PDA

View Full Version : A-arms

riding4fun
01-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Currently have DC long travel a arms with Elka shocks.

What other a arms would work with these shocks.

Thanks,
Darrell

raidernut
01-30-2010, 07:25 PM
pm sent

caliguy
01-30-2010, 08:08 PM
what are the length of your shocks?dont know if your shocks will work but if your lookin to switch to better A-ARMS check into SNYDER'S. from the videos i just watched on youtube i dont think his set up can be beat. i will be looking to purchace something soon myself and i'm gonna go with it. i dont know if you have to purchace the rear shock and swingarm to get the front to work properly or not. money doesnt matter when you get the performance you expect.

bignasty
01-30-2010, 10:59 PM
snyders are the bomb...we got them on both of Dale's bike and they work great. I think you can use the atv-four play setup with your shocks. the snyder set-up uses a 13 1/2" long front.:) :)

riding4fun
01-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks, don't want to change shocks.

Does anybody know what size the JB arms use?

STRAUBMAN
01-31-2010, 05:42 PM
anybody using the jb suspension setup? i am looking into a long travel setup this year, would like some input before purchase.
thanks in advance

caliguy
01-31-2010, 09:16 PM
hopfully soon i can totally agree with BIGNASTY when i get a couple more "quarters" saved up to get the SNYDER set up.not to "DIS" anybody's suspension, but, i've heard of the ATV-FOURPLAY A-ARMS bending, dont know where or how,....however, if i'm telling my child to go out there and give it what you got i want the machine to be able to handle 10 times more. as far as the shock length goes,cant help,good luck. take your time and make the the logical choice

raidernut
01-31-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by caliguy
hopfully soon i can totally agree with BIGNASTY when i get a couple more "quarters" saved up to get the SNYDER set up.not to "DIS" anybody's suspension, but, i've heard of the ATV-FOURPLAY A-ARMS bending, dont know where or how,....however, if i'm telling my child to go out there and give it what you got i want the machine to be able to handle 10 times more. as far as the shock length goes,cant help,good luck. take your time and make the the logical choice

Thats funny i would certainly like to see that. We have been running the atvfourplay arms for two straight years in the roughest of conditions in the WORCS series. Our arms have seen many nasty rocky tracks, and have barely chipped the powder coating. The arms are made exactly the same as the big bike arms, and ive never seen nor heard of them "bending" either. I kinda find it hard to believe unless you run into a brick wall or something.

bulldogfallon
02-01-2010, 01:36 PM
We use the JB Racing Set up with Motowoz shocks with great results.

They come in a couple variations depending upon tires set up and rider size.

This is for the A-arms and swinger, so you can pick what is best for you.

I have heard nothing but good things about Snyder's stuff as well...we have actually decided to offer the Snyder parts on our website since they have rec'd such good feedback from various sources.

Tom builds an excellent product as well does Dave at DC.

doonanracing
02-01-2010, 02:44 PM
We have 2 2008 DRR's for my son. One has ATV 4 play and the other has a JB front end. We currently use Fox Shocks as my son prefers the ride with them compared to the set of Elka's we where running. The shock length is pretty compareable we have from the atv 4 play. JB, and what I am told the DC a-arms. The atv 4 play has over 2 seasons on them and the JB has only about 2 races. Never had an issue with any product. The JB's are light and seem very durable. Last season they where about $200 less than everyone else and Jody has always made some of the best products available. I am unsure if anyone else has moved down in price but if costs is a factor than you might concider JB. My son has no perference over which DRR he wants to ride only which one starts quicker and is faster. Both suspensions react pretty much similiar to each other. The only a-arms we ever tried and had issues with where from Percession racing and where told where made by Burgard. The mounting location seemed off and the shocks never performed like they should and the quality seemed fair at best. We only had them on for one race and the front end dove down in a corner and the a-arms never let the shocks bounced back up causing my son to wreck pretty hard. We put the atvb 4 play a-arms on and with the same shocks without doing anything and that problem no longer happened. I am unfamilir with Snyders product but would only gues that the quality would be right there with the top 4 (DC,ATV 4 Play,JB and now Snyder). The only thing we found that made everything work was matching the stem with the manufacturers a-arms. with both a-arms. With both My only concern was how the front end toes in when in air (atv 4 play seemed to do it a little more than the JB's) but that seems to be the issue with every a-arm out there and goes back to the frame design. I will attach another photo to show both atv's from last season. One has the JB front end and the other the atv 4 play. As far as bending and breaking I have never had an issue although over my years I have broken many and seen many break. Jody has always been at the top of the board year after year and it was nice to see someone jump in the mini world like him. Guys like Gary from GForce and Rich from Hetrick are both nice guys whom can give you feedback they have received. But if price is an issue then maybe JB as they where $200 less than ATV 4 Play and DC's last season. As far as quality as long as you stick with a name you can trust than in my experience so far you should be ok. Hope this helps.

