PDA

View Full Version : Hid Lights Ds450 H4

ds450
01-26-2010, 05:16 PM
I just ordered some hid lights for my truck and then relized they sell h4 hid kits that will fit my ds450. The company is ddm tuning and they sell 35 or 55 watt kits with high and low and with relays.

So my question is does anything think these would be a good idea? And would the 55 watt ones be too hot for the little housings? Just looking other peoples thoughts.

chevyvortech
01-26-2010, 06:31 PM
that's what i was going to do to my 450 but i wasn't sure what bulb it took as for heat the hids put out less heat than the stock halogen bulbs and they use less energy so go for it and let me know how it turns out

simond
01-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by chevyvortech
that's what i was going to do to my 450 but i wasn't sure what bulb it took as for heat the hids put out less heat than the stock halogen bulbs and they use less energy so go for it and let me know how it turns out

HID took MUCH more energy then stock bulb, You have to power ballast that will powered light

35 watt will be enought. on of my friend did the 55w setup and melt the lens!! burn some wir and have to do custom wiring cose you're computer wont recognize the augmentation of power. Supose too send ..12 v 1 amp to light and now asjin 12 v 5 amp... FAIL...omputer won't let you turn on the light or shut it down... Custom wiring with independant switch!

ds450
01-27-2010, 10:57 AM
I thought the 55 watts would put off too much heat, but wasn't really sure if they put off that much more. But with the relay wiring harness they sell the oem switch just powers the relay so the relay take power straight from the battery to the lights.