PDA

View Full Version : Mini Quad Racing At Red Bud And Glmx Tracks

Ryko racing
01-25-2010, 06:45 PM
I just recieved a call from the Glmx promoters and they are in the process of putting together a Quad series for Michigan, Indiana area. 70-90cc prod and mod will run on big tracks, each rider should have 2 classes to race in on race day. This is a HUGE step in bringing top notch atv racing back to Michigan with top notch tracks.
Quads will run on same day as bikes and our motos should be in the first 5 races of the schedule to make the day shorter for the kids.

The rules should be out real soon.
It would be cool to have the Indy riders come up and race with us,
they are good people and have a lot of fun.

Lets see what happens. i know Ryan is excited as he loves Red Bud, Baja, and Dutch. ( TO BAD WE CANT MOVE THE FINALE FROM LORETTAS TO RED BUD)

DAVYS DAD
01-25-2010, 09:30 PM
:confused: when did they change there mind they told me and others that 70s can run the big track if there is 10 or more in that class and the same with the 90s it also says on GLMX site that on challenge days both 90 and 70 will run the little track BS IF YOU ASK ME And Baja told me to my face they DONT NEED OR WANT ATV RACES. I like the GLMX tracks and will race a few if 70s are on the big track, but I know D-14 will let us on the big track so thats
where we will be.

Later

Logan #34's Dad
01-26-2010, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Ryko racing
The rules should be out real soon.
It would be cool to have the Indy riders come up and race with us,
they are good people and have a lot of fun.

Lets see what happens. i know Ryan is excited as he loves Red Bud, Baja, and Dutch. ( TO BAD WE CANT MOVE THE FINALE FROM LORETTAS TO RED BUD)

ARE WE BUCKEYE FANS ALOUD TO COME UP? Probably have to go through something like customs at the border. LOL. Once you get the dates, try to post them and please make sure the 70 - 90 can run the big track. Thanks.

DAVYS DAD
01-26-2010, 05:55 AM
unless GLMX are changing there dates, there schedule has been out for a while as for minis on the big track I doubt it but will wait and see.Go to glmx .com and see for yourself be sure to read the rules.I went to many glmx races last year and only ran the big track a couple times though they told me we wouldbe on the big track but when my family and friends got there, little track for you they said.Think that pizzez me off?!!OH YEA

Ryko racing
01-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Iwill address these issues and post back but they said 70 and 90 class on big track.

What do you think of a non points class that is mini quad open as a second class.( track time, track time, track time)

Of course the Buckeyes are welcome( they just have to wear blue /gold jerseys)

Iwill have an answer this week and post it.

DAVYS DAD
01-26-2010, 09:48 AM
I dont think Glmx will go for a non points class, to me it seems they dont have time to run minis onthe big track now so how can they add a class?I hope it works out for you [DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH] IM done trying to talk to them they should listen to what riders and parents have to say but they DONT.I know you like glmx tracks but if you want good racing you need to check out D-14 they at least listen when we speak and try to help.And here we go agian trying to get another series going in MI,THATS NOT GONA HELP TURNOUT so if everyone sticks together racing will be great if not were doomed. support D-14 thats where the minis will be.

later

Ryko racing
01-26-2010, 10:16 AM
I for one am not involved in any series. The GLMX asked for suggestions and i gave them my opinion. Obviously my opinion is based on getting the most track time, best tracks and best competition for Ryan to race against.

The only issue i have is when we go to a d14 race there is only 1 class to race. ( and for the last 2 seasons we were ineligible on our Cobra)

I have asked about classes for 2010 but have not gotten an answer. ( 90 mod ??, can we run a 150 supermini in 300 class?)

I know that the district is trying to make it work but that does not mean that other options are a bad thing.
( as i said ck out Reeds racing they get a great turnout too)

DAVYS DAD
01-26-2010, 11:04 AM
I have been to reeds and liked it,D-14 banquet is this weekend and we will figure out the classes then.you can run 90 mod and I will try to get the 150 super mini to run school boy it may not be for points but ryan will get track time.

later

mkeane
01-27-2010, 11:03 AM
this is an e-mail from Amy i had received back on Dec. 12th. she wa spretty clear that if we didnt have 10 or more that she(GLMX) would not put them on the big track.

