PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket hood light setup?

bean2080
01-25-2010, 02:43 PM
im wondering if anyone has any kind of set up for a light with a aftermarket hood? i dont hardly ever ride in the dark but when i go riding with some buddies and it gets dark out i would like some kind of light but with a aftermarket hood im not able to. right now i just have a single fog light mounted to my hood as a temp light but i would like to have something a little better looking than that. if i cant find any other ways to mount a good looking light i might just make it so i can just remove the fog light when i dont use it. like i said, i dont ride in the dark alot but when i do its nice to have a light. im open for any ideas.
thanks

Scro
01-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Trailtech makes a nice setup that mounts to the handlebars.

OutlawBill
01-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Baja Design bolt up to your bars

racer 557
01-25-2010, 07:16 PM
I made something up with my maker hood so I can have a light and I have 04 it seems to hold up pretty well to and it's a cheap fix

Unverfehrt400ex
01-25-2010, 08:37 PM
I run the basic trail tech torch lights. They are 50 watt bulbs, one is a spot light and the other is a flood light. They have worked great so far. it's been rolled a few times and no damage to the lights at all yet. They are also quite a bit brighter than the stock lights that come on the 450r.