:48 PM
I can understand the post. As for me well, we all share the same passion - riding. But some people are more agressive than others. Just like some are younger than others. If u seem to be that guy that gets roosted all the time - well keep your googles on & put ur head down, u might even invest in some hand guards:D . Riding w/ douche bags, bad weather or someone thats faster than u will just help u become a better rider :D . When all else fails - just watch the rest of us hammer the throttle :devil:

slightlybent47
02-01-2010, 06:23 PM
When your on a public track and it’s open practice anyone who pays there money to ride should be able to do so, that is how this sport grows. Given that, it’s only common since those riders of all types and skill levels may be on the track. It’s up to you to watch out for slower riders and take care when passing them. I like to ride like I race, all out and sometimes it’s hard to do that on the weekends so that’s why I try to go during the week.

I only jack with the ***** holes that start it, most of the time I go faster then most so I don’t have to many people trying to run over me anymore. As far as the dirt bikes go, where I ride like I said we have our own track but the dirt bikes cant seem to let us have even one track to our selves. They insist on riding on it when they have 6 other tracks to ride on all by them selves, and there all at the same place.

I often times run interference for the small minis that try to ride the quad track and the dirt bikes are out in force running over every one that is not as fast as they are.
I’ve seen the dirt bikes jumping over the head of 5 year olds out there on there little quads. You know some really dumb shet.

John Noftsinger
02-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Some of you dont have it happen to you and cant believe that the roosting is on purpose!The days i went to the track I was only quad out there there,s 4 tracks one protrack(no quads) a similar practice track(i ride) another smaller dirtbike track,and looks like a flat track(not sure maybe 50cc track) I had it happen several times And its not that im taking lines away from them i ride and stay clear of them (dirtbikes that are faster than me) other than that they on straights come on purpose in front of you and roost you its like fun for them cause they are faster on straights and can get you with there roost when they pass you the kid I hit came across the face of jump from behind me I was far left coming to table he was behind on right coming out turn then gassed it and cut diagonal across face to cut me off as Im about to jump, these dirtbikers have no respect for us at all and he had to learn respect the hard way when i sent him flying off the table top with a bumper! and when they(dirtbike riders )look back then roost there doing it to be jerks!

muddy400EX
02-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by John Noftsinger
Some of you dont have it happen to you and cant believe that the roosting is on purpose!The days i went to the track I was only quad out there there,s 4 tracks one protrack(no quads) a similar practice track(i ride) another smaller dirtbike track,and looks like a flat track(not sure maybe 50cc track) I had it happen several times And its not that im taking lines away from them i ride and stay clear of them (dirtbikes that are faster than me) other than that they on straights come on purpose in front of you and roost you its like fun for them cause they are faster on straights and can get you with there roost when they pass you the kid I hit came across the face of jump from behind me I was far left coming to table he was behind on right coming out turn then gassed it and cut diagonal across face to cut me off as Im about to jump, these dirtbikers have no respect for us at all and he had to learn respect the hard way when i sent him flying off the table top with a bumper! and when they(dirtbike riders )look back then roost there doing it to be jerks!

thank you man. finally, someone thats see the same crap i do!

KXRida
02-01-2010, 08:34 PM
haha nah i dont have anything against scramblers or anything, just using them example. im talking about the people who go out there with zero consideration for others and ride all over the track and then whine and complain and start fights when they get run into.

haha this is all I could picture in my mind...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ab33Q7Wtyv4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ab33Q7Wtyv4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

When your on a public track and it’s open practice anyone who pays there money to ride should be able to do so, that is how this sport grows. Given that, it’s only common since those riders of all types and skill levels may be on the track. It’s up to you to watch out for slower riders and take care when passing them. I like to ride like I race, all out and sometimes it’s hard to do that on the weekends so that’s why I try to go during the week.

I only jack with the ***** holes that start it, most of the time I go faster then most so I don’t have to many people trying to run over me anymore. As far as the dirt bikes go, where I ride like I said we have our own track but the dirt bikes cant seem to let us have even one track to our selves. They insist on riding on it when they have 6 other tracks to ride on all by them selves, and there all at the same place.

I often times run interference for the small minis that try to ride the quad track and the dirt bikes are out in force running over every one that is not as fast as they are.
I’ve seen the dirt bikes jumping over the head of 5 year olds out there on there little quads. You know some really dumb shet.

