PDA

View Full Version : MX suspension setup question.....

/infamous/
01-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Im torn between two and need some advice. What do you guys think is overall better? Custom Axis titanium spring Dual rate triple adjustment fronts with Axis Dual rate rear......or......PEP PB1 triple rate fronts with PEP PB1 rear? What do you guys think? Detailed opinions if you know anything about each

Butter
01-30-2010, 04:13 PM
OK, I'll be close to the only Axis fan on here. I know it. Personally I would easily take the Axis over PEPs. Not saying I don't like PEPs, but we have so much experience with them. My brother has been running them for 11 years now, so he knows how to rebuild, tune, anything. So needless to say we would be able to make the shock work. Alot of people are partial to PEP. Hey Wayne builds a good shock, and its setup for you right outta the box. So thats why they feel awesome to most. Its all in setup, and what you know. If you know PEP shocks, then I would go with them, or if you know Axis, stick with the Axis. They will both be awesome shocks with the right tuning and setup. Not like your asking if PEPs are better than Works, or is Axis better than HD USAs. They are both great shocks. Just go with whatever you know.

Lquad71
01-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Never rode axis so i cant say anything
PEP on the other hand..flawless...If you end up getting PEP's and decide to go with PB1's...you will be stunned...
oh and not to direspect you or anything, but PEP doesnt make a PB-1 rear, only fronts, the rear is called ZPS and depends on how many clicks and what size bottle...^^^^^^but listen to this guy, go with what you know...

lonnie1977
01-30-2010, 07:39 PM
I ran the Axis Ti spring front shocks for the last couple of years and can't say a bad thing about them. I am switching to the PEP PB1's right now though just to try something different. I have been to Axis's shock building shop and it first rate all the way.