PDA

View Full Version : 2010 MX Build New 2009 YFZ450R

hendershot106
01-27-2010, 11:03 AM
I picked up a new 2009 YFZ450R last tuesday and began work on it over the weekend.

This bike will be my "budget minded" mx build.
For now, i will keep the stock suspension...My xc bike needs shocks far more than this bike does.

Plans include: Black Orange Blue theme

Powdercoating- Black Small parts- DONE
Powdercoating- Frame-subframe-color SPARKLE ORANGE
Pro Armor Pro MX bumper- Black - DONE
Pro Armor Revolution Nerf Bars with net heels -Black- DONE
PC Stock grab bar black add # mount- DONE
Black Gripper seat cover- ORDERED x2
Pre Print # plates
BMS Block off Plate- DONE
ATV Fourplay Soft Bars- tag cradle dirt bike grips- DONE
Honda 04-05 thumb throttle- DONE
Cycra Black handguards- ORDERED
Filtron Magnetic blue drain plugs- DONE
Relocate Engine breather hoses- DONE
DWT Champion in a box wheels (black)- DONE
Hoosier 20 6 10 fronts and 18 10 8 soft rears- DONE
GT Sprocket / rotor guards
GYTR Blue kill switch- DONE
GYTR Billet Intake/Filter/prefilter (x2 filters)- DONE
GYTR Black Poly skidplate
Precision Stabilizer PRO model- ORDERED
HMF Comp Series Full system w/ autotune bung- ORDERED
06 yfz cams- INSTALL
Power Commander 5 w autotune Controller- DONE
Stainless Fr/R Brakelines- ORDERED
Spare bearing kits stem swingarm wheels-DONE
Spare chain/sprocket kit- ORDERED
YZ style start button- ORDERED

hendershot106
01-27-2010, 11:16 AM
I already bought/paid for or ordered.

GYTR Intake/filter/prefilter (ebay)
GYTR Kill Switch (ebay)
DWT Champion Box Rok out fronts and 2 sets rear wheels
Full Set Of Hoosier MX tires (Poske's)
Pro Armor PRO MX Bumper and Revolution Nerfs black (pro armor)
BMS PB Block Off (Local shop)
Honda OEM Vent hose Tee black
Honda 04-05 450r Thumb throttle (ebay)
Tag Cradle Soft compound dirt bike grips (4sets to make 2) (661)
Sunline Revolver Motoray black handguards (661)
Filtron Magnetic Blue drain plugs (same as yzf drain) (661)
Black 8" standard beadlock mud plugs x8 (ebay-cernics)

hendershot106
01-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Pro Armor Pro MX bumper

hendershot106
01-27-2010, 11:22 AM
i couldnt wait to see how the bumper fit....so i checked fitment and bolted it up as well as Removing all the plastic, footpegs, heelguards, seat etc.

I also installed the gytr kill switch into the harness and decided to route it along the main harness after taping the wires to prevent fraying and zip tying it along the harness

I removed following small parts for pc-

case saver. grab bar. clutch cover. exhaust shield. both left and right metal heel guard and plastic mounts. front lower engine mounts. Beadlock rings from one set of new rear 8" wheels.

I removed and stored the headlights, tailight and plastic cover, the oil catch overflow reservoir, all the stock engine vent hoses metal and rubber, stock footpegs and heelguards, stock wheels tires, parking brake assembley and brackets it used on swingarm and engine, plastic cover over case saver to prevent mud packing, air box lid, manual, tools, pressure gauge, pedal brake sensor and bracket.

I also traced the handlebar brake sensor wires to the front of harness and removed them.

I traced the clutch sensor wires to the plug in on the main harness and snipped them and wired together for anytime operation off start button.

hendershot106
01-27-2010, 11:32 AM
view all stripped down. ignore the mess...it happens in the middle of "remodeling and finishing a house and garage.

Still undecided on frame color...if i do it at all will be a blue or orange frame/subframe with the black small accents.

hendershot106
01-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Then i used a Honda vent line with a molded turn down on it to attach to top vent of engine and routed it back and infront of the rear engine mount and infront of throttle body to top of back center cases.

