PDA

View Full Version : lining up a wiesco crank?

snakeman52646
01-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Ok,
first off thanks for any help in advance. I purchased a 86 250r in the process of rebuilding it. Got to putting the balancer,and the gear that meshes with it that is on the crank. Ok so you line the dot that is on that gear with the dot thats on the crank. Well there is no dot anywhere to be found on the crank so now I am at a stand still. The crank is a wiesco and has no dot. I know once you get that lined up then you line the 2 dots between the balancer and the crank gear, but having probs with the first part of it.
thanks again,
Billie

86 Quad R
01-30-2010, 10:11 AM
get the crank at top dead center and put the balancer throws at bottom dead center. time everything from there. :cool:

snakeman52646
01-30-2010, 12:21 PM
ok thanks. got that far and realized that there is quite a bit of play in the 2 gears that go on the crankshaft. Slide them on my old crank and they fit tight and snug. Looked at splines on wiesco crank and they are alot thinner then my other one which leaves a little gap between splines when slide gears on so there is play. any ideas why? suggestions?
thanks,
billie

250rPRIDE
01-30-2010, 02:16 PM
i dont think anything is as good as a oem crank.. i think your better off getting a new hod rod, rod. and going that route, although i dont know any about a wiesco one, so ill let the others help ya out there.

Fear250r
01-30-2010, 02:31 PM
My wiseco crank sucked, ended up tearing the tins off. I went and had my stock crank rebuilt.

86 Quad R
01-30-2010, 02:44 PM
i wouldnt be comfortable with the slack on any crank, let alone a wiseco. as others mentioned i'd either go back with a good oem or have the old one rebuilt using a pro-x rod.

atvmxr
01-30-2010, 10:51 PM
mine had a scratch on the end where the dot should be...