PDA

View Full Version : Stock market investments

Quad18star
01-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Any of you older guys have anything invested in the stock markets... if so what companies do you have shares in?

I went into my bank last week and started talking with my investment advisor and she said right now is a perfect time to buy shares into companies , since everything is at a low ... but the economy is now starting to pick back up. That being said , I opened up a trading account so that I can buy stocks into different companies.

Over the last 8 months I've followed a couple to see how they faired , and to my surprise they did quite well .... I actually wished I would have invested into them 8 months ago. One company I was following had their shares drop to $2 ... as of today they are trading at over $13 per share. Another that I followed had shares around $5 , today they are pushing $50.

So now I've been researching another few and I think as of next week I'll take the plunge and try my hand at trading (without a banker) . I've been closely following a gold mining company in which I think will go big in the next little while.

Anyone have any other companies that might be of interest to look into that are "on the move" ???

01-30-2010, 02:43 AM
I don't know if you're interested in only bigger stocks or penny stocks as well. I actually made some money off of TFZP--- Penny stocks are the more risky ones because they rise and drop daily. I made $600 bucks on the TFZP, but Had I got in on that share earlier I could have made 5 grand. It's all on playing it right.

Quad18star
01-30-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm checking out penny stocks also . I've been following LLC on the Toronto Stock Exchange - Venture. They are a copper mining outfit ... right now their stocks are sitting at $0.06 but I have to do more research on them before I go ahead an invest . I have to wait to receive their Investors package.

Have you ever played with Wallstreet Survivor? I signed up for it about 8 months ago and invested the $100 000 they give you and since then I have made about $20 000, Ford's shares doubles, Still water Mining shares more than doubled which made me a ton of play money ... research in motion and barrick gold dropped and I lost about $10 000 with them. :macho Fun game to see what's moving up and whats tanking .