PDA

View Full Version : cuts out after 2 seconds

3racers
01-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Hey motorheads, Got 250r with new top end after putting back together having problem with gettin to run right.I have cleaned carb and even tried a different carb. It starts good and idles good when i start to ride it revs to like 3000rpm them starts bogging or breaking down shift gears quick and keep r's low it runs o.k. could bad ststor cause this? Anybody got any ideas what i can check or what causes this?

bill wright
01-31-2010, 08:28 AM
just a thought, go back into your carb, & check the clip position & main jet. compare them to specs in the service manual . sounds to me like you are too rich on those two .

woodsracer144
01-31-2010, 12:16 PM
does it bogg or does it like skip like a miss fire? if its missing like a skip it is prolly your spark plug, check the gap. i had a Pro X cyl ported by FTZ and i fouled a plug and i gapped my plug wrong and it would run fine at the low end( 1st and a little of 2nd, but once i started to revv it up it would run like it had a revv limiter on it and skip to beat hell... i chaged the plug out and the thing was a rocket ship after that..