PDA

View Full Version : quad or car?

yellowhonda400
01-26-2010, 05:39 PM
ok i have my 05 kfx400 which i have always wanted and i finally have it and had it for a little over a year. now my problem is that i want a mustang and im tired of driving my car around. The only thing is i really cant have both because even if i sell my car i won't have enough for amustang plus enough to insurance. Im just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or what are your guys opions.

01-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Keep the quad.. you already have a Firebird LT1. You'd only get max 2300 out of that KFX, and all that will get you is a foxbody. The fox bodies aren't as fast, handle as good, or as tight/solid as the firebird is unless you dump some money in them.

I mean I like 5.0's, but they're complete rattle traps.

Keep the quad and be happy with your firechicken.

01-26-2010, 06:03 PM
oops.. just realized you mentioned selling your firebird too.

Well, in that case, it's still not worth it. The LT1 is faster then the 4.6 a little. The 4.6's aren't all that special unless they're supercharged.

Unless you can get an 03/04 cobra then I wouldn't do it.

yellowhonda400
01-26-2010, 07:37 PM
lmao were the eff did u get a firebird from. i have an altima

01-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by yellowhonda400
lmao were the eff did u get a firebird from. i have an altima

hahaha oops. Your username looks just like the other kids, who has a firebird. Just realized that his has "ex" on the end of it.

Sorry about that dude. :p

muddy400EX
01-26-2010, 08:07 PM
you'll miss your quad man, trust me. a couple years ago i did the EXACT same thing. had a 4x4 truck, and a 400ex. sold them both to get my formula. it was fun for awhile, then i really started missing riding. got another quad, and now im planning on sellin the bird and getting another truck soon

woodsracer144
01-26-2010, 08:51 PM
i would just stick with how things are, you got it all paid for and dont need to worry about anything. wait alittle bit till you get some more money and then get a different car,

I would love to get a Old bodystyle ford powerstroke, like a 96 or 97, but they are baout 6500 for a good one then the fuel and all the other things i would have to pay for i couldnt do all that, Im waiting till the spring and hopefully i can get one then...

kfx400rider03
01-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
hahaha oops. Your username looks just like the other kids, who has a firebird. Just realized that his has "ex" on the end of it.

Sorry about that dude. :p

lol that was my buddy he got rid of that car already ignition kept getting messed up but bought another one 2 weeks later

01-27-2010, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
The LT1 is faster then the 4.6 a little. The 4.6's aren't all that special unless they're supercharged.

Epic Fail

yellowhonda400
01-27-2010, 04:56 AM
well i posted my quad up on craigslist and put it for 3300 adn said if no one has this money dont low ball me becauswe i dnt need to sell it but if the right price comes i will. so idk but thanks for the advice

muddy400EX
01-27-2010, 08:46 AM
are you wanting a 5.0 or a 4.6?

Jim417mx
01-27-2010, 09:51 AM
I dont know much about you or your life, but this is my story.. 4 years ago I had a stock 95 trans am lt1 I picked up for dirt cheap, and a 04 yfz that I picked up dirt cheap, both were stock and had little problems.... now, 4 years down the road, after deciding to keep both, I am STILL putting money into my trans am, I finally have all the motor parts ready to make it a 10.50-11.50 second car...and I now own a 07 ltr450 fully built fox/houser, etc.. I focus on the things I love first (like motocross) , and I just work on the other things I love on the side , for example, my car... my car hasmt moved more than 10 feet in the past 3-4 years, but in the end it will be worth it... Until then, I'll keep racing my quad and having fun, thats where the real funs at.. cars get old quick, motocross and quads dont... but then again it depends what your into...

Look at it this way... you dont need a new car to be cool, but you need a newer quad to be cool and keep up with the competition and everybody else... cars take a lot of time to build, just put the car thoughts on the side.. maybe save up for one, do whatver it takes, even if you have to sell your current car and buy a beater to save gas $ which could be money u can put towards the mustang.. you dont NEED a nice car asap.... and as for a mustang... if ur a mustang type of guy, go for it, but like mentioned above, I'd drive my trans am anyday over a mustang, 90% of ppl with mustangs are young kids who think their cool anyways. But its up to you

yellowhonda400
01-27-2010, 01:00 PM
well iv been around cars my whole life and my dad drag races his nova so i have always wanted nice cars. i always had a thing for mustangs, 1st the 5.0 now the 4.6 but iv had a quad for about 5 years now and i love it. The only problem with the quad is in CT there is nowhere to ride legally unless you find some private land then which you have to ask permission which usually comes back as a no. I know i dont need the car now but im tired of my car and im looking for something that i have always wanted. Ill even take a non running crashedmustang but they are hard to come by. IDK what im doing yet hopefully i can have both

muddy400EX
01-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Jim417mx
I dont know much about you or your life, but this is my story.. 4 years ago I had a stock 95 trans am lt1 I picked up for dirt cheap, and a 04 yfz that I picked up dirt cheap, both were stock and had little problems.... now, 4 years down the road, after deciding to keep both, I am STILL putting money into my trans am, I finally have all the motor parts ready to make it a 10.50-11.50 second car...and I now own a 07 ltr450 fully built fox/houser, etc.. I focus on the things I love first (like motocross) , and I just work on the other things I love on the side , for example, my car... my car hasmt moved more than 10 feet in the past 3-4 years, but in the end it will be worth it... Until then, I'll keep racing my quad and having fun, thats where the real funs at.. cars get old quick, motocross and quads dont... but then again it depends what your into...

