PDA

View Full Version : another kick start question

720tobe
01-25-2010, 11:01 PM
hey guys i was doing some research i have a 06 yfz and saw this setup but i wanted to make sure before i buy it that it would work on mine being it states 2009 with the link provided is this a cheap kit and with this kicker do i have to shave the rear fender or was it re designed with the shorter kicker so you dont have to shave..... is this the only kit or does someone else have a kit put together also... thanks guys prob will have to copy and paste the site..

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelscitemdetail/5/323/1279/6896/2008/all/4056/0/1/detail.aspx

720tobe
01-25-2010, 11:19 PM
ok i see now were it says it will fit the 04 to 09 is this all you need to kick start i plan on leaving everything on the bike es and battery,lights,ect..... so pretty much is this kit the only kit/cheapest and is this kicker the best kicker or should i order the shorter one that i saw some was ordering... thanks guys

720tobe
01-29-2010, 02:33 PM
can someone help me on this topic please if you no the answer please help me.....

nicker71
01-30-2010, 07:21 AM
that kit will work. Its a basic kit. The lever will interfer with the rear plastic. So you would have to do some trimming to make it work. How much trimming I dont know. But I think its quite abit. If you dont want to trim much then what you need a 1998 YZ250 dirtbike kick lever they are much shorter and will just bearly clear the rear fender and heal guard. But beware it makes it very hard to kick over with such a short lever, and I would recommend it be used as a back up only. I have this setup on my yfz now and let me tell you its a pain to start up with the kicker. I use it just as emergency back up.
Hope this helps.

720tobe
01-30-2010, 07:38 AM
ok thanks for the reply ya i was just wanting it for a backup but i heard if you have the cam mod its alot easier to kick over... thanks again...