PDA

View Full Version : Port work on Jams motor

Ride1Rob
01-25-2010, 09:55 PM
I went into the realm of modding these lil motors some months back and until now haven't had any good results. I have experience porting 450's and such but these lil thumpers are a different entity. I messed up 3 heads before I finally got the results I was looking for. This video is of Jam riding after a port job I did on his stock Lifan head. Yuo'll hear in the vid the difference it made in sound as well. No kidding it's right on par with a 250 thumper in terms of sound. As for performance, I got better results than the TB big valve head I have (hence why it's for sale). The only other mod I have is a worn Akunar hc piston (why there's blowby in the vid). This bike hauls the mail with me on it and it's VERY SNAPPY :eek2: Watch the vid and give me some feedback ;) .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cia3HojfERI

sand45
01-25-2010, 10:17 PM
OOOHHHH crap looks like the tree won!!.....Hey the bike sounds awesome .....i do love 4 stroke thumping sound!!!!!:D

bl35
01-26-2010, 11:02 AM
the hole shot looks good what are you running for gears

nordic quad
01-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Looks like it's hauling the mail Rob,the quad seems to handle mouch better to,did you change the shocks?It also looks like Jam is handling the power better and better exept for that tree that came in the way LOL

Stein A

Ride1Rob
01-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by bl35
the hole shot looks good what are you running for gears

We're running 14/41.

Originally posted by nordic quad
Looks like it's hauling the mail Rob,the quad seems to handle mouch better to,did you change the shocks?It also looks like Jam is handling the power better and better exept for that tree that came in the way LOL

Stein A

Nordic, we changed to fully adjustable suspension on the fronts. Need a rear and a stabilizer as well now... It never ends lol.

guenther
01-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Holy crap, that thing hauls balls. He was holding on for dear life. The low end torque seems crazy on that thing.

Hondo121
01-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Rob,
if you ever want to fly you and Jam out here for a weekend race i will put him on one of our 3 flat track machines. you guys would have a ball. just bring gear and Jam. and trust me all 3 of Cades machins are top notch. last sat one of the 9 year old girls broke her quad in practice so i moved her to cades 2nd backup and she won her heat by half a lap. it was cool cade and her starting 1,2 in the main. cade won and she ran a good 3rd.

would love to have you guys.
take care Bro.

russ

www.cadejenkinsracing.com

Ride1Rob
01-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Man Russ that'd be awesome! Now Jam will be asking me when we're gonna fly out there lol.

Hondo121
01-27-2010, 09:20 PM
would love to have you out this way.
Just let me know.
russ