PDA

View Full Version : Got my Can am

LTRracer4
01-26-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm really happy with it. I bought Kevin Cootware's Rossier Canam. Its a badass bike. I broke the motoworks battery tray out of it first lap of the second day. I got a BCS overnighted and im very happy with it. I drilled holes in the shrouds to let heat out, the tank already has heat tape on it. I dont know, the bike seams pretty reliable. Ive blown 3 fuses in less then 3 hours of riding, but i bought all 30A fuses tonight to replace them all. Im down here in florida for a month or two more and i need this bike to last. What should i look out for? What should i check on daily besides the obvious stuff? Thanks guy, still adjusting slowly to the Can am.

400exc
01-27-2010, 07:12 AM
Just watch the normal stuff.. chain slack, bearings, tires, etc. But look at the case around the front sprocket for hairline cracks. The 08's have had some problems with that.

LTRracer4
01-27-2010, 08:48 AM
it has 2010 cases. I know the regular maintenence stuff to keep an eye on, i was just curious if there was anything on the ktm in particular.

Hey Terry, this may be too much to ask, but is it possible for you to pm me your phone number in case i do have as issue i cant diagnose? I have no one around here that knows a thing about can ams, it would be nice to have a source of someone that does! Thanks

ds450xracer
01-27-2010, 02:20 PM
If you say your in Florida you can come to one of the FTR harescramble races and see what Bithell and McGill are doing to there factory bikes, they'll be doing that series till the first GNCC

LTRracer4
01-27-2010, 04:14 PM
I talked to a few factory can am xc guys last night out at Pax they gave me some tips. I also talked to Weinen out here at Waldo today and he had some advice too, bunch of nice guys around this sport.

kellymi
01-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by LTRracer4
I talked to a few factory can am xc guys last night out at Pax they gave me some tips. I also talked to Weinen out here at Waldo today and he had some advice too, bunch of nice guys around this sport.

I wouldn't mind hearing some of these tips.

ds450xracer
01-27-2010, 07:41 PM
The tips the Warnert xc guys told use was that they are running motoworks clutches, they have a cage built in front of there radiators, and are running dual fans one on the front and one on the back, they also have the different cooling system that replaces the coolant tank. Also said to drill alot of holes in the plastics and put reflective tap all over the gas tank. One thing they didnt say but i noticed is that the motoworks exhaust they are running are about twice the diameter of the regular motoworks at the can.

Blizzard24
01-28-2010, 04:28 AM
So the Warnert XC guys are using Motoworks Exhausts this year instead of HMF?

I wonder if Motoworks is doing the engines this year, if so I expect some really good results from Bithell and McGill.

ds450xracer
01-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Ya i imagine if they are running there clutches and exhaust they probably got there motowork, Bithells bike was keeping up with Borich's and Kisers bikes in some of the long 5th gear straights there were at this last race. Mcgills bike is still running a pretty bone stock motor which i thought was kinda wierd.