So you started off by saying that if you pay the money everyone is entitled to riding on the track correct? Is it supposed to be a "quad only" track? As far as the dumb stuff, I've seen it done both ways. I've been jumped over by A riders on tripples and larger jumps that I wasn't doing at the time. I've seen more quad riders leave the track via ambulance or helicopter than bike riders. This past spring season I watched 8 quad wrecks and probably half were major judgment errors on their part. I've watched quads land on mini riders. It's not just bikes.

Originally posted by John Noftsinger

sorry to hear about you luck. Some people are asses no doubt about but about 75% of the quads that show up to open practice are complete goons. I was coming up on a guy on a bone stock 450r and we were both about to hit a 60' double or so and he just kept gradually drifting over. Kinda like an old lady on the highway not paying attention. Regardless, it wasn't that big of a deal because we didn't hit and we both caught it in time. What really started to get at me was when he repeatedly did it on the following 4 jumps. So I will say I did a little "on purpose" roost that day. Rolled the double instead of clearing it, threw a little scrub and cracked 3rd gear off the limiter. Needless to say he kept his line the rest of the day.

muddy400EX
02-01-2010, 11:10 PM
what sucks tho, or for me anyway is that i love dirtbikes. i follow supercross and motocross and i love watchin the fast guys at the local places rip around the track. i just wish they were a little bit friendlier,lol.

and theres definitely some goons, i seen these guys at my track that literally made me embarrassed to be riding a quad,lol

slightlybent47
02-02-2010, 02:16 AM
haha this is all I could picture in my mind...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ab33Q7Wtyv4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ab33Q7Wtyv4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So you started off by saying that if you pay the money everyone is entitled to riding on the track correct? Is it supposed to be a "quad only" track? As far as the dumb stuff, I've seen it done both ways. I've been jumped over by A riders on tripples and larger jumps that I wasn't doing at the time. I've seen more quad riders leave the track via ambulance or helicopter than bike riders. This past spring season I watched 8 quad wrecks and probably half were major judgment errors on their part. I've watched quads land on mini riders. It's not just bikes.

sorry to hear about you luck. Some people are asses no doubt about but about 75% of the quads that show up to open practice are complete goons. I was coming up on a guy on a bone stock 450r and we were both about to hit a 60' double or so and he just kept gradually drifting over. Kinda like an old lady on the highway not paying attention. Regardless, it wasn't that big of a deal because we didn't hit and we both caught it in time. What really started to get at me was when he repeatedly did it on the following 4 jumps. So I will say I did a little "on purpose" roost that day. Rolled the double instead of clearing it, threw a little scrub and cracked 3rd gear off the limiter. Needless to say he kept his line the rest of the day.

That farther makes my point. It’s a public track and its rider bewares. That’s one reason you have to sine a waver in order to ride. If you want a track all to your self then build one. And yes there are goons on both sides, no doubt about that. On the other hand it also up to the track to make sure that everyone acts in a respectable manner and if you report them I have seen them get kicked out of the park. That’s why I like to ride with my bro’s cuz I know how they ride.
Remember your there to "practice" it’s not a race so you don’t have to jump every jump every time you go over it. If there is someone in your way then you may just have to roll it that time around. Ride with caution if your not in a race and your on a public track.

And as for the vid you posted I think I seen that before and that guy was a complete nut. He did that 3-4 times in a row and just kept getting up and doing it again. he was crashing on purpose “I swear”.

KXRida
02-02-2010, 05:29 AM
That farther makes my point. It’s a public track and its rider bewares. That’s one reason you have to sine a waver in order to ride. If you want a track all to your self then build one. And yes there are goons on both sides, no doubt about that. On the other hand it also up to the track to make sure that everyone acts in a respectable manner and if you report them I have seen them get kicked out of the park. That’s why I like to ride with my bro’s cuz I know how they ride.
Remember your there to "practice" it’s not a race so you don’t have to jump every jump every time you go over it. If there is someone in your way then you may just have to roll it that time around. Ride with caution if your not in a race and your on a public track.

And as for the vid you posted I think I seen that before and that guy was a complete nut. He did that 3-4 times in a row and just kept getting up and doing it again. he was crashing on purpose “I swear”.

Apparently you don't take racing as seriously as I do. You race how you practice. So if you played football or a similar sport and just didn't feel like practicing a certain play that would be acceptable?

