PDA

View Full Version : quick bill of sale ?

fasterblaster09
01-27-2010, 12:27 PM
About to leave to sell my 400ex, and dont have much time for to type up bill of sale and he says he doesn't care about one. Just want to make sure, if we don't use bill of sale (no vin number since frame is powdercoated), is it "as is"?? if he blows it up, can he come back on me with no bill of sale?

derekhonda
01-27-2010, 12:31 PM
As the seller, if he doesn't care about a bill of sale you are good to go.

As the buyer, if you don't care about a bill of sale, you are an idiot.

He's paying in cash, isn't he?

Either way, I would still do one

I, derekhonda sell one 1999 400ex to john doe on 1/27/2010 for $1500.00 cash. Quad sold as-is with no warranty.

Buyers sig:
Sellers sig:

About all you need.

fasterblaster09
01-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Yeh I went ahead and wrote one up anyway. Thanks. and yes it is cash

ZeroLogic
01-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Isn't the vin indented into the frame?

250x_kyle
01-27-2010, 01:39 PM
its not indented its like etched into the frame. after a couple sandblast the vin is normaly gone anyway. but as far as that goes powdercoating is thick enough to cover it up the point where it would be unreadable.

derekhonda
01-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Engine case still has a seriel number. Something should be marked as a denoting factor of what is being sold.

fasterblaster09
01-28-2010, 05:47 AM
Made a bad mistake... See this guy gave me a down payment a month or two ago, and he was coming yesterday to pay the remaining 1800 he owed me and pick up the bike. Well he didn't tell me until I drove there to meet him that he didn't get back as much as he expected, so I told him to give me 1500 and made him sign a paper saying he owes me 300 by 2/15/10. So there was no bill of sale. If this dumbass runs it to hell and blows it up (has lots of motor work), do I have to take it back because he has no sense? When he came test it the other day he rode it harddd around my neighborhood for like 20 minutes so obviously there was nothing wrong with it. Thanks, neil

derekhonda
01-28-2010, 06:22 AM
You are lucky he only owes you $300.00. And personally, I doubt you'll ever see it. I've sold a few things on payment or atleast with a downpayment. But they never got the machine until the amount was paid in full.

And I hope you had some kind of documentation more than an IOU $300.00.

KXRida
01-28-2010, 06:42 AM
This is the bill of sale that I use...

BILL OF SALE
That I do hereby swear that on (enter date) I sold the following motorcycle

Make: __________________________________________________ _________
Model: __________________________________________________ ________
Year:_____________________________________________ _______________
Sold to:_______________________________________________ ___________

For:______________________________________________ ________________
I further swear as the seller that I am the owner of the described motorcycle.
Date this day of (enter date)
I declare and affirm under the penalties of perjury that this information has been examined by me, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, is in all true and correct.

Seller Signature:________________________________________ ____________

Seller Address:__________________________________________ ___________

Buyer Signature:________________________________________ _____________
Witness:__________________________________________ _________________

fasterblaster09
01-28-2010, 07:14 AM
What I did was on the bill of sale I typed up, i just wrote a big X on it, and on the back of that paper, wrote. "I, Wayne yada, will pay Neil Daigle $300.00 by 2/15/2010." and he signed it.

derekhonda
01-28-2010, 07:26 AM
or else....?

For.....?

Because....?

Something not a lot of people know about contracts, is there has to be consideration on both sides.

Meaning, I could type up and sign a letter that says I will give you one million dollars on friday.

No where near is that enforceable.

Now, If I said I will give you one million dollars by friday for payment in full of your car, then it is enforceable.

fasterblaster09
01-28-2010, 07:29 AM
No I know what you're saying, I have typed up quite a few contracts already. I don't know why I didn't put anything this time. I know I will get my money. I was just wondering if he blows it up am I responsible for giving his money back.

derekhonda
01-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Nope, as long as he is older than 18, not mentally handicapped, and wasn't drunk when you made the deal.

400exrider69
01-28-2010, 08:08 AM
I made a deal with a guy once on a truck gave him title and had him sign and fancy I owe U paper he owed me $200 in 2 months had his address and everything i google his address and found out he lived in the hood in Indy and forgot about my money real fast

watch your self unless you know the guy i doubt you'll see anything

fasterblaster09
01-28-2010, 05:16 PM
The cops from where he is from just called me from his call phone, he got pulled over for riding on the road :rolleyes: they asked about the vin and I told them to check on the engine. He works in arkansas on a rig and is a cook, and they are really strict about drug screens, I will threathen him to call his job if he don't pay me :cool: . I don't like him too much from the 2 times I seen him. (when he came he was bragging how he was hapy to be back home saying he just popped some pills :rolleyes: ) I told the cops take the bike if they need, as long as I keep my money

Sjorge450R
01-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
The cops from where he is from just called me from his call phone, he got pulled over for riding on the road :rolleyes: they asked about the vin and I told them to check on the engine. He works in arkansas on a rig and is a cook, and they are really strict about drug screens, I will threathen him to call his job if he don't pay me :cool: . I don't like him too much from the 2 times I seen him. (when he came he was bragging how he was hapy to be back home saying he just popped some pills :rolleyes: ) I told the cops take the bike if they need, as long as I keep my money

you didnt like the guy, but yet you still have him a $300 loan? Doesnt sound right to me.

fasterblaster09
01-28-2010, 06:37 PM
trust me, if I wasn't in desperate need of the money, it wouldn't have happened like that. and I am really not worried about him not giving me my money. just because I don't like him doesn't mean I don't trust him