Also notice the taped and secured kill switch harness attached to main harness.

hendershot106
01-27-2010, 11:41 AM
After routing the top vent hose down; i used the stock yfzr side hose and measured the distance from the side vent under the angled plastic guard and cut it to end directly under the vent hose i ran underneath the throttle body.

I connected these two hoses with a Honda style (06 up) breather tee...the larger part off tee i used on the large line coming from the top breather hose at this point. This left one end of tee pointing towards the swingarm.

hendershot106
01-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Then i used a longer piece of the stock yamaha breather hose and attached to rear of tee and routed it down between the rear of clutch side case and front of swingarm.

I trimmed the bottom of the hose even with the bottom of the frame.

hendershot106
01-27-2010, 11:51 AM
These are items i still need to order.

Black Gripper seat cover
Pre Print # plates
GT Sprocket / rotor guards
GYTR Black Poly skidplate
Precision Stabilizer
HMF Full system Black on Black
06 yfz cams
HMF or PC3/5 Controller

The seat cover, plates, gt stuff, skidplate, and precision i already have lined up... I need to Find a black on black hmf full system, a set of 06 yfz cams in great shape cheap, and a fuel controller... if anybody has one of these three things cheap let me know.

hendershot106
01-27-2010, 12:22 PM
So far i have overfilled a full size laundry basket with plastic junk.. lights...brackets...parking brake..and junk the bike doesnt need on it.

On my xc bike i removed the plastic tray under the fuel tank and used 2000 degree heat tape and coated the underside of the tank. I will do the same on this bike to save weight and let more air into the radiator/ top end area.

hendershot106
01-27-2010, 07:57 PM
My Pro Armor Revolution series pro peg nerfs came in today. All black with nets; my bumper will compliment these well. I will pc the stock grab bars on both bikes to match the pro armor items.

The GYTR billet intake, gytr style k n, and pre filter all arrived today also.

I also dropped off the following at my powdercoaters: From both my xc and mx quads.

Gloss/Wet Black

Engine mounts x4
Rear fender heel brackets x4
Brake master cylinder guard x2
Rear Grab bars x2
Exhaust heatshields x2
Clutch Covers x2
Case Savers x2

Sparkle Orange

DWT G2 beadlock rings 8" x4

The next couple days will be spent completing teardown for powdercoat prep.

I plan on having the mx bike ready for a trip to GA 4 weeks from now.

funyun
01-28-2010, 08:17 AM
I just got the GYTR Kill switch aswell for my YFZR and I have the Flexx bars. Where did you mount it, there was no room on either side of my bars.

hendershot106
01-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by funyun
I just got the GYTR Kill switch aswell for my YFZR and I have the Flexx bars. Where did you mount it, there was no room on either side of my bars.

I havent mounted it on this bike...but on my xc bike i mounted it under the flexx bar pad.

I ran zip ties thru the kill switch and secured it the the 1 1/8 clamping area

funyun
01-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Got any pics? Any different plans for this bike? I wish there were more room up on the bars somewhere but the flexxs take away a bunch of the space.

hendershot106
01-28-2010, 09:58 AM
i may end up going with the atv fourplay soft bars on this bike....

hendershot106
01-28-2010, 10:00 AM
this is the setup on my xc bike....

Flexxbars...12 degree... pro design kill switch... sunline rotator clamp and sunline rotator handguards... honda thumb throttle and tag dirt bike grips...

hendershot106
01-28-2010, 10:09 AM
mud plugs and tag grips... i like the older style more than the new style dwt plugs...but i like the newer g2 wheels...so thats what i decided on... these mudplugs are super cheap on ebay...so i picked up 8 of them... and tag grips that i just use two left side to make one set for quad.

hendershot106
01-28-2010, 10:10 AM
new nerf bars

hendershot106
01-28-2010, 10:11 AM
gytr intake "kit"

paintthrower00
01-28-2010, 05:50 PM
i have the same nerf bars on my r i love them

hendershot106
02-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Today i ordered a PC3 and a set of ATV Fourplay Soft bars... i also have almost finished teardown. The stock locknut had so much loctite on it i had to cut it to remove it.