Ride with caution on a track? Tell that to the guy that can't keep his line infront of me. In all honesty, it's starting to sound like you're the kind of rider that I described above.

02-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Haha this is all i can think of when i see a dirtbiker on an atv forum, i feel like they must have been rejected by the dirtbike community. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k3m7_SbWas

And as far as practice goes, for open practice you just have to deal with slower people with less skill. You have to understand kxrida that not everyone out there is on your level, there are lots of slow guys out there. They have practices that are split up into classes before races, maybe you just need to focus more on those practices and just try to enjoy yourself when your in an open practice. Its all about having fun anyways right?

slightlybent47
02-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Apparently you don't take racing as seriously as I do. You race how you practice. So if you played football or a similar sport and just didn't feel like practicing a certain play that would be acceptable?

Ride with caution on a track? Tell that to the guy that can't keep his line infront of me. In all honesty, it's starting to sound like you're the kind of rider that I described above.

Evidently you don’t know how to read or follow a thread. If you had bothered to read all of my post you would have read that I too like to practice like I race. But we are talking about a public track here where everyone can ride.
That’s why most pros have there own track or they ride on week days or rent the track for themselves.

I suggest that you go back and read the hole thread before you post up on something you know nothing about.

slightlybent47
02-02-2010, 12:07 PM
I will add this, we sometimes do a organized practice, witch means that bikes get 30 minuets and then quads get 30 minuets. But the track officials have to come and run the bikes off so we can ride, because they won’t honor the time they have been given. But they never have to tell us to get off, because we do honor the time slot and only ride when it’s our turn. If you ride a public track there will always be goons that ride on both bikes and quads. That’s life on a public track, get use to it.

And they have to keep a man posted at the entrance so bikes cant get on the track. They just seem to think thay have full rain and can just do what they want. And because of there numbers they get away with it.

jesseweaver
02-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by #101
Haha this is all i can think of when i see a dirtbiker on an atv forum, i feel like they must have been rejected by the dirtbike community. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k3m7_SbWas

And as far as practice goes, for open practice you just have to deal with slower people with less skill. You have to understand kxrida that not everyone out there is on your level, there are lots of slow guys out there. They have practices that are split up into classes before races, maybe you just need to focus more on those practices and just try to enjoy yourself when your in an open practice. Its all about having fun anyways right?

and this is all i can think of when i picture you riding a dirtbike.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/emO8ombW2a4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/emO8ombW2a4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

lol sorry i had to. i was expecting to see this video when i opened up the link you posted. and i am not a dirtbiker. i am a quad and dirtbike rider, theres plenty on here just like me. just so happens at the present moment i ride bikes.

KXRida
02-02-2010, 03:36 PM

Here's it's a free for all open practice. I run with a lot of B and A riders when I do go to practice so it's few and far between that I actually see C riders.

Evidently you don’t know how to read or follow a thread. If you had bothered to read all of my post you would have read that I too like to practice like I race. But we are talking about a public track here where everyone can ride.
That’s why most pros have there own track or they ride on week days or rent the track for themselves.

I suggest that you go back and read the hole thread before you post up on something you know nothing about.

If you practiced how your raced you wouldn't be concerned with roost or other bikes. So apparently we don't have the same mind set. Something I know nothing about? It's not my fault some quads can't keep their lines let alone safely clear a jump.

I will add this, we sometimes do a organized practice, witch means that bikes get 30 minuets and then quads get 30 minuets. But the track officials have to come and run the bikes off so we can ride, because they won’t honor the time they have been given. But they never have to tell us to get off, because we do honor the time slot and only ride when it’s our turn. If you ride a public track there will always be goons that ride on both bikes and quads. That’s life on a public track, get use to it.

And they have to keep a man posted at the entrance so bikes cant get on the track. They just seem to think thay have full rain and can just do what they want. And because of there numbers they get away with it.

This used to be the way practices were, but most local tracks found it more beneficial to limit quads to one practice day a week due to low turn outs. Even with split practices, can't say we ever had that problem. I don't mind riding with quads. At one point in time I raced quads and I still ride with a good bit of my quad buddies. What got our local track in a lot of trouble was quads running up and down the roads. Instead of coming back to the pits after practice, they felt the need to fly around. Why? I don't know.

slightlybent47
02-02-2010, 04:30 PM
If you practiced how your raced you wouldn't be concerned with roost or other bikes. So apparently we don't have the same mind set. Something I know nothing about? It's not my fault some quads can't keep their lines let alone safely clear a jump.

