PDA

View Full Version : Esposure, how to get a place's name out-racing/riding???

TRXman86
01-30-2010, 10:15 AM
I wasn't exactly sure where to put this at...

There is a race in April at the new place I have listed in the trail/ride section. Goose Holler. Well the first ever race will be April 25th, and I was wondering what it takes to get one of the (or more) magazines or anything to get some coverage of this. With 360+ acres of 90% woods, this place has the makings to be a GNCC caliber track. With most all events being from Indiana, East, and South, I figured what the heck, try to get word out for us (I represent Goose Holler) and try to get some big races in. At one time, the WORCS series came to Kahoka (not the same place it used to be), MOState series, and hard telling what before I started racing. I'm not trying to make it sound like this is the best place on earth, but has major potential for some great events... SO... question is, how do I go about getting some exposure? Everything short of a web page (in the works), pics and vids (which will also be up here as soon as I get my quad back from the shop)... Any help would GREATLY be appreciated...

Pappy
01-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Get a site up, send press releases to all the mags and to websites etc.

Good luck getting a mag to actually cover one, at best you will have to have someone write an article on the race and supply photos and MAYBE they will run it 6 months after the event. They will however accept schedules and announcments that might make it in publication in time for it to benefit your event.

Grass roots efforts are the key to this.

KXRida
01-30-2010, 11:26 AM
flyers at your local shop. Seems to work best. That's how I found out about a local outlaw series.