PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best state trail in PA?

tywebb3
01-28-2010, 08:29 PM
I sent away for my PA state registration lately so I can ride in the state parks. I used to ride at the Potter County trails many years ago and that was a good time. I also saw there is about 40 miles of trails at South Mountain in southern PA only a couple hours away from where I live in Maryland that I was going to check out. Does anyone have any feedback on any of the PA DCNR trails? Good....bad....rocky....boring...???

squadie
01-29-2010, 05:25 PM
I ride at Michaux sometimes -- but only because it's the closest place to my house! Most of the trails are pretty rocky. Access to the least rocky part is quickest from the lot near Pine Grove Furnace.

jerkyboy
01-29-2010, 06:27 PM
We road trails in the Allegheny national forest a few years ago.
Very nice trail system, we had a great time. I think we parked near Russel City. Trail are closed to ATV's until spring only open to sleds this time of year.

bmerriman12
01-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by jerkyboy
We road trails in the Allegheny national forest a few years ago.
Very nice trail system, we had a great time. I think we parked near Russel City. Trail are closed to ATV's until spring only open to sleds this time of year.

theres a couple different trail systems in the allegheny national forest. all different depends on skill level and what you like to ride (rocks, dirt roads, techincal)...fun trails though and well marked

tywebb3
01-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm not looking to beat my ride up so I prefer to stay away from the really rocky stuff. That is what was nice about the Potter county trails....they were wide open and fun to blast away on. Technical stuff would be good to. Anyway, keep the feedback coming. I would like to make a few trips this year with my brothers and 12 year old nephew.

bmerriman12
01-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by tywebb3
Thanks for the replies. I'm not looking to beat my ride up so I prefer to stay away from the really rocky stuff. That is what was nice about the Potter county trails....they were wide open and fun to blast away on. Technical stuff would be good to. Anyway, keep the feedback coming. I would like to make a few trips this year with my brothers and 12 year old nephew.

marienville and timberline trailhead would be exactly what youre looking for at those trails...look em up and find out more about them. you wont regret it.

jerkyboy
01-30-2010, 07:57 AM
When we were up there those are mainly the trails we rode. The
rear rocky trails we stayed away from. You can realy rip down most of those trails. We even rode at night for a few hours which was really cool also.

coryatver
01-30-2010, 08:02 AM
I like Sproul trails. I hate timberline riding on dirt roads is boring