Thanks to Tom at Atv Fourplay for hooking me up with the bars.

bansheeboy317
02-03-2010, 09:53 AM
love to see all the work you are puttin into it. but how do you like them hoosier tires? idk if im gonna go with hoosier or razr on...any advice would help

250raptor
02-03-2010, 10:01 PM
tell us whether you like the soft bars or flexx bars better, I'm looking to get one of those pretty soon for my xc R

hendershot106
02-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by bansheeboy317
love to see all the work you are puttin into it. but how do you like them hoosier tires? idk if im gonna go with hoosier or razr on...any advice would help

the hoosiers are great!!! Really like them... and they have a standard and soft compound rears.

They also pay contigency at mx nats.

hendershot106
02-08-2010, 01:49 PM
i Also ordered a power commander 5 with autotune.... i will use the autotune and pc5 to make makes since i really have no access to a dyno....i went ahead and put the pc3 on my bike 1 and will put the pc 5 on this bike..

bansheeboy317
02-08-2010, 08:02 PM
thanks man

hendershot106
02-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Down to frame and subframe last thursday. Finished disassembly and delivered all parts to blasters for this bike.

Subframe was a major pita to remove.... i had to use some major elbow grease to remove the subframe bolts.

yamahahaha
02-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by paintthrower00
i have the same nerf bars on my r i love them

has any of the black on the bars scratched or chipped off yet?

hendershot106
02-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by yamahahaha
has any of the black on the bars scratched or chipped off yet?

They are sitting in a box collecting dust rite now... so nope...

But on my bike 1 the powdercoat is holding up really good... it scratches some but it isnt chipping up as bad as i expected. its dulled some and scuffed but still there for the most part.

This is the bumper off of the other bike.... its same pc...been thru two full days at hatfields...two gncc/hs...and a lot of practice at home...

mxpimp2000
02-09-2010, 07:27 PM
im so jealous i would trade my 06 bike that i just finished for a YFZR i want one so bad

hendershot106
02-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
im so jealous i would trade my 06 bike that i just finished for a YFZR i want one so bad

No need to be jealous lol... just save your money!!! They are starting to come down to reasonable prices now. By the end of 2010 season you should be able to afford a good used one.

funyun
02-10-2010, 02:27 PM
I got my 09 used YFZR from a yamaha dealer for 4140 OTD :blah:

hendershot106
02-10-2010, 02:29 PM
I just bought this one brand NEW out the door for 6200 .... and that is worth the assurance to me that its brand new...and never rode...ie...no one trashed the engine...the frame...the plastic..etc.

I can trash it all by my self lol.:macho

hendershot106
02-10-2010, 02:52 PM
brakelines for front and rear are ordered. I went the dual front line route.

rap 660
02-12-2010, 01:04 PM
hey hendershot106 that is a excellent deal. I bought my 2008 yfz 450 in 08 brand new and it costed me 6200 and last year i was looking at a 2009 yfz 450r but i was going to wait for a few years before i bought the yfz 450r so all the bugs and everything would be out of it but i wish i would have bought one now.

wicked300ex
02-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey hendershot, let me no if u have any issues with mud packing up in the pro armor pegs cause I know mine are terrible at cleaning themselves out. Also, maybe consider only using the stock YFZ intake with the new R exhaust cam. Seemed to be a better combo for us

hendershot106
02-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by wicked300ex
Hey hendershot, let me no if u have any issues with mud packing up in the pro armor pegs cause I know mine are terrible at cleaning themselves out. Also, maybe consider only using the stock YFZ intake with the new R exhaust cam. Seemed to be a better combo for us

The set I have on my woods bike were really bad at packing up with mud with the metal plates as heel guards ... I switched to the nets and they work much better for me but the actual pegs themselves do pack up .
I was planning to try both cams to see any diff, my other bike only has the intake and I like it... Thanks for the advice!!!! It will save the time switching them out!

On the pegs I did notice they always seem to pack up on the lockup at the ends. What do u change with them? Do u take out a row of peg?

hendershot106
02-15-2010, 12:49 PM
update..... i wish it would quit snowing everywhere!!!!!!!!!!

Ups....fedex...etc... cant even get to the house right now!!!... killing my buildup!!!!!!!!:(

quadracer55
02-16-2010, 06:51 PM
u goin with the new series of hmf pipes? if not id go with a dasa(bad *** pipe)

hendershot106
02-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by quadracer55
u goin with the new series of hmf pipes? if not id go with a dasa(bad *** pipe)

Yes. They have been/are helping me out. New comp series with no heat shield mounts and a autotune o2 sensor bung welded in the header. Should be here on tuesday next week.

I ordered a Pro Model Precision for this bike. i have the standard on the xc bike.

BakerRacing40
02-19-2010, 08:02 AM
coming right on along... both your bikes look good man. haven't had time to do any research into it, but what the difference in the two precision dampeners?

hendershot106
02-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
coming right on along... both your bikes look good man. haven't had time to do any research into it, but what the difference in the two precision dampeners?

Basicall the pro model has an internal reservoir to deal with fluid expansion for higher temperatures and more abuse...and the adjustment knobs are sealed. The mx bike will see more summer abuse so i decided to try it on that bike.

BakerRacing40
02-19-2010, 11:28 AM
after you get some time on it you'll have to start another thread on them. i need to buy one but money has to go to other things to get ready for cross country. going from full tt bike to xc is going to cost more than i thought..

hendershot106
02-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Well i had to pick up my ups shipments at the local gas station... Ups man too scared to drive to my house hehe :D

My 661 order finally arrived...in a One industries box....(661 was bought out by One)- handguards, grips, magnetic drain plugs

Hellbound racing helped me out with a great deal on the bearing kits for the stem, wheel bearings, and swingarm to have as spares.

hendershot106
02-19-2010, 01:55 PM
My 06 yfz cams finally arrived....anybody need an exhaust cam?? lol.

hendershot106
02-19-2010, 01:56 PM
And after 4 days of the ups waiting game for unable to deliver due to road conditions....

SOFT BARS!!!! Thanks TOM!!!!

i couldnt wait to bolt these on to something..lol...so my xc bike just earned a new set of bars....now i need another set :D

mxpimp2000
02-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by hendershot106
And after 4 days of the ups waiting game for unable to deliver due to road conditions....

SOFT BARS!!!! Thanks TOM!!!!

i couldnt wait to bolt these on to something..lol...so my xc bike just earned a new set of bars....now i need another set :D

to each his own but WHY those HUGE bars? seems like u would need a -2 stem to accomodate a +1 height with those. IMO flexx bars are still to high rise for me. but its just my opinion keep the pics coming

hendershot106
02-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Soft Bars Mounted on the XC bike...as well as the kill switch on the handlebars someone was asking about....and new grips... and a 05 450r thumb throttle we pc'd black...and the new handguards. I decided to put cycra mx handguards on the mx bike.

hendershot106
02-19-2010, 02:09 PM
to each his own but WHY those HUGE bars? seems like u would need a -2 stem to accomodate a +1 height with those. IMO flexx bars are still to high rise for me. but its just my opinion keep the pics coming

Actually, i had about 1" of spacer underneath my stock clamps with the 14 degree lo atv bend flexx bars. it was roughly 27.5" from top of nerf bar to middle of handlebars. with 2-3 washers below the aluminum bushing on the soft bars i am at the same height. And i also gained the ability to grease them...rebuild them...and Adjust the soft/stiffness.

And see the pic below of flexx bars on the same bike? Do you see any room for a kill switch on the left side????

One benefit i didnt expect was the ability to bolt on my stock handlebar switch, clutch, handguard, and kill switch all on the left side. Flexx Bars Cant Beat That!

mxpimp2000
02-19-2010, 02:20 PM
i understand ur reasoning ive never rode with flexx or soft bars they just seem really tall. i noticed the extra room on the bars u had. have you thought about going to a dirtbike start button? i have a brand new one in package id sale ya cheap since i went to kick start only i dont have any use for any of that.

how are the pull back on those bars? maybe ill grow to like them and once i see how they look on ur mx bike when u get done with it. i hope to have a 09 or 10 yfzR next season. i would like to gain more info on them and tips like u have already posted bout the lean angle sensor. we need more info on these bikes and how to tricks that way when i get one i can do all the free mods at once.

also do they make a kick start kit yet? ive seen a carb on a new R and they liked it better,

cant wait till u get it done

hendershot106
02-19-2010, 02:26 PM
i understand ur reasoning ive never rode with flexx or soft bars they just seem really tall. i noticed the extra room on the bars u had. have you thought about going to a dirtbike start button? i have a brand new one in package id sale ya cheap since i went to kick start only i dont have any use for any of that.

how are the pull back on those bars? maybe ill grow to like them and once i see how they look on ur mx bike when u get done with it. i hope to have a 09 or 10 yfzR next season. i would like to gain more info on them and tips like u have already posted bout the lean angle sensor. we need more info on these bikes and how to tricks that way when i get one i can do all the free mods at once.

also do they make a kick start kit yet? ive seen a carb on a new R and they liked it better,

cant wait till u get it done

My mx bike i already have a yz style push button for a start switch...just waiting on a frame to get started. This bike i will be riding all the time..so im leaving all the headlight mounts and switches. I see no possible way to put a kickstart on this bike..at all... there is nowhere to put it on the engine or to fit it in under the frame...as far as a carb goes... i wanted the efi bike...so i will try to "suffice" with the efi. If i cant get it running right...then i will switch to a carb...

The pull back is the same as a cr hi bars- i have always ran cr hi or cr double hi.

And for all the free mods...when you get a R..let me know..i ll email you all the pics and explanations you could ever want.

Currently i am stripping the harness on my mx bike ...will post pics of that next.

hendershot106
02-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Wet/Gloss Black PC on mx bike Swingarm. Always makes a stocker look aftermarket imo.

mxpimp2000
02-19-2010, 02:35 PM
dang i never noticed there wasnt any place for a kicker. i cant wait to get a new yfz and i hope no one gets the idea to get yellow plastic lol i found a pic on bluetraxx of a 09 with white carbon fiber plastic

hendershot106
02-22-2010, 10:41 AM
That bike would look much better with a black seat cover.

More stuff came in... Black Cycra Stealth DX for this bike.

2 black factory effex gripper seat covers.

YZ style kill button (start switch)

Spare chain/sprocket kit.

hendershot106
02-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Stock seat covers.

hendershot106
02-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Black gripper seat covers installed.

I saved the stock ones by carefully removing the staples so i could have spare seat covers.

hendershot106
02-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Close up view of rear seat cover with stitched area.

I was afraid this would be difficult to pull out wrinkles but it was very easy.

I actually recovered these seats in about the same time as i would have my old honda seats.

hendershot106
02-23-2010, 08:37 AM
HMF ENGINEERING COMPETITION SERIES with autotune bung on header.

hendershot106
02-23-2010, 08:38 AM
subframe , beadlock rings, hubs all ready for sparkle orange.

hendershot106
02-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Frame after Sparkle Orange w/ Clear

I really do not have a camera to properly show how this color looks. It has a sparkle to a pearl orange look. I am very happy with this color! :D

hendershot106
02-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Hard to see in pic- Wet Gloss Black -

Steering stem
Fender/heelguard brackets
thumb throttle
clutch cover

This was the second batch of black.
All of the parts from the xc bike are identical to this and i have installed already.

Flynbryan19
02-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by hendershot106
Hard to see in pic- Wet Gloss Black -

Steering stem
Fender/heelguard brackets
thumb throttle
clutch cover

This was the second batch of black.
All of the parts from the xc bike are identical to this and i have installed already.

That poor Yz looks like its seen better days. lol

born2ride14
02-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Hey man i was wondering of you would show you pc set up, did you build that big oven?

hendershot106
02-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by born2ride14
Hey man i was wondering of you would show you pc set up, did you build that big oven?

Not my setup....

motomxman450
02-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Hey man I may be wrong but isnt the bung for the o2 sensor supposed to be anywhere from 12 to 18 inches away from the exhaust port?

hendershot106
03-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Rear G2 w. mx100 18 10 8 Hoosiers mounted up...Sparkle Orange Beadlock rings

hendershot106
03-01-2010, 10:21 AM
I spent Most of this past weekend on this bike building it from the frame up Saturday and sunday.

These pics arent the best... i will get better pics outside when it isnt dark and 12 inches of snow everywhere... "teaser pics"

hendershot106
03-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Side rear view.

hendershot106
03-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Bars/Handguards/Levers

hendershot106
03-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Iphone pic.

hendershot106
03-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Spare Rears with extra hoosiers. I had powdercoater batch them together with the subframe, hubs, thumb throttle covers, and other rings.

hendershot106
03-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Made a # plate to match my cnc rear plate with impact font style.

hondaracer_34
03-01-2010, 04:52 PM
:eek2:
Wow, thats an amazing looking YFZR. Nice job on the build!! :D

funyun
03-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Any tuning/setup tips for the PCV and autotune. Was curious whats the best way to get the right tune going and the autotune working properly. Some people were saying if you lug it around during tuning or do various things it will throw off the map greatly. Thanks

spanky101
03-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Looks great man! Should run well with the mods you have done

Canadian144
03-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Nice looking build you got there! I like the color combo.

And this is coming from an LTR guy haha.

hendershot106
03-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the compliments yaalll ... i havent had time to autotune it yet... I did notice this bike runs a little better than my xc bike that is similar except the mx bike has the comp exhaust instead of the sport.

Clean outside pics at Durhamtown about ten minutes before it was covered in fresh ga clay!!

hendershot106
03-11-2010, 11:56 AM
side

hendershot106
03-11-2010, 11:59 AM
close up nerfs

hendershot106
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Precision Pro I used up some precision stickers to keep it looking better longer.

hendershot106
03-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Front View. Still Need to order # plates for fenders.... too little time lately with traveling to ga and back...and getting other bike ready for gncc

hendershot106
03-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Trying to show the orange color in this pic...im not much of a photographer!!! It really glistens in the sunlight!!

hendershot106
03-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Soft bars, handguards, Dual brakelines..and a softened Honda 450r thumb throttle with the HONDA emblem sanded , housing pcd black and cover orange.

Really like these bars after riding with them for 4 days straight!!

JAKELTR450
03-11-2010, 07:36 PM
white plastics would look effin awesome. just not diggin the blue black white and orange combo.

hendershot106
03-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by JAKELTR450
white plastics would look effin awesome. just not diggin the blue black white and orange combo.

My intent was to put white front fenders with black rear fenders on the bike..... budget became tight with two bikes. I may still just take the plastic from this bike and put on my xc bike and get white black for this coming fall.

JAKELTR450
03-13-2010, 01:58 AM
white and black would be sick. white in front with a black quadtech hood, and rear black plastics. sick!

BakerRacing40
03-13-2010, 02:29 AM
The white cf plastics would look sick on there, but still looks good though

motomxman450
03-13-2010, 06:23 AM
Sick ....did a great job, how do you like the tires??? And for the pipe did you not put a sticker on it or is hmf stupid and didint want ppl knowing what it is???

hendershot106
03-13-2010, 10:19 AM
I really like the Hoosiers , the rears I run are soft compound fronts standard. Rears last similar to the maxxis soft compound. Thanks for the compliments!! And for the hmf sticker I called rider support to tell them and they def want a logo on there... They are sending me a sticker kit for it!

motohanks
03-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Your quad looks sweet.
Are those dirtbike or atv grips? If they're dirtbike style, how did you deal with the inside diameter being larger of the the one that's supposed to go over the throttle tube of the dirtbike?

BakerRacing40
03-13-2010, 08:59 PM
If I rember right the grips are motercycle ones. He just bought two sets to make one for the quad

hendershot106
03-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
If I rember right the grips are motercycle ones. He just bought two sets to make one for the quad

Yes Sir thats correct. And i wire them down double strand three places also...and i cut the dirt bike flange out of the grip on the lower side so the thumb throttle does not catch the lever