PDA

View Full Version : Whats Mods to do???

bcapien
01-26-2010, 03:41 PM
I just purchased a 06 LTR450 and need to know what i should do with it to help out on HP a bit.. I dont want to tear into engine so any plug and play mods would be great. I already did a plus 2 on front and rear and also on steering stem. New tires front and rear. I added full exhaust and k&n filter with open box. What can i do?? What is the best supplier of things needed.. I looked at PC3 and other items like that but not sure what is best do to and who makes the best.. I dont want to waste $35.00 on cherry bomb would rather spend the money to get most out of quad but i dont want something i will need to adjust everyday just to write. Been there done that.. Please any info would be great.

kfx400rider03
01-26-2010, 04:48 PM
so you are running a pipe and lid off with k&n air filter with the stock map?
the power cammander is a must if you plan on builder your motor up more which it sounds like you want to. and the cherry bomp isnt waste if u wanna save money and not buy a $300 pc3 right now and plus the cherry bomb makes it so the quad also rev 1000 more rpms over stock. people that have pc3 leave there cherry bomb plugged in to gai the extra 1000rpms..
there isnt much more bolt ons u can do for power beside some type of programmer. if you are looking for more bottom end put a 13 tooth front sproket on it. i have one and run 18's and i like the set up.

bcapien
01-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Well after looking for plug to put new cherry bomb in i noticed there is already a cherry bomb there.. What about a dynatek FI(I thinks thats it)?? Any good?? I can get a new unit pretty cheap. I looked at others(PC3) but dont really want to load stuff up with computer just want to set and go or would i better off with the PC3??

bcapien
01-26-2010, 09:10 PM
So my question is.. What is better?? The Yoshimura EMS? The Power Commander PC3? The Dynetec F1 ?? I see FMF makes a unit and also a few other out there.. I want the simplest unit but good unit.. I guess i could use computer to program if needed but dont plan on doing to many more mods. I got everything i need so this will be the last thing i am going to buy for awhile.. Thanks

kfx400rider03
01-26-2010, 10:00 PM
if you dont plan on doing anything for a while the cherry bomb will be fine. but i dont know much about the other fuel remapping units. i use the dynojet pcII and havent had any problem with it. but you wont realy need that unless you open up the motor and do engine mods.