PDA

View Full Version : kawasaki starting problem

VTredneckgames
01-30-2010, 08:07 PM
I know this isnt a mojave, but I need some help guys.

Ive been working on a 93 Bayou and I need some help. You can start it just fine when its cold. But if you run it for less than 30 seconds then it will not restart by using the electric starter. It will turnover but not fire. But you can drift start it for less than 2 feet and it will run just fine. It runs just fine, but has that starting problem. Can you offer any advice?

jonboy
01-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Can you use the pull starter and get it to run? If so sounds like the battery is almost dead. Will the head lights dim when running
If so then it could be the rectifier. Had almost same problem with the Lakota a few yrs back and they have the same motor as the 300 buyou.

VTredneckgames
02-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Dont think its a battery issue. The starter turns over just fine. Even has fire at the plug, but it will not start and run. But you push it 2 feet and it will fire. Makes no sense to me.

jonboy
02-01-2010, 07:36 PM
You may want to check the timing and possibly the valve adjustment. I've never heard of this problem before. I am very interested in what the problem is. Are you pushing it in gear? Is your decomp lever sticking open? this sounds really weird.

VTredneckgames
02-06-2010, 09:27 AM
It has actually gotten to where it wont even run now.

We know a guy that has almost the same model, we borrowed his and have been swapping parts back and forth. We think we have it narrowed down to the pick up coil. We didnt swap them because of the complexity. Ordered one the other day to see if that fixes it. When checked with the voltmeter, it didnt read what the book shows it should. Hopefully this will fix it.

jonboy
02-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Good luck. Keep us posted.

VTredneckgames
02-23-2010, 05:55 AM
pick-up coil fixed it.