PDA

View Full Version : air box filter vents?

11-25-2001, 03:28 PM
in the rockymountain atv catolog i saw the air box lid pre filter air vents do they leak and are they worth it:confused:

11-25-2001, 03:48 PM
there has been tons of threads about this. Just search for it. But anyway, they dont really do anything, Maybe a little, but if you want more air just take off the air box lid.

crday98
11-26-2001, 11:33 AM
there haven't been TONS of threads on this as opposed to:which are the best tires?,what is the best pipe?what mods should i do first?,what are some cheap mods?what are the best nerfs?Sparks timing advance key?14T front sprocket?440?416?and so on,so ease off on him a little bit.i hate seeing the same questions asked in 3 or 4 different threads in the same day too but this one has not been asked in awhile.just relax:p

don't waste your time getting them,yes they do help a little but you will have to clean and oil them after every ride.they are a pain in the butt!

11-26-2001, 01:48 PM
Yo man in no way was I yelling at him. I was just telling him there ahs been other threads about this I didnt mean how you interpreted it. I Know there hasnt been TONS of threads, I was exaggerating. I know how you could have seen it like i was mad at him or something.

crday98
11-26-2001, 08:47 PM
no prob;)

barbwire44
11-27-2001, 07:14 AM
Well, I'm gonna disagree with this subject so far. I have uni-vents and love'em they work great and they do help. I don't ride in sand so removing my airbox lid is not an option. I ride in mud snow dust and dirt, and dont want anything going into my motor besides air and gas. And as far as cleaning the uni vents, I clean mine about every 10-15 hours when i clean my uni filter. And they take about 1 minute a piece to remove and clean. And they do work i have a few buddies that run 250r's that were having an occasional fouled plug while woods riding and added the uni-vents to get a little more air and lean the mixture a little and it worked great no more fouled plugs and more responsive off the bottom, so i think they are a good investment for 8 bucks! :D

knighttime
11-27-2001, 07:21 AM
Check them out.

Atomic83
11-27-2001, 09:39 AM
I have some too. I don't know if they really helped or not because I put them in at the same time i put on my pipe and air filter.

RideRed400EX
11-27-2001, 10:14 AM
Hey Knighttime ! What are those metal fitting at the back of your air box cover?

11-27-2001, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by RideRed400EX
Hey Knighttime ! What are those metal fitting at the back of your air box cover?

That would be were the flames shoot out from under his seat when he's got the hammer down. Kinda like turbo boosters..

Mike don't ya love it,,,everytime you post that pic somebody ask's what them little thingy's are on your lid..

Tommy 17
11-27-2001, 01:12 PM
what are those really for though...

11-27-2001, 01:19 PM
What????:huh YOu think I'm lyin,,,thems got flames comin out of it when he's got the hammer down,,,especially now that he's got the 416 kit in I seent it..

Actually I think they were there when he bought it used,,,I think the guy he bought it from put them on to get more air in the airbox.:huh

knighttime
11-27-2001, 01:47 PM
Rico check out the post 420ex update, part 2. You may have to do some rejetting yourself i think.:eek: