PDA

View Full Version : No Youth Offroad In Illinois

team37
01-27-2010, 09:01 AM
FOR THE SECOND YEAR.... DEMOCRAT MARY FLOWERS.... FROM CHICAGO HAS INTRODUSED A BILL THAT WOULD MAKE IT ILLEGAL FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 TO RIDE A ATV OR DIRTBIKE OR RIDE OFFROAD WITHOUT A DRIVERS LICENSE IN THE STATE OF ILLINOIS.........NO RACING - NO RIDING - NO WALNUT NATIONAL !!!!!SHE HAS ONCE AGAIN BURIED THE PROVISION IN A SCHOOL BILL. PLEASE HELP STOP HB 5029 AND ITS OFFROAD PROVISION......GO TO THE AMERICAN MOTORCYCLISTS RIGHTS PAGE FOR MORE INFO....LAST YEAR SHE CAME UNPREPARED FOR THE FIGHT AND VOWED - I WILL BE BACK. THIS YEAR IM SURE SHE HAS THE MASSIVE CHICAGO POLITICAL MACHINE BEHIND HER.

Coley'sdad#8
01-27-2010, 09:53 AM
I really get a laugh out of these kind of people that want to rule OUR lives and decide how WE raise our kids. In my experience I would say that Big Mary is just pizzed off cause she didn't have any friends or anything to play with when she was young and her parents made fun of her also:blah: but the bottom line is that the reality of all that is slim, think about all of the revenue that is involved in the racing, hunting, agricultural and recreational.
Sounds to me like Big Ole Mary needs to go get a pony and ride off into the sunset:chinese:

DAVYS DAD
01-27-2010, 10:41 AM
I will do what i can to help.Lets get everyone on here to send support,it may not make a difference but if we all try [and I mean EVERYONE]they may take notice.Its always some BS ,we have delt with this problem before in MI and finaly won.SOME PEOPLE JUST UNDERSTAND

later
Dave Woodbury

Nichols Atvs
01-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Find out what her intersts are and have a bill wrote up to stop what she likes . and see what kind of crap getts done then . A bill is crap untill it gets passed. U need to get it out in to the internet and into the public news to make a big stink over what she is trying to bury in the bill . Make a public annoncement to have her come join you on a ride on the atvs or what ever . Publicly force her to get involved . Just my 2 cents

EthansDad
01-27-2010, 07:26 PM
wow. Nichols, are there any action sites or petition sites backed by AMA or some other rights protection group? I like others think this is BS, but need to know what actions I can take NOW that will help the cause. If you have a main protest page or something to direct us where to vent our views so it will be heard and accounted for on this would be good! we've got family in IL, so we'll get them on board too.

-EA

Nichols Atvs
01-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Newspaper or internet paper .Explaining what this women is trying to do and explote it she has it hiden for a reason so no on sees it u must have a representative to the state in your county get in touch with them and get them on your side . and find out when the state meetings are and go to it and present to the state why this will harm money to them aswell . Ask about a petition if that can help to sway the interst of the voters . Any lawers you know ride with u ask them to help save the Youth programs . Getting the news channels involved stirs up a lot sh%$ something SHE Doesnt want!Youn dont want to make this womans job easy ! She just sits at home thinking up this crap to get her self payed. Give it a whirl . good luck CAll the ama they will help you find something im sure get them involved aswell Just remember to join the group if the are going to help you out!that what your dues go to. Good luck again

team37
01-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Illinois district 17 has all the info on there page now links and info go to www.amadistrict17.com

Dylan227
01-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Man that really sucks. She is a d***. I am running nationals for the first time this year and im 14 so If the bill goes through That means I wont be able to race it. That sucks. And for the fact tht will suck for the kids in illinos

Logan #34's Dad
01-31-2010, 11:56 AM
This is why people in Washington get a bad name. Don't get what they want then try to back door it into law by hiding in a bill that I'd guess the school kids need. Then they all wonder why people hate them. I guess this is the "Change" you all voted for.

01-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Its all about the "CHANGE" Rocky. I cant believe this is going on. Last year this time was "LEAD" now what for 2010? Every Year they do this to someone in one state or another.

Coley'sdad#8
02-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Yeah I'm about all "Changed" out:(