PDA

View Full Version : Hinson Slipper Clutch

motomxman450
01-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Can some one give me their poinion about these, looking at putting one on a 2008 trx 450r

cmmick
01-28-2010, 08:53 AM
What's the difference between this and the ReKluse? I have the ReKluse, so I don't need info on it . . . . But would also like to hear about the Hinson Slipper.

motomxman450
01-28-2010, 10:44 AM
A rekluse allows you not to use the clutch lever right? I searched abot the hinson on google and alot of people try to compare these two and they are nothing alike. From what I somewhat understand now is that the slipper allows a decrease in engin braking while of power. Thus preventing "bucking"while coasting through braking bumps...... Still looking for more in depth info tho....

DEVINF450R
01-28-2010, 10:53 AM
The Rekluse Z-Pro allows you to use the clutch if you want to... it also decreases engine braking as well

cmmick
01-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Definately a MX thing. All I saw was info on back breaking and cornering.

I was surprised it is so $$$ expensive $$$ for what is does, compaired to all the rekluse does for it's price.

Seems like the 2 are completely different so probably not a good comparison,anyways.

DEVINF450R
01-28-2010, 11:22 PM
I think the rekluse looks like a better option no matter what kinda ridng you do

motomxman450
01-29-2010, 06:15 AM
Hinson is a sponsor so we have to rn there stuff. I think the rekluse is more of an xc thing.

deathman53
02-03-2010, 08:52 PM
a rekluse/efm/rev-lock and slipper are totally different in all aspects. The first 3 disengage the clutch almost completely until you hit the rpm range you choose and how hard it engages determines the rate that it will "slip" and resist stalling, also.

A rekluse EXP is somewhat in-between a slipper and auto-clutch, it feels like clutch and acts like one, but its an auto clutch too. Depending on how you set it up, determines how much like a regular clutch it feels like, if you set it up to a low hard engagement, you almost can't tell its a auto clutch and it will stall out easier. Its designed to give the "launch" and feel of a regular clutch w/ anti-stall and auto-clutch for when you drop the bike, don't down shift enough for a turn or stop in a big hurry. All the auto clutches almost eliminate engine braking.

The slipper clutch has the feel and "launch" of a regular clutch and some anti-stall in it. It won't disengage the clutch for when you drop it or stop in a big hurry. It will slip to a certain extent if you enter the corner in a gear or 2 too high, but will still stall out. A slipper clutch can be "bump started" where a auto-clutch can't.

A slipper is more for mx and a auto is more for xc, the EXP auto clutch is a mix of both. I don't have a slipper or EXP, but have a pro auto-clutch mid hard engagement and have ridden a slipper clutch, 2 different animals. The pro auto makes woods and tight mx much easier and tames the motor "hit" to not wear you out, but it doesn't launch as fast and a regular clutch grabs better at first. The slipper is weird, it grabs like a regular clutch, but has stall resistance and you can feel it more. Its much easier to stall out than a auto.

racer 557
02-07-2010, 06:05 PM
well said death man!!