PDA

View Full Version : need help swingarm bolt??

jordan 23
01-25-2010, 09:36 PM
can not get it out the owner before me did not take care of it and the bearings are wore out and the has this white corosion around the bolt and iv beat and beat and it wont even move.....

cataway
01-26-2010, 04:25 PM
yep cutting it into 4 pieces is about the only way your going to get it out.
some guys have used a reciprocating saw , i used a air sander with a thin cut blade, be careful not to cut the ends off the swing arm ,but if you do there not to expensive on ebay . i have one for sale to .
a good idea is to put in grease zerks in the little flat spots on the S A and take the bolt out at least once a year .

i even know of one or two guys that could not get the bolt out through the back of the transmission , i do not suggest beating it out if thats the case for you ,better to split the transmission than crack a case.

jordan 23
01-26-2010, 06:34 PM
where do i need to cut it at..

cataway
01-26-2010, 08:29 PM
most likely in 4 places, on each end between the arm and the frame and on each side of the transmission.
thats a maybe ,it could be frozen on one side and not the other,in which case you may have to only cut it three times maybe only twice.

in hind sight i could of only had to cut mine twice but there was no way to know that.
mine was stuck in the left side of the S A