doonanracing
02-01-2010, 02:48 PM
atv 4 play still had Elka at the time of photo they have since been updated with a set of Fox Shocks.

BradLoomis
02-01-2010, 11:01 PM
I know a few on here are upset with not being able to get ahold of Dave Carter for the last couple of months! I am part of the reason for that and I apologize to any of you now. Dave and I have had a very good partnership for the last couple of years and we really wanted to rethink and change the way quads are modified. I can't go into to much detail right now, as a few of the new products will show up at the Indy Dealer Show in the Polini booth.

All of the testing for the last year and half, has led us to these products. These are not just a lighter / stronger version of current products. This was a total re-think of the the part and its role in the geometry and balance of the quad. These will not be easy to knock off like slipper clutches or aluminum covers and such, so Dave dove head long into this and one part naturally led to the next in sequence. Sorry for the long rambling, and I will post pics on the opening day of the show. I really wish I could say more.

Logan #34's Dad
02-02-2010, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by doonanracing
The only thing we found that made everything work was matching the stem with the manufacturers a-arms. with both a-arms. With both My only concern was how the front end toes in when in air (atv 4 play seemed to do it a little more than the JB's) but that seems to be the issue with every a-arm out there and goes back to the frame design.

As far as ATVFourPlay having toe-in issues - Tom has addressed this - You nailed it - Steering stem.

T@AFP
02-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Hey I thought I'd chime in.

There are a few clear differences in our arms for the DRR, which drives the costs up.

Our lower A arms have the shock mounts below the lower tube. By having this we require hand made gussetts. VERY time consuming versus bending the tubes. Running a cross tube across the tubes and putting shock mounts on the cross tubes.
More time/more materials.

We also use 1/2" heim joints on the uppers for caster adjustment.
1/2" ULT. Radial static loads lbs. = 11,191

7/16'" " " = 7,897

Just a piece of mind for me.

Little things like this drive the costs up. But I think they work and will last.

Also, we have developed a Gen II stem for the DRR that drastically reduces the bumpsteer on the DRR.

Those other companies you guys mentioned make great products too. If price is the issue we may not be the company for you.

***THIS IS NOT INTENDED FOR ADVERTISING PURPOSES***

Thanks,
Tom

raidernut
02-02-2010, 08:13 AM
One main reason for the toe in you saw in the atvfourplay stuff is do to the fact that this kit has more travel than the others. With the added travel you have the offset of more toe in during the droop of the front end. However Tom has come up with a different steering stem, that all but eliminates this while still maintaining the added travel. We ran it last week, and it worked awesome!!

Coley'sdad#8
02-02-2010, 08:39 AM
I don't have any problem getting in contact with Dave heck he contacted me yesterday. Havent had a problem with his a-arms or roundhouse swingers. we had the first set of 09's that had the turnbuckle adjustment on the top a's and Dave and I had to fine tune the length to get the neg. camber correct. Whenever a damaging wreck one call and parts are on the way. Plus Dave is from Arkansas so he needs some help anyway:D