PDA

View Full Version : What are the dimentions of a 250R rear shock?

Biff
01-22-2003, 04:06 PM
Can anyone tell me the dimentions of a stock 250r rear shock:

-Overall extended length: center to center of the mounting bolt holes with shock fully extended
-Overall compressed length: center to center of the mounting bolt holes with shock fully compressed
-Width of top mount: width of bushing in the eye
-Width of lower mount: inside width of the clevis

NOTE: Overall compressed length can be roughly found by subtracting the length of the exposed shaft (when the shock is fully extended) from the Overall extended length of the shock.

Predator36
01-23-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Biff
Can anyone tell me the dimentions of a stock 250r rear shock:

-Overall extended length: center to center of the mounting bolt holes with shock fully extended
-Overall compressed length: center to center of the mounting bolt holes with shock fully compressed
-Width of top mount: width of bushing in the eye
-Width of lower mount: inside width of the clevis

NOTE: Overall compressed length can be roughly found by subtracting the length of the exposed shaft (when the shock is fully extended) from the Overall extended length of the shock.

They are differant from 1986 - 1989

The 1986 had a longer body and less travel.

I have a 1988 here.

16 extended
11.75 compressed
1.770 top width including dust caps
1.350 inside clevis

Red Rooster
01-23-2003, 06:30 AM
Thanks for stepping up to the plate, and helping a couple brothers out....!

Biff
01-23-2003, 11:34 AM
Thanks Predator36. I appriciate the info. I had forgotten about the change to the rear end of the 250R. Was there only one change? Do you know when that was?

Can anyone provide me with the dimentions (as mentioned in the original post) of the 1987, 88, and 89 and/or let me know which years are the same?

Regards,