Nice try but your way off. Maybe it’s just that I have more respect for the other riders out there and I pay attention to what I’m doing. It seems to me that goons like you are the ones that think you have the right to go as fast as you can all the time regardless who is on the track with you. I’m sure you would feel a bit deferent if it was your 5-6 year old was out there. I guess responsibility comes with age, grow up

fastredrider44
02-02-2010, 04:36 PM
This thread cracks me up. KXRida gets so in the zone that he doesn't care who he roosts. Awesome. Glad I don't "practice" with him. :rolleyes:

When I'm racing, I try not to roost who I pass. (XC) There's a certain consideration that you have to give when you could very easily get hung up in the next tree.

As far as on a track, everynow and then I will take my XC Quad to an open MX practice to do a little cross training so to speak. I have a PRM bumper that demands respect. But then again, I'm not out trashing ruts when I "get in the zone". They respect me, I respect them. Somebody roosts me on purpose... No big deal, that's part of it. But they wont do it more than once. I ride bikes too. I respected quads then, I got respect back.

Everynow and then, I will run into bikes out on the trail when practicing for XC. It's a different world there. That's my game, and I have an edge over most two wheel guys in the woods. I show them respect, they respect me.

fastredrider44
02-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Let me be the first to mention, there are a lot of goons on quads out to give us a bad name and piss off the bikers. What's worse though is the fact that many of them don't know that they're goons and never will.

250x_kyle
02-02-2010, 04:53 PM

sorry i had classes from 9 am to 10pm any little thing was funny by the end of that day of lectures.

slightlybent47
02-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Yeah it’s just like the thread on why people get pissed when you trespass and ride on privet property and wonder why they get pissed. You can talk yourself blue in the face and they still don’t get it.

Next time you complain that not enough quads show up, think about how many you ran off by not respecting the other riders around you.

mx8
02-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Why can't we all just get along . :rolleyes: Life is sooooo short, why don't everyone just shut up and ride. It's not like your going to make any money at this sport, just a good time. Just be happy you have a track to ride on and you can afford to be in this money pit sport.

jesseweaver
02-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
This thread cracks me up. KXRida gets so in the zone that he doesn't care who he roosts. Awesome. Glad I don't "practice" with him. :rolleyes:

When I'm racing, I try not to roost who I pass. (XC) There's a certain consideration that you have to give when you could very easily get hung up in the next tree.

As far as on a track, everynow and then I will take my XC Quad to an open MX practice to do a little cross training so to speak. I have a PRM bumper that demands respect. But then again, I'm not out trashing ruts when I "get in the zone". They respect me, I respect them. Somebody roosts me on purpose... No big deal, that's part of it. But they wont do it more than once. I ride bikes too. I respected quads then, I got respect back.

Everynow and then, I will run into bikes out on the trail when practicing for XC. It's a different world there. That's my game, and I have an edge over most two wheel guys in the woods. I show them respect, they respect me.

but the whole sad truth of everything is... if the bikes dont respect quads, the quads hate them back, the bikes complain, the quads are gone. if the quads dont respect the bikes, the bikes complain, the quads are gone.

slightlybent47
02-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by mx8
Why can't we all just get along . :rolleyes: Life is sooooo short, why don't everyone just shut up and ride. It's not like your going to make any money at this sport, just a good time. Just be happy you have a track to ride on and you can afford to be in this money pit sport.

Amen bro!!!
I’ve been riding since 1978 so my glory days are long gone. lol Maybe that’s why I ride for the love of the sport and not to blow the doors off everyone on the track. Flying by other riders who are armatures at best with no regard for some kind of safety
is no accomplishment if you ask me.

KXRida
02-02-2010, 07:35 PM

Thankfully you ride woods and are from Kentucky so I wouldn't have to hear another thread about how bike riders are dicks, so on, and so on...

When it's a race, it's a free for all. So if you're going down a loose straight away you let off the gas if there is someone behind you so you don't roost them? I think not. I find that statement ironically hard to believe.

Amen bro!!!
I’ve been riding since 1978 so my glory days are long gone. lol Maybe that’s why I ride for the love of the sport and not to blow the doors off everyone on the track. Flying by other riders who are armatures at best with no regard for some kind of safety

I make 95% of my passes safely. Ofcourse, there are a few sketchy ones during a race, but practice wise I make controlled passes. I don't know what you were intending with "and not to blow the doors off everyone on the track. Flying by other riders who are armatures at best with no regard for some kind of safety
is no accomplishment if you ask me." I could care less of the skill level of anyone I pass. I'm not at a track to worry about how they're riding.

