PDA

View Full Version : scrambler no spark?

ned02
01-29-2010, 10:36 AM
2002 scrambler 90x

Scenario, riding out at mesquite and came across some rocks my 7 year old did not want to ride across, wife gets on the 90 and rides across, quad quits running and we cannot restart, today I am trying to figure this out and determine no spark, no power getting to "coil"? So no power getting to plug. The "coil" has a white wire with blue stripe that I believe is the power "in". That wire goes into a taped up harness that is hard to get to without removing the plastics. Anybody have any idea where this wire goes ? or any other ideas about why it won't start? Keep it simple IE..small words etc... I am NOT a Mechanic

raptorobbie
01-29-2010, 12:13 PM
could be a number of things - but make sure the tether kill switch is plugged in and the run switch is on.

ned02
01-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Kill switch is plugged in. no power to cdi
no power to coil
no spark. fuse by battery is good. Quad turns over but does not start.
Cannot find any loose or disconnected wires. Quad ran fine until we crossed the rocks. there has to be something disconnected but I cannot find it!

06raptor700
01-31-2010, 11:57 AM
your kill switch may be bad,same thing happened to us at the dunes,after a while of tinkering and bypassing the kill switch it fired right up

ned02
02-01-2010, 01:45 PM
attempted that and no spark still, another site suggested that the stator might have gotten wet and gone bad? we did do a stream crossing about 200 ft before it died.

ned02
02-06-2010, 08:01 PM
appears to be the stator, I replaced with one I got on ebay but it was no good so I need to procure another and see what happens.

ned02
02-21-2010, 11:28 AM
I replaced stator with a new on and the quad started,put it back together and no start, check stator and it is now bad. Could it be the cdi that is causing the stator to fail?