PDA

View Full Version : c-dale shocks??

lil400exman
01-22-2003, 02:49 PM
can you fit them into a 250r with not alot of work? i want the nice speed or blazes if possible i bro in law is a machinist so i can get bushings and if anyone has them for sale i will buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRX_Thumper
01-22-2003, 02:52 PM
why not just buy some elka's or works made and setup for your bike and riding style??

lil400exman
01-22-2003, 02:54 PM
cause i wanna save cash man i dont have a super high budget i got car and i am paying for that and all i just need a good and cheap shock cause my stockers on my r are like pogo sticks..............

TRX_Thumper
01-22-2003, 04:14 PM
so you think the shocks off a c dale will be cheap...ok the c dales only been out a little while probably none of them being parted out...lots of them probably has different shocks..but still...they come stock with ohlins...and you could probably by some new works triple rates with no cans for cheaper than the c dale stock shocks.....

Guy400
01-22-2003, 06:27 PM
The stock Ohlins fronts off the early Cannibal's or Speed's are selling for $200-$250. I see them for sale all over the place.

Jnine
01-22-2003, 06:38 PM
Hello:

The stock Cannondale shocks are 16.25", which is pretty standard for what most shock places sell. (Other than the "Long Travel" stuff)

If you can get some of the earlier shocks you can get the Ohlins, but if you get a later model Cannibal it will probably be an Arvin shock.

All of the Cannondale models used a 30mm eyelet on the bottom, but since the Aluminum frame has a wider mount on top, the bushings are a little longer. Since your brother in law is a machinist he can either cut them down, or you can probably get an off-the-shelf replacement. Maybe try for bronze or brass bushings. There are many sizes of those available at your local bearing supply house, and you can almost certainly make that work pretty cheap, even if you have to use a couple together.. They will also last quite well.

Talk to you later.

12gofast
01-22-2003, 07:17 PM
I may have a set of the no rezzie ohlins off a cannondale for sale that I have used on a 400ex......let me see when my new shox will be ready.

Should be in your price range