02-02-2010, 07:46 PM
All i can say is i hope i can be half as good as you one day kxrida, you sound like your a beast on the track!! :eek2: haha I just think dirtbikers hate the fact that people are faster than them on something that weighs twice as much and doesnt have as much horsepower :p The main time dirtbikers around here start trash talking quads is after a practice session where they get passed by a few quick atvs.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-02-2010, 07:57 PM
I know where most of you guys are coming from. I've been intentionally roosted, disrespected and b!tched at by bike riders. But it depends on the track I'm at. A couple tracks I've been to seem to hate quads and are mostly bikes. One place a lot of you guys have been to and can relate to is breezewood. I have never had a problem there with guys on bikes complaining because the track is so quad friendly. I think the amount of problems and conflict depends on the track you are at.

KXRida
02-02-2010, 08:11 PM
All i can say is i hope i can be half as good as you one day kxrida, you sound like your a beast on the track!! :eek2: haha I just think dirtbikers hate the fact that people are faster than them on something that weighs twice as much and doesnt have as much horsepower :p The main time dirtbikers around here start trash talking quads is after a practice session where they get passed by a few quick atvs.

not the best by far and never said I was. I just like to practice how I race unless it's just a ride day.

With local riders like John and Michelle Natalie and local pro's Alex and Ash Woskob showing up I know for a fact that they'll kill me on quads so I don't even try. I'm sure if you reversed the title and posted this thread on a site such as TT you would get the same replies, just reversed.

jesseweaver
02-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
I know where most of you guys are coming from. I've been intentionally roosted, disrespected and b!tched at by bike riders. But it depends on the track I'm at. A couple tracks I've been to seem to hate quads and are mostly bikes. One place a lot of you guys have been to and can relate to is breezewood. I have never had a problem there with guys on bikes complaining because the track is so quad friendly. I think the amount of problems and conflict depends on the track you are at.

yea very true i can never complain about the quads destroying the ruts cause there never are any lol. one thing i love about BPG though is when the tracks muddy, theres always tons of quads around willing to go clear it off :D

fastredrider44
02-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Thankfully you ride woods and are from Kentucky so I wouldn't have to hear another thread about how bike riders are dicks, so on, and so on...

When it's a race, it's a free for all. So if you're going down a loose straight away you let off the gas if there is someone behind you so you don't roost them? I think not. I find that statement ironically hard to believe.

Did I call you a dick? no. When going down a loose straight away, most of the time you can be just as fast in a higher gear not blasting the person behind you. I'm saying when I run up on a lapper, I can usually pass them without roosting them. :cool: Its courtesy. Some people have it, some people don't.

j_cyrus3
02-03-2010, 01:37 AM
Did I call you a dick? no. When going down a loose straight away, most of the time you can be just as fast in a higher gear not blasting the person behind you. I'm saying when I run up on a lapper, I can usually pass them without roosting them. :cool: Its courtesy. Some people have it, some people don't.

2000th post for you. How ya been bro?

sunco
02-03-2010, 06:35 AM
Amen bro!!!

I started riding quads when I was 41. I hope my glory days aren't over - I was hopen this would be my year :devil: I went from XC to workin on MX out my quad. Not to mention all the rest that means...........

fastredrider44
02-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by j_cyrus3
2000th post for you. How ya been bro?

Holy smokes, I gotta quit playing on the net so much. But ya, been ok all things considering. Still waiting for you to come to a MS.:blah:

csr250r
02-03-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm sure if you reversed the title and posted this thread on a site such as TT you would get the same replies, just reversed.

Yea totally cuz bikes and quads practice alot together on the tt...

rooster300ex
02-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Yea some dirtbikers are alil arrogant, but some quaders are too. I like dirt bikes don't have a problem with em.

jesseweaver
02-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by csr250r

first find out what TT he is talking about, then post.

KXRida
02-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by csr250r

It's better be quiet than to be thought a fool because of your ignorance. Please google TT before you post again.

fastredrider44
02-03-2010, 04:07 PM
It's better be quiet than to be thought a fool because of your ignorance. Please google TT before you post again.

:blah: