PDA

View Full Version : started p90x today

shane071489
01-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Well i finally got everyed thing ready and started the p90x well all i can say is its fkin insane! i got nauseas like 10 times and had to hit pause so many times im 5'10 weight 159 the other day not overweight or anything in my eye but never really lifted i would a few days and just stray away well i used to drink like 10 pepsis a day decided to drop that now all i drink is water started eating healthy and started running and walking and have been sticking to it so i figured id try this...its the hardest thing ive done so far not gonna lie i think i pushed myself to much in the beginning because at the end instead of doing push ups i was using the bands and having the hardest time doing some of the push ups definately think its a good investment definately ready for day 90 and to hit the beach haha think it will help my cardio a lot while riding also

derekhonda
01-26-2010, 06:28 AM
I've heard of a lot of people doing it. Do yourself a favor, take a bunch of before photos, and get a string and measure your biceps unflexed/flexed, forearms, quads, calves, chest, waist and hips. Just do it, the last time i started a big workout i never did that and I wished I would have.

01-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Im on week two, its definitely an intense workout. I wear a weighted backpack for the chest and back days

honduh440
01-26-2010, 10:28 AM
my girlfriend does those workouts i can do them twice in a row without pausing once at the same speed and reps .... real men workout in the gym

Rcrazy
01-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
my girlfriend does those workouts i can do them twice in a row without pausing once at the same speed and reps .... real men workout in the gym

If you can do it at there pace and there reps twice and a row why dont you try and do it faster and more reps than them if it's such and easy program than you should able to do twice as many as them in the alotted time they give you.
The gym maybe great but I like the idea of being able to do it in my home and not have to stand around and wait and I dont care how hard you do your gym workout your not gonna get the same resaults in 90 days at the gym unless you live there.. I got it for x-mas but havent been able to start it, been waiting to get the cash to get dumbells, I'd rather use them than the bands...The main reason I wanted it was to help me with my endurance for riding, and to cut up a little bit.

O yeah to honduh440..."Real men" as yourself shouldn't need to brag about how strong they are..

Robin Hood
01-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Started it last year in September and could only do if for a month before exams and stuff kicked in.

It's definitely one hell of a work out! The first day of Chest killed me. I made the mistake of jumping right in and doing everything at their pace.

shane071489
01-26-2010, 11:36 AM
this is a gym a nutrition store and a new life all packed in one it has a nutritional guide line to eat with while doing the excercise so your body gets what it needs....all i got to say is if you can do the p90x exactly like they can no problem you are an absolute beast...ive seen cut up people that cant do it...and they have a doubles set if your that good try that...yeah im actually gonna take the pics and measurements tonight...the gf does it with me to with the little bands haha but last night has me hooked abs are sore today and my chest i thought i actually didnt get enough done because i pushed so hard at the beginning but it says do what you can and it will work so im damn sure doing it ha ready for tonight to do it again...the nutrition guideline is awesome it has so many recipes and tells you how much is in so much different food i got mine for 70 new on ebay with everything and i would of easily paid the 150

reconmaster
01-26-2010, 10:03 PM
i do in the gym but i had some of the exercises in the work outs like lawn mowes and corkscrew curls. matters what kind of gym you go to. If you go to a busy one organize your work out to o to free weights then machines. thats how i do it and notice a big difference.

01-26-2010, 10:16 PM
this system does work. i went from fat. to this

Scro
01-27-2010, 10:01 AM
I tried it, but I don't have the balance to do half the stuff. Seems like every other exercise is up on one foot. I think my equilibrium is FUBAR from my stereo competition days.

I guess I'll have to stick to working out with the "real men" in the gym.:rolleyes: :p

initall
01-27-2010, 10:42 AM
I stick to the gym so everyone can see how jacked and tan i am

honduh440
01-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Rcrazy
If you can do it at there pace and there reps twice and a row why dont you try and do it faster and more reps than them if it's such and easy program than you should able to do twice as many as them in the alotted time they give you.
The gym maybe great but I like the idea of being able to do it in my home and not have to stand around and wait and I dont care how hard you do your gym workout your not gonna get the same resaults in 90 days at the gym unless you live there.. I got it for x-mas but havent been able to start it, been waiting to get the cash to get dumbells, I'd rather use them than the bands...The main reason I wanted it was to help me with my endurance for riding, and to cut up a little bit.

O yeah to honduh440..."Real men" as yourself shouldn't need to brag about how strong they are..

cant get the same results in the gym within 90 days without living their? BS that p90x has u workin out for atleast a hour basically every day ... u can get more results with a proper routine 3 days a week at 45 min in the gym

brag? i could give a $hit less what a bunch of random people on a website think .... however i can speak from experience

honduh440
01-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by initall
I stick to the gym so everyone can see how jacked and tan i am

lol fist pump

shane071489
01-28-2010, 11:24 AM
definatlely a fist pump haha its real intense ha had to find a recovery drink ive never been this sore from working out in a gym never worked my legs so hard i cant hardly walk ha this thing is awesome ready to be done with the 90 days and see what results i get