Hi Mike,

The 90s race on the small track too, except for the 90 Mods at the Championship races. If we add them in the mix that makes it easier ... if we had 10 or more between the 2 classes, we could add one moto for them.

Amy

On Dec 12, 2009, at 12:36 AM, Keane, Mike wrote:

Amy I had talked to you previously about putting the 70’s on the big track. Since then Dave Woodbury and I have talked to quite a few of the parents that kids will be racing in the 70 and 90 classes. As I said before the GLMX has the premier tracks in MI and we are going to try and organize as many as the mini quads that we race with. This includes kids from IN and OH.
You had told me that you will need 10 70’s to put them on the big track and as I can’t guarantee that we can get 10 70’s at every race I feel from the responses I have gotten from the parents that very few will show up if there is a chance that they will be put on the little track.
Please do not take this as an ultimatum we just want to see our kids get the best and safest racing experience they can on the best tracks available.
What we would like to propose is putting the 70’s and 90’s together and either dropping them together or doing a double drop. If there is 10 in each class then you can do separate drops for each class.
We have a list of 25-30 kids that raced in MI last year and as we have talked to about half of them we want to call them all with some kind of commitment from the GLMX that we will be on the big track.
Dave and I would be more than happy to help you(GLMX) organize the mini quads any way we can.
If you could give either one us a call please we would like to discuss this with you in more detail. Thanks.

Mike Keane
(419)461-0978 (cell)

Dave Woodbury
(517)819-5345 (cell)

DAVYS DAD
01-30-2010, 08:00 AM
Any news from glmx? Or are they just BLOWING wind:rolleyes:

Later

Ryko racing
01-30-2010, 08:52 AM
I think they are serious. Actually we are contemplating going 2 wheel.

kimv
01-30-2010, 08:57 AM
I just emailed them last week on this issue and this is the response I got:

Hi Kim,

All the tracks agreed to run the 70's and 90's on the big track if
there are at least 10 entries between the two classes. It would be a
combined 70/90 moto.

Thanks,

Amy

DAVYS DAD
01-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Two Wheel,why would you do that?

#404's Dad
02-17-2010, 05:46 PM
So if they have 10 or more combining the 70 and 90's they will run on the big track together, will they score them separately though?

What are the Small tracks like, Lil Kiddie tracks or decent or what?

mkeane
02-17-2010, 06:25 PM
they will be scoring them seperatly. the lil tracks are not wide enough for the 50 limited. basically who ever got the hole shot would win the race. putting the 70 and 90 class on the lil tracks are just to dangerous and wont help the kids at all. IMO. if there is 9 or less the GLMX will put us on the lil track. District 14 has commited to putting 70 and up on the big track. we will be looking at some of the CRA races in ohio and Reeds in Indiana both 2-3 hours away and had a good mini quad turout last year. we will be doing the north series for nationals and as many races around this area as possible. glad to see you in the mx racing and look forward to racing with you this summer cory

#404's Dad
02-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Heck I dunno what we are gonna do now, I am not hauling my stuff all over Michigan to run on Kiddie Tracks thats for sure!!

What are the options, D14? I heard they only have one class? This is some aggravating crap :(

DAVYS DAD
02-18-2010, 05:05 AM
corey call me

Ryko racing
02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
I think that IF we all attend a race there will be over 10 in a class,

if we show some support they will respond ( thats how Tom KOQ GOT US GOING WITH D14 A FEW YEARS BACK).

I know that a good group of Indiana racers frequent GLMXraces if they are not on national weekends.

By the way if you race a COBRA they will let you run in production as long as it doesnt have a hand clutch.

WE NEED TO CRAWL BEFORE WE CAN WALK, AS I SAID BEFORE "WE JUST WANT TO RACE ON QUALITY TRACKS AND HAVE FUN..