Look at it this way... you dont need a new car to be cool, but you need a newer quad to be cool and keep up with the competition and everybody else... cars take a lot of time to build, just put the car thoughts on the side.. maybe save up for one, do whatver it takes, even if you have to sell your current car and buy a beater to save gas $ which could be money u can put towards the mustang.. you dont NEED a nice car asap.... and as for a mustang... if ur a mustang type of guy, go for it, but like mentioned above, I'd drive my trans am anyday over a mustang, 90% of ppl with mustangs are young kids who think their cool anyways. But its up to you

one thing ive found out about having a fast car, is you always want it to be faster. when in the end, your just driving around on the street and theres really no point,lol. and i get sick of people saying "my mustang will smoke your car" or my "86 camaro would smoke your car" its like a constant competition and it gets so old everyone thinking they have the fastest car and wanting to race. i cant wait to get rid of it and have a truck,lol

fastredrider44
01-27-2010, 02:28 PM
As the old saying goes, there will always be someone bigger, badder, faster, and stronger than you. Same for cars. There is always someone faster somewhere. I like to have enough power to have fun, but I'm not wasting my gas to "race" someone just cause they think they are faster.

muddy400EX
01-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
As the old saying goes, there will always be someone bigger, badder, faster, and stronger than you. Same for cars. There is always someone faster somewhere. I like to have enough power to have fun, but I'm not wasting my gas to "race" someone just cause they think they are faster.

exactly. im so sick of aleros and ford focus's coming beside me revving their fart can. there not even worth the gas it will waste

woodsracer144
01-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Jim417mx
Look at it this way... you dont need a new car to be cool, but you need a newer quad to be cool and keep up with the competition and everybody else...

I have to disagree, what it takes to keep up with the pros is a good rider, there are loads and loads of kids out there that should go pro but they just dont have the moeny, I my self didnt have the money and im just now getting in with some great people...

If i had to pick a built 250r, 450r yzf ltr kfx or any other 450, i would take the built 250r,

the 250r is where racing started and its where it will always be, if you dont agree, tell me why was every running a hybred with a 250r Geo chassis, and then tell me why does yamaha have the yfzr chassis the way it is, its all because of one guy and his name is mark leager that built the protrax chassis...
just my .02....

Tommy Warren
01-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
exactly. im so sick of aleros and ford focus's coming beside me revving their fart can. there not even worth the gas it will waste

I don't think a trans am will keep up with a ford focus anyways...your best off not to race:devil:

Ruby Soho
01-28-2010, 08:44 AM
been there done that..

keep your quad. you can't have both, but you can have two mediocore rides.

i sold my quad for my first truck, that was kind of a must because i needed to get to work. I still had my pitbike, which got me by but i eventually sold that to lift my truck. i missed riding. i eventually picked up another bike and had both my f150 and the rm250. but i wasn't happy with my i6 150 anymore and wanted a diesel. so i sold my bike and my 150, and just about everything else i had to get the diesel. and now im missing riding once again....

just enjoy what you have for now eventually you'll end up with what you want

muddy400EX
01-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
I don't think a trans am will keep up with a ford focus anyways...your best off not to race:devil:

whats sad is thats actually what they think:ermm:

Eclipsemike
01-28-2010, 11:43 AM
i got my license abotu 6 years ago and had a 95 eclipse. i stopped riding because i was like i am goin to be driving soon i wont have time for riding. i kept my 93 300ex and last year i decided to try to pull the old 300 out replaced the axle bearings and got it running after sittin in the shed for 5 years. 3 weeks later after goin riding with my buddy with a 450r i decided to look for a 450 i picked up an 05 450r and now my car is actually on the back burner. because having a 400 horsepower 4 cylinder is cool its just not reliable. i cant find a clutch that wont slip or detonate.

My advice keep what you got. buy a fixer up mustang and slowly put money into it. build it but take your time buildin it. butuntil then just go ride and have a good fricken time.

yellowhonda400
01-28-2010, 06:26 PM
i would be so happy with a fixer up mustang but i cant find any. the only other thing is like i said be there is nowhere is CT to ride it blows. im lucky if i go ridding twice a month.