PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Mounting

IcutMetl
01-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Could anyone take some detailed pictures of how your pro-peg style nerf bars mount on the front portion? I bought a pair of "new never mounted" Graydon Proline pro-peg style nerfs a while back and got a killer deal.

The rear mounts for my '89 frame are there, but the steel portion that fits inside the nerf bar tubing is very very sloppy; I'm going to modify these and weld in a piece of bigger tubing to fit tighter. The front mount was missing, and I'm assuming I'm going to create a "tube and plate" mount and use the square "U" bolts. Either that, or instead of using u-bolts, drill holes thru my 1/4" thick skid plate and use flat head cap screws that'll fit flush, and lock-nuts on the top of the mounting plate. I could always mill a slot in my skid plate so that the u-bolt will mount flush and grab directly onto the frame. It's a project I've been putting off, but want to start on next week.

Just brainstorming here...any ideas?

redteamgo2000
01-28-2010, 03:03 PM
my pro-pegs mount with the bar and plate through my skid plate with taper holes and cap screws. very sturdy as my skid is a full length and mounts very secure to the frame. ive never had a problem with it moving or flexing and ive come down hard on the nerfs

2-330s
01-28-2010, 07:35 PM
mill your frame and weld in a bar. also acts as a brace your frame won't flex as much!

2-330s
01-28-2010, 07:37 PM

2-330s
01-28-2010, 07:39 PM
stupid camera!

IcutMetl
01-29-2010, 07:16 AM
If I ever have to sandblast my frame for any reason, that's probably what I'll do. However, it's nice and pretty and powdercoated...haha, so at this point I'm going to avoid that at all costs. I've got a full-length 1/4" skid plate, and I'll probably take that off and modify that for flush-mount cap screws. Just have t fab up the front mount first and go from there. Thanks for the help!