PDA

View Full Version : connecting to xbox live??

IRISH-RACER-14
01-27-2010, 10:44 AM
has anybody tried using a ethernet cable to connect to the net?

Chino
01-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by IRISH-RACER-14
has anybody tried using a ethernet cable to connect to the net?

That's the only way to do it other than using a wireless adapter that you have to buy for extra.

trx400 rider
01-27-2010, 11:30 AM
should of got a ps3 free internet built in wifi and blue ray player all that xbox dont have

extremeblastr
01-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by trx400 rider
should of got a ps3 free internet built in wifi and blue ray player all that xbox dont have

until you've owned xbox you can just stop talking:) and yes i have a ps3 after owning multiple xboxes but only because i'm cheap and got sick of fixing xboxes

matt14c
01-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
until you've owned xbox you can just stop talking:) and yes i have a ps3 after owning multiple xboxes but only because i'm cheap and got sick of fixing xboxes

Agreed! there is a reason why the ps3 net is free. I have both also and the only thing I use my ps3 for is MLB the show and the blue ray. As far as gaming especially online gaming the 360 wins hands down!

Just connecting an ethernet cable to the back is the easiest and best way to use live. I had the adapter for a little while then went back to using a cable. thought it was a little slower with the wireless. Also unless you already have it the adpater is like $100!

Chino
01-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by matt14c
Agreed! there is a reason why the ps3 net is free. I have both also and the only thing I use my ps3 for is MLB the show and the blue ray. As far as gaming especially online gaming the 360 wins hands down!

Just connecting an ethernet cable to the back is the easiest and best way to use live. I had the adapter for a little while then went back to using a cable. thought it was a little slower with the wireless. Also unless you already have it the adpater is like $100!

Agreed, there does seem to be some lag issues when using the wireless. Also agreed for gameplay 360 is far superior over ps3. There is a reason you pay for xbox live all of the cool features that come with it, as well as good servers rather than the laggy free ps3 ones.

Guy400
01-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Chino
Agreed, there does seem to be some lag issues when using the wireless. Also agreed for gameplay 360 is far superior over ps3. There is a reason you pay for xbox live all of the cool features that come with it, as well as good servers rather than the laggy free ps3 ones. I've got both. Online gaming is where XBL owns. My PS3 only gets used for BR movies in my bedroom.

400EX Stud
01-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Yeah PS3 online really sucks. The funny thing is, they are coming out with a game called MAG. It's supposed to support 256 players online. Cool if it will work but with they're servers I think that it